Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos (28031 Views)

VIDEO: Benue Fake Facebook Millionaire Turns 'agbero', Attempts To Hijack Moving / Here You Can Get The Best Service Of Garage Door Repair In Pacoima / 3 Facts About Workplace Productivity You Must Know: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by wonder233: 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2018
lonelydora:
9. If you are a girl and want good and long sex, meet an agbero.

That was how Tamuno came complaining to us that his girlfriend, LeeBari, is flirting with Mike who controls Eleme junction pit. We advised him to up his game. Sadly, he couldn't meet up with his gfs sexual demands because Mike consistently raised the bar for him. He finally lost LeeBari to Mike.
meaningless comment.
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by achiever12: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
Brymo:
Poverty is like punishment for a crime you didn't commit." "In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." "An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics
Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
To me, a faith in Jesus Christ that is not aligned with the poor...it's nothing

Poverty may be self inflicted. So, your definition is not correct
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by nkemdi89(f): 1:17pm On Mar 06, 2018
ADRIAN88:

"Most of...", Begs the question, Where the hell were your primary & secondary schools located biko??
Lol at okokomaiko .
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Myketuale(m): 1:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

If you don’t know what an Agbero is, just take a bus to Oshodi or Mushin bus stop. Then look out for one black guy with red eyes with stitches on his face and a neatly wrapped smoking white paper in between his two fingers.. Ask him who an Agbero is, but don’t tell him I sent you.

In as much as you may not like to see them, you surely  have to respect yourself around them. They torment the bus drivers, Okada riders and traders to the extent that they even torment themselves.

Out of curiosity, I made some enquiries about area boys and some of the findings are highlighted below.

1. Some earn more than bank workers:

Some executive Agberos earn as much as  some bank executives. Also, some of the lower level agberos earn more than some contract staff of banks. However, they don’t have much to show for it as they typically spend most of  their earnings  on “Orisirisi” meat, women and other mundane interest. At Bukas and restaurants, a typical order by them  is “Madam, give me N50 Amala and N2,500 meat”.

2. The police is their friend:

If you think the police is your friend, then try report an Agbero to them. The matter may just turn on your head. You know why? Some of the "men in black" are on the payroll of Agberos. They even have specific days and time they go to their parks to collect their usual “Roger”.

3. They run shifts and have off-days:

Surprisingly,  these guys maintain a time-table like factory workers, and they stick to it. They don’t go to work on their off-days.

4. They live far from their place of work:

You would think every Agbero’s house is just a stone throw from the park or bus stops that they operate from. But on the contrary, many of them commute a long way to work. I encountered one who leaves around Ikotun but works in Surulere. The funny thing is, they get to work early. Sometimes as early as 5 AM.

5. They always have injury marks and stitches:

That’s their trademark and they boast about it. It reminds them of their escapades of how many bottles they have bursted.

6. Most of them were Mechanics:

Most of them were mechanics before they changed occupation. I remember a mechanic in my area while growing up. He was lazy and could not cope with the job. He quickly converted to an okada rider and later metamorphosed into a full blown area boy.

7. They have informants:

They are always the first to know anything happening in the area. Your neighbor might even be their snitch. You can’t even sneak a truck of sand into your house without them showing up.

8. Most of them die trying to get rich:

They keep trying but it is obviously more blessed to give than to receive. They are limited to just collect without adding value. To make matters worse, bulk of that money is cursed money and it vaporises into thin air like a candle in the wind. However, a few eventually get rich and even get traditional titles or political appointments.

Let’s hear from you in the comment section and don’t forget to mention what you like or dislike about area boys.

image from thesheet.ng

https://autojosh.com/8-facts-agbero-area-boys-lagos/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Awon omo science students..
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by drezzyx(m): 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2018
I knew some of these guys when I was young eniba, wandondon and osanle this guys will just put their hands in my pocket take whatever they like and threatened to beat d devil out of me if I complained ...
I just wonder what their life will look like now..
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by kyutepanda(f): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2018
one good thing about them is if they naturally like you they would do that to the core
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by ADRIAN88(m): 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2018
nkemdi89:

Lol at okokomaiko .

So because u're in owerri, u come use long-distance finish all my okoko people abi. We are coming for u. Lol
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by onyidon22(m): 2:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by nkemdi89(f): 4:25pm On Mar 06, 2018
ADRIAN88:

So because u're in owerri, u come use long-distance finish all my okoko people abi. We are coming for u. Lol
Haba we I be confirm Lagos brought up, forget Owerri level wey I dey now o.
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
They always have one or two kombi buses or OK Ada that works for them
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by yemi15(m): 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
lonelydora:
9. If you are a girl and want good and long sex, meet an agbero.

That was how Tamuno came complaining to us that his girlfriend, LeeBari, is flirting with Mike who controls Eleme junction pit. We advised him to up his game. Sadly, he couldn't meet up with his gfs sexual demands because Mike consistently raised the bar for him. He finally lost LeeBari to Mike.

The olopa eyin addicts lol grin
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by yemi15(m): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2018
IVORY2009:

Ki ni? Owo da jor....
50 FIBA owo ni....
Ma sheleshe ooo cheesy
Owo mi da, kilo n she e lol grin
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by yemi15(m): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
dadebayo1:

You are correct.. I remember when i lost my wallet around a park in ibadan, i was advised to see the park chairman and explain to him what happened.. I eventually had an opportunity to see the chairman two days after (sincerly speaking they have an organized structure and protocols are truly observed grin ) the chairman was very nice and i can remember him offering me refreshment while i told him what had happened to me.. grin ( I had no appetite for drinks so i politely thanked him but he insisted i should take it home) grin he collected my phone number and promised he would call me but i should call him the following day to remind him... True to his words i got my wallet back some days after with all cash gone but my ATM and id card was intact and returned. .. He said they eventually found it on the floor grin

Agbero even get structure, wahala dey o, bikonu lol grin
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by yemi15(m): 6:23pm On Mar 06, 2018
aaronson:
They like whistling to call somebody or like saying "ace'.

They just so good at abusing people's parents e.g Omo iyalaya anybody, Ma foju baba eh etc but when they friendly with you, you hear, Omo iya mi.

They make the Yoruba language enjoyable to listen to. I so love Yoruba language.

It is actually not ace more like 'ehs wobi'
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by Emilokoiyawon: 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2018
agadez007:
And they dont speak Any English,Always Shouting "Ah Emi,Ha Emi"

How many white people speak your native language?
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by ADRIAN88(m): 11:51pm On Mar 06, 2018
nkemdi89:

Haba we I be confirm Lagos brought up, forget Owerri level wey I dey now o.

Ok oo omo eko.
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by dadebayo1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
yemi15:

Agbero even get structure, wahala dey o, bikonu lol grin

Lollll yes o....

1 Like

Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by JoNach: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2018
[quote author=ihimiray post=65603227][/quote]

sorry, I don't live in that shithole nation !!, so u can help me go to fadeyi
Re: 8 Facts About Agbero (Garage Boys) In Lagos by ihimiray(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
JoNach:

sorry, I don't live in that shithole nation !!, so u can help me go to fadeyi
when u address my nation well u can come back and mention me... Idiot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Want Fantastic Achievements This Year? Stop Doing These Things / Young Lady Celebrates Her Barrister Father After Being Called To Bar. Photos / See An Unimaginable Way A School Teacher Gets Additional Income.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.