Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On (4471 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / My Almera Tink Trips Off Once The AC Is Switched On / Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by poyet(m): 8:48am On Nov 20, 2019
Hi! I have a 1998 crv automatic. When I switch on the airconditioner, the engine works fine, after moving, when I slow down or stop in the traffic of at a junction, the engine goes off. What could be the problem....note that my engine is sound, and the slow has been adjusted by the mechanics.
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by istephen(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2019
May be the throttle body needs some cleaning.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by tripoli007(m): 9:18am On Nov 20, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
Oga go and buy new car and stop disturbing our peace..

Shame no dey catch you. Using 1998 car more than 21 years. Am sure the car senior most of your siblings

You are even still a Youth corper,u haven’t even seen life ..let’s see how far u go with your 19800

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by kernniejay(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2019
If slow running is okay, and your throttle body is working fine, and engine is not smoking at any point in time, are you sure your engine is not losing compression? AC is additional load on the engine and when the engine is not having enough compression such as when the top gasket is bent or engine block itself is warbed, this may cause the engine to lose some power when load is placed on it. That's my opinion anyway, bosses in the house know better. cc. Gazzuzz, Egunmogaji etc.
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by tonye33(m): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Shame no dey catch you. Using 1998 car more than 21 years. Am sure the car senior most of your siblings

Kids everywhere

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2019
tripoli007:

You are even still a Youth corper,u haven’t even seen life ..let’s see how far u go with your 19800

I ain't serving oga.. dont look at my profile.. it's just a post
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by sheu01: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Stop insulting people if u dnt have any advise to give.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by temmym4(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2019
tripoli007:

What a wonderful response smiley

5 Likes

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by poyet(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2019
kernniejay:
If slow running is okay, and your throttle body is working fine, and engine is not smoking at any point in time, are you sure your engine is not losing compression? AC is additional load on the engine and when the engine is not having enough compression such as when the top gasket is bent or engine block itself is warbed, this may cause the engine to lose some power when load is placed on it. That's my opinion anyway, bosses in the house know better. cc. Gazzuzz, Egunmogaji etc.
I appreciate your response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by poyet(m): 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Man, I thank you for your AMAZING response. But learning to make response that make just a little sense wouldn't be a bad idea. Grow up little man!

4 Likes

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by zoba001(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2019
Go to your mechanic, tell him to high your engine a little bit

1 Like

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by autologic: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2019
zoba001:
Go to your mechanic, tell him to high your engine a little bit
Bad advice

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by Hoodbilonia: 11:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Rpm issues.
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by Gboliwe: 3:18am On Nov 21, 2019
Check the compressor. It might be bigger than the engine. Find the one that suits a 1998 vehicle
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by poyet(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Gboliwe:
Check the compressor. It might be bigger than the engine. Find the one that suits a 1998 vehicle
I appreciate this. I think this could just be it
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by Arizona1: 9:10am On Nov 22, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Your mates are not here... here is not for children please.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by Xtrachidi(m): 10:31am On Nov 22, 2019
Best wishes to you.
Humbly standing on the existing protocol, I wish to seek solution for my 1998 Acura Legend V6.

Please, my Honda Acura Legend Car is recently giving me a challenge such that the odometer will come to zero and quench immediately I put the gear.

When the car starts, the odometer will be at the normal level or revolution but immediately I apply the gear, it will go down completely and off the engine. If I manage to move the car, the engine suddenly goes off immediately I apply the brake to reduce the acceleration completely especially on a hold up or a pot hole. Their is no slow movement as such that my legs must be on throttle pedals.

A mechanic suggested for me to change the six plugs with platinum NGK which I did but that could not remedy the situation.

Please, what exactly should I do as I am in need of an exact solution to avoid changing whole lots of parts without solution.
Please, I need your help!
Please, help!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by buckybish: 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
Xtrachidi:
Best wishes to you.
Humbly standing on the existing protocol, I wish to seek solution for my 1998 Acura Legend V6.

Please, my Honda Acura Legend Car is recently giving me a challenge such that the odometer will come to zero and quench immediately I put the gear.

When the car starts, the odometer will be at the normal level or revolution but immediately I apply the gear, it will go down completely and off the engine. If I manage to move the car, the engine suddenly goes off immediately I apply the brake to reduce the acceleration completely especially on a hold up or a pot hole. Their is no slow movement as such that my legs must be on throttle pedals.

A mechanic suggested for me to change the six plugs with platinum NGK which I did but that could not remedy the situation.

Please, what exactly should I do as I am in need of an exact solution to avoid changing whole lots of parts without solution.
Please, I need your help!
Please, help!

Bro that is probably your throttle body, since you have changed the plugs and one more thing to check is if your car misfire, which can also be the coil on plugs... So when you rectify this bro you should be good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by Xtrachidi(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2019
Dear Buckybish, thanks a million times for that direction.

Yes, the car MISFIRES more especially on a hot sunny day after covering some distances. There is no smooth idling apart from the morning when everywhere is cold.
Please, you can add more suggestions based on the above but meanwhile, I am on my way to implement your previous advice.

But wait, is it Mechanic or Electrician that has the arsenal to check and/or change the plug coils. I mean, whom do I consult? A Mechanic or an Electrician.

Thank you once again!
Thanks!
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by gat2so(m): 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
I got same issue in my crv 98 ... But I solved the issue with 20 minutes after watching how to clean idle air control system valve in Honda on YouTube ... If the mechanic adjust your IDle alone without cleaning of valve your vehicle will consume much fuel...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by gat2so(m): 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
700 naira Abro injector cleaner will do the magic.... Tank me later...

1 Like

Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by buckybish: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2019
Xtrachidi:
Dear Buckybish, thanks a million times for that direction.

Yes, the car MISFIRES more especially on a hot sunny day after covering some distances. There is no smooth idling apart from the morning when everywhere is cold.
Please, you can add more suggestions based on the above but meanwhile, I am on my way to implement your previous advice.

But wait, is it Mechanic or Electrician that has the arsenal to check and/or change the plug coils. I mean, whom do I consult? A Mechanic or an Electrician.

Thank you once again!
Thanks!

A mechanic is good to work on it but personally as a technician I am I can work on it if you reside at IB
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by donteddy(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
autologic:

Bad advice

Pls trow more light on why it's a bad idea?
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by Xtrachidi(m): 8:12am On Nov 29, 2019
I am not currently residing at Ibadan but in Imo
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by johnmartus(m): 9:04am On Nov 29, 2019
Such a pathetic liar.
DonFreshmoney:

I ain't serving oga.. dont look at my profile.. it's just a post
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by ogbenimoshey(m): 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
buckybish:

A mechanic is good to work on it but personally as a technician I am I can work on it if you reside at IB

Are you at Ibadan? I need a very good auto tech. Chat me up on 09033910965
Re: My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On by Stockquality: 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Check battery terminal,or idle speed too low,it can be adjusted manually,using a paper and soft gum,however your idle speed might be too high above 1000 rpm. If after all it doesn't work,then find mechanic to clean the valves or i do it yourself at engine risk. If itz manual compressor kazeem installed ,well soon your engine go knock with poor gas coverage and if thermostat is bypassed then watch it explode in motion anytime soon from overheating.

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Mazda Millenia? / I'm Buying A Car For The First Time, Please Advice Me / Please Help A Brother Select: Volvo V40 And Golf 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.