Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan (2410 Views)

What Can You Say About Life In Azerbaijan / Any Nairalander In Azerbaijan? / azerbaijan tourist visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by DadaStephen1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Hello guys,
A travel agent invited me to apply for a 2 years working visa in Azerbaijan and the way the offer appears, they pay $12 per hour to work for 8 hours only.
He assured me that there's a lot of job opportunities currently in the country.
Please I need people who can tell me if this is real before I spend any dime.
Thanks
Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by shams040(m): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
Gurus come in pls
Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by molusesi83(m): 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2018
How true is the package .....please let us know
Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by Mille: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2018
DadaStephen1:
Hello guys,
A travel agent invited me to apply for a 2 years working visa in Azerbaijan and the way the offer appears, they pay $12 per hour to work for 8 hours only.
He assured me that there's a lot of job opportunities currently in the country.
Please I need people who can tell me if this is real before I spend any dime.
Thanks

People are coming to call me a hater. But I'll tell you the truth. If you listen to the agent, you're going to get stranded.

Azerbaijan doesn't pay per hour. Just like some countries in Europe, they pay per month. The minimum wage is 130 AZN or 76 USD or 62 Euro PER MONTH, While the average wage for skilled work is 450 AZN or 213 Euro or 265 USD PER MONTH. You will have to search for unskilled work as your chances of getting even that skilled job is very slim. Not only do you not speak the language, you have a big hurdle in getting your Nigerian qualifications recognized.

Even bigger countries like Germany, Italy, Turkey, Czech, Hungary, Spain etc don't pay up to 12 USD for most UNSKILLED jobs not to talk of Azerbaijan. If that was true, I would have moved to Azerbaijan myself.

And lastly, please do not go there and search for a job. If he said there are multiple available positions, let him get one for you before you leave the country.

http://www.turan.az/ext/news/2017/12/free/economics%20news/en/67841.htm

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by DadaStephen1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 07, 2018
Mille:

People are coming to call me a hater. But I'll tell you the truth. If you listen to the agent, you're going to get stranded.

Azerbaijan doesn't pay per hour. Just like some countries in Europe, they pay per month. The minimum wage is 130 AZN or 76 USD or 62 Euro PER MONTH, While the average wage for skilled work is 450 AZN or 213 Euro or 265 USD PER MONTH. You will have to search for unskilled work as your chances of getting even that skilled job is very slim. Not only do you not speak the language, you have a big hurdle in getting your Nigerian qualifications recognized.

Even bigger countries like Germany, Italy, Turkey, Czech, Hungary, Spain etc don't pay up to 12 USD for most UNSKILLED jobs not to talk of Azerbaijan. If that was true, I would have moved to Azerbaijan myself.

And lastly, please do not go there and search for a job. If he said there are multiple available positions, let him get one for you before you leave the country.

http://www.turan.az/ext/news/2017/12/free/economics%20news/en/67841.htm

Goodluck.

Thanks brother!
But what he is saying is that they will be the ones to search for the job.

He asked me to pay N750,000 in total but pay N150,000 first and the balance after the visa is out.

My friends in Germany and Estonia are saying same thing with you.
Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by DadaStephen1(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
molusesi83:
How true is the package .....please let us know

If I could answer this question, I won't be posting this.
Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by kazhk: 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2018
And who told you that these overhyped countries in Europe is bigger than countries in Central Asia
Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by DadaStephen1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
kazhk:
And who told you that these overhyped countries in Europe is bigger than countries in Central Asia

??
Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by Mille: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
DadaStephen1:

Thanks brother!
But what he is saying is that they will be the ones to search for the job.

He asked me to pay N750,000 in total but pay N150,000 first and the balance after the visa is out.

My friends in Germany and Estonia are saying same thing with you.

My brother, If I would advice you. Don't take it. Agent doesn't care about you, he is only bothered about making his money off you and leave you to your struggles.

Besides if you really want to go there, I don't understand why you have to use an agent as I have never used one myself. Go to the embassy and apply yourself. It will save you more than 90% of what he is telling you to pay.

It's your choice anyway. You can choose to follow his words but please verify any employment contract he may bring up to you (If you see anything like 'per hour', know it's a scam) and do not accept a tourist/business visa. Azerbaijan no longer allow conversion of other visas to work visa.

Bon chance.

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunity In Azerbaijan by DadaStephen1(m): 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Thanks a lot @Mille
Much appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things About One Of Nigeria’s Most Successful Private Airlines - "Okada Air" / Dv 2012 Applicants Interview / Indian Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.