Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Where Is The Place Of Shorthand In This Present Day? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Is The Place Of Shorthand In This Present Day? (333 Views)

SHORTHAND: Did You Learn This In School? / Irrelevance Of Shorthand And Typewriting As A Course Of Study In Tertiary Inst / Do You Think There Is A Future For Pitman's Shorthand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Place Of Shorthand In This Present Day? by Ezi39: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2018
Suffice it to say to say that Shorthand is no longer needed in our curriculum now. Even though I had thought about it, I cannot justify its inclusion in Junior Secondary School curriculum. This is a subject that was discovered by Isaac Pitman, when the world did not have a prescience of this present day advanced technology.

Just like Malthusian theory that once posited that the world would run out of food, Isaac Pitman did not have the prescience of this present day technology. His view was that the only way to cover event faster by journalist was to use those signs. Now suffice it to say that the latest technology generation is the world's knell of that subject called Shorthand.

Also I stand to be corrected. Those of us that perused a career in Business Studies can attest to the fact that we are not still able to write in Shorthand. We all made a brief foray into the world of Shorthand.

It is on these reasons that I am callling on fellow Nigerians to help get this post syndicated until it gets the attention. There is no gain leaving a subject that cannot be justified in our curriculum. Little wonder a researcher once said that Nigerian education has expired.

(1) (Reply)

2017 Jamb Change Of Institution / Genuine Admission Into Cheap College/university In Philippines Asia / Please Any One With 2018 Direct Entry Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.