Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,916 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer (2573 Views)

Stella Dimokokorkus Blasts Linda Ikeji, Says She's Lying To Nigerians / Lilian Afegbai Stuns In Sexy Photos: "I Love My Body & Small Boobs, No Surgery" / PHOTOS: I Have A Man Finally – Uriel Oputa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by markode777: 7:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
KINGSLEY IWU

Highly influential and affluent Kenyan musicians, Akothee a.k.a Madam Boss, has surprisingly stated that she was lying to herself by applying make-up.

“I realised I was lying to myself and to the people. Why should I admire someone else on the mirror for almost 1 hour making faces thinking it's beauty?” stated Akothee.

The singer who is known for her outspokenness further explained that she has been living like her beauty depends on make up.

“When I went shopping for clothes I had to cover my face before I tried one on!” Akothee said.

She also hailed her manager Nelly for complementing her looks hence encouraging her to go for a more natural look.

“When I met @nellyoaks he told me that am naturally beautiful and even more with short hair! So I dropped hair, trusted myself and took @nellyoaks compliments. Thanks love am at peace” she stated.

See all she wrote below;

Would you like to know why I dropped make up ! Because I realised I was lying to myself and to the people ��� why should I admire someone else on the mirror for almost 1 hour making faces thinking it's beauty ? Oyaaa see real beauty ohhh !so tell me what is missing on that face, that should be make uped , my towels and bedsheets were in trouble ! And the way I love white things ! I needed 2_3 towels on stage !the first sweat the towel already looked like mad it got me embarrassed and uncomfortable ! When I went shopping for clothes I had to cover my face before I tried a cloth ! So all this mess and stress ! If someone asked me for a photo I would not do it if I dint have make up on ! So what the he'll was I doing with myself with all the stress ? I just woke up and dumped everything from lipstick to eyebrows ����#calpolis above all when I met @nellyoaks he told me that am naturally beautyful and even more with short hair ! So I dropped hair trusted myself and took @nellyoaks compliments��� thanks love am at peace! Those who miss make up on my face paint your own !don't you have your own face ? Or buy a doll name #madamboss & make her up like you want ��� freedom is a choice , but I will die for my nails hiyo usiguze! ����ni ya kushika glass ya wine it has to be on point ��

SOURCE: http://www.kingsleyiwu.com.ng/2018/03/i-dropped-make-up-because-i-realised-i.html

Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by Uyiii: 7:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
men are really the true beauties, no make up, nothing nothing but we still dey represent wella.
abeg a round of applause to us allwink

anyways, there's nothing like being natural and I think she looks good in it, remaining her finger nails looking like tilapia fish, she should do justice to that also.
then after, she should gracefully stfu make she allow person hear word.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2018
Extremely black ladies are not appealing to the eyes on make ups..

so she is trying to use the facts that black ladies are ugly on makeups as an escape route..
but we all know that extremely black ladies are not beautiful on makeups..
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by Mariangeles(f): 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2018
There is nothing wrong with minimal makeup, Face powder, lip gloss, mascara...but it becomes a problem when you're addicted to it (yes, one can be addicted to makeup)
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by donstan18: 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2018
Biko shurup! cheesy

You dropped makeup because you realized your were lying to yourself, yet your nails are artificially fixed, are your nails not lying to yourself aswell cheesy who is deceiving who?

Just tell us you dropped makeup because it wasn't contributing and helping in the change of your facial look cheesy you think we don't know....
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by Liliyann(f): 6:40am On Mar 07, 2018
Make up doesn't make one beautiful, it only enhances one's beauty.
It makes you more attractive and appealing to the eye. If she like make she no use makeup,its none of my business.
As for me,am #TeamMakeup#
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by markode777: 10:52am On Mar 07, 2018
Liliyann:
It makes you more attractive and appealing to the eye. If she like make she no use makeup,its none of my business.

You girls that make up are just feeling less of yourself.

you prefer to appear fake and loved. A guy will appear without make up and you still get interested in him. what makes you think guy can't love you without makeup? Because you think less of yourself and prefer to deceive yourself with a mask.

Be proud of Akothee. She is stronger
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by enemmo(f): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
Alicia Keys wannabe
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by Rebelutionary: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
Liliyann:
You ladies and this your stale line of "enhancing"....lol...so when we see all those miraculous transformations that ladies undergo, I guess makeup was "enhancing" it too abi?...very funny!
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by Nutase: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nice to hear that.
Re: Photos: "I Dropped Make-up! Because I Realised I Was Lying To Myself" - Singer by czarina(f): 11:14pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good one there

Check my signature if you live in Jos and environs

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Juliet Ibrahim Flaunts Bikini Body / Gay Baboon raped 5 Men In South Africa. / I Hardly Have Sex, Moyo Lawal Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.