Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied (2282 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2021
Good morning Nigerians..

Has anyone been denied visa to take permanent resident in the USA before. If so I'd like to know for what reasons..

I just want to know if there's any chances of sons of a USA citizen to be denied Visa to join their mother permanently in the USA..

I'd also like to know what the interview process entails.

Thanks.
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by good4all40: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2021
Yes of course if the evidences provided are not convincing enough.

But the good thing about immigrant visa, there will specifically state the reason for refusal. You have the right to appeal or reapply.

So please gather enough proof.
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Ashirioluwa: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Good morning Nigerians..

Has anyone been denied visa to take permanent resident in the USA before. If so I'd like to know for what reasons..

I just want to know if there's any chances of sons of a USA citizen to be denied Visa to join their mother permanently in the USA..

Thanks.

The only condition where this type of application will be denied is when USCIS doubts the relationship between mother and the child.

But this is what the US citizens need to do in case the application is denied.

Right a letter to USCIS that you want to do DNA to prove that you are the biological mother of the child.

She can do this by herself. She doesn’t need a lawyer. Talking from personal experience
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
good4all40:
Yes of course if the evidences provided are not convincing enough.

But the good thing about immigrant visa, there will specifically state the reason for refusal. You have the right to appeal or reapply.

So please gather enough proof.

Thanks.. please can you be specific about some of the proof you are talking about
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

The only condition where this type of application will be denied is when USCIS doubts the relationship between mother and the child.

But this is what the US citizens need to do in case the application is denied.

Right a letter to USCIS that you want to do DNA to prove that you are the biological mother of the child.

She can do this by herself. She doesn’t need a lawyer. Talking from personal experience

Thanks. But USCIS has approved and already transferred the case to NVC
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Ashirioluwa: 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Nothing to worry about other than the interview at US embassy. 65% of those who went for the interview at US embassy Lagos in the past were asked to do DNA.
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by zeal22(m): 3:04am On Apr 11, 2021
Chloraseptic:

All u need is enough info about what your mother does. Pictures etc. Actually the major thing is your mother's income. Must be above 125% of federal poverty level.

This can be a reason for rejection and you will be asked to get affidavit of support as back up.

But if all is don properly you have nothing to worry about. The interview does not even last up to 1 minute.
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2021
zeal22:

All u need is enough info about what your mother does. Pictures etc. Actually the major thing is your mother's income. Must be above 125% of federal poverty level.

This can be a reason for rejection and you will be asked to get affidavit of support as back up.

But if all is don properly you have nothing to worry about. The interview does not even last up to 1 minute.

Will they also be asking for my bank statement here in Nigeria or any other proof of residency in Nigeria like NIN?

Thanks for your help so far
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 7:55am On Apr 11, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Nothing to worry about other than the interview at US embassy. 65% of those who went for the interview at US embassy Lagos in the past were asked to do DNA.

USCIS asked for DNA but we couldn't do it because of covid-19 lockdown in Lagos then yet they approved it.

But I have nothing to worry about if they ask again. The supposed mother petitioning for me is my actual mother
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by zeal22(m): 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Will they also be asking for my bank statement here in Nigeria or any other proof of residency in Nigeria like NIN?

Thanks for your help so far

nope

1 Like

Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
zeal22:

nope

You have been of immense help to me. Have you gone through the process before? Because you proffer solution like someone with firsthand experience..

Lastly I'd like to PM you in case of any further questions. That's if you don't mind
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by zeal22(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

You have been of immense help to me. Have you gone through the process before? Because you proffer solution like someone with firsthand experience..

Lastly I'd like to PM you in case of any further questions. That's if you don't mind

Yes I did
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by zeal22(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

sure u can PM me
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2021
zeal22:

Yes I did

Oh, now I see why you are so informed.

I've sent a PM though

1 Like

Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by IrepChrist: 6:09am On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by ceej(m): 9:31am On Apr 14, 2021
Good morning all..Please have anyone received visa interview appointment letter for Immigrant visa lately.I have submitted all necessary stuff since january and all is accepted.This is about the 3rd month of doing so and still waiting....
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2021
ceej:
Good morning all..Please have anyone received visa interview appointment letter for Immigrant visa lately.I have submitted all necessary stuff since january and all is accepted.This is about the 3rd month of doing so and still waiting....

Look for a way to contact them
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Judeude101: 12:30pm On May 11, 2021
My name is Ude Jude. My name on the US visa appointment letter is missing my middle name . I did not include my middle name. Name on DS-160 and passport are correct. Please what do I need to do?
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Timiofak(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:
Good morning Nigerians..

Thanks.

Don't fear. Just take your old family pictures ( I mean for you, your brothers and your mum) maybe when you guys where do birthdays or something, if she had been sending you money or something take evidence too (not compulsory), take your school records showing you are the person bearing that name and surname.

just take those, if they need anything they would tell you

Mine had little issues with old pictures, was asked for it, submitted it with my passport within a week I got my visa

don't fear.

Just know everything about your case

are you IR2 or F2B?
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 4:28pm On May 12, 2021
Timiofak:

Don't fear. Just take your old family pictures ( I mean for you, your brothers and your mum) maybe when you guys where do birthdays or something, if she had been sending you money or something take evidence too (not compulsory), take your school records showing you are the person bearing that name and surname.

just take those, if they need anything they would tell you

Mine had little issues with old pictures, was asked for it, submitted it with my passport within a week I got my visa

don't fear.

Just know everything about your case

are you IR2 or F2B?

I'm F2B. As for the old pictures of us I can't find them anymore. But I have a picture of me and my mom taken at the airport 2020 when she visited us.

As for the money transfer and school records showing my name, that's gonna be a problem.. But I would like to PM you so I can explain why it's a problem to you
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Timiofak(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

I'm F2B. As for the old pictures of us I can't find them anymore. But I have a picture of me and my mom taken at the airport 2020 when she visited us.

As for the money transfer and school records showing my name, that's gonna be a problem.. But I would like to PM you so I can explain why it's a problem to you

Oh F2B would soon start getting scheduled. Have you DQED ?

Just keep whatever pictures you have and documents, take them with you

Present your case.

If they need anything you would be asked, and if you cant get it. You reply by asking for a DNA
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 4:43pm On May 12, 2021
Timiofak:

Oh F2B would soon start getting scheduled. Have you DQED ?

Just keep whatever pictures you have and documents, take them with you

Present your case.

If they need anything you would be asked, and if you cant get it. You reply by asking for a DNA

No, I'm about to start uploading documents.

My sponsor don't have 2020 individual income tax return yet. I don't know why he doesn't. That's what halting the whole thing
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Timiofak(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

My sponsor don't have 2020 individual income tax return yet. I don't know why he doesn't. That's what halting the whole thing

Upload the needed docs, if you DQ soon you would be great
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 5:06pm On May 12, 2021
Will I be DQ if I didn't upload 2020 tax papers
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 7:22pm On May 12, 2021
Timiofak:

Upload the needed docs, if you DQ soon you would be great

Will I be DQ if I didn't upload 2020 tax papers

By the way I was filed for by my mum who was a lawful permanent resident when she filed but later became a citizen about 1or 2 years later.

Visa class I'm seeing on my case is F24. I've not seen anyone here in the same visa category..

I thought I was supposed to fall under f2b or is it the same as f24
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Taal17: 9:01pm On May 12, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Use that of 2019
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 11:32pm On May 12, 2021
Taal17:

Use that of 2019

Will I get documentarily qualified if I use that of 2019
Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Taal17: 5:50pm On May 13, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Will I get documentarily qualified if I use that of 2019

that is what you have that's available right now so use it

if at the time of the interview they ask for 2020 or it is ready then you simply submit that

Many people who DQd last year submitted 2018, by the time of the interview scheduling they were asked to submit the recent one that's all

1 Like

Re: Can Immigrant Visa Application Be Denied by Chloraseptic: 6:16pm On May 13, 2021
Taal17:

that is what you have that's available right now so use it

if at the time of the interview they ask for 2020 or it is ready then you simply submit that

Many people who DQd last year submitted 2018, by the time of the interview scheduling they were asked to submit the recent one that's all

Thanks.. I appreciate.

Were you once an intending immigrant

(1) (Reply)

Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? / Application For Msc And Scholarship In USA / One-way Ticket To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.