Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today (1137 Views)

How Humans Evolved After The Asteroid Hit . / Asteroid Hits The Moon , Possible Cause Of Random Weather Change / The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by RoyalBlak007: 8:03am On Mar 07, 2018
A monster asteroid the size of the Empire State Building is set to fly past Earth tomorrow at a dizzying speed of 14,092 miles per hour.
The asteroid, dubbed 2017 VR12, is expected to pass within 900,000 miles of Earth around 7:53am (EST) on Wednesday.
With a diameter between 700ft and 1,500ft, VR12 could be bigger than New York City 's Empire State Building, which is 1,450ft tall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5470037/Hazardous-monster-asteroid-fly-past-earth-Wednesday-night.html
lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by RoyalBlak007: 8:04am On Mar 07, 2018
VR12's close encounter to Earth has earned it the designation of a 'potentially hazardous asteroid' by NASA.
The space agency describes asteroids as 'hazardous' if they come within 4,600,000 miles of our planet.
Late Wednesday evening, VR12 will fly past earth at a distance of 897,000 miles.
That's three times distance between our planet and the moon.

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by RoyalBlak007: 8:05am On Mar 07, 2018
However, NASA cautioned that there's no possibility that 2017 VR12 will collide with Earth.
In fact, the agency believes the asteroid could be a perfect target for future aerospace studies.

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by RoyalBlak007: 8:05am On Mar 07, 2018
The VR12 asteroid has a diameter that's between 700ft and 1,500ft. That makes VR12 bigger than New York City's Empire State Building (pictured), which is 1,450ft tall.

1 Like

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by Evablizin(f): 8:12am On Mar 07, 2018
shocked

Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 07, 2018
Make e sha no hit nairaland... na him be my own!

ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos ..

4 Likes

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by Rursh(m): 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
grayht:
Make e sha no hit nairaland... na him be my own!
Wow! Funny you! I so much love your sense of humor.

Keep it up bro!

1 Like

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
cheesy
Rursh:
Wow! Funny you! I so much love your sense of humor.

Keep it up bro!
Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by Khd95(m): 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
which part of erath is it ging to pass grin grin grin
Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by georjay(m): 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nigerians wishing that the asteroids hit aso rock.....
Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by EmmySparky(m): 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2018
georjay:
Nigerians wishing that the asteroids hit aso rock.....

i swear

1 Like

Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by czarina(f): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
Would be a sight to behold.

..check my signature if you live in Jos and environs
Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by oPPOSEE: 12:30am On Mar 08, 2018
ASO ROCK WON'T BE BAD
Re: Asteroid The Size Of The Empire State Building Will Skim Past Earth Today by OneCorner: 3:25am On Mar 08, 2018
just saw it now... the color is red and white.

the thing was just waving at us cool

(1) (Reply)

Ond Vs Other Diploma / Studying Abroad Made Easy With UFITFLY / Any Federal University I Can Do My Master Degree Within One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.