Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Woes Of The Dark Night - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Woes Of The Dark Night (17576 Views)

Dark Night 1(short Story) / Woes Of The Dark Night Season 2 / Dark Night (episodes) by Oladipo Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 10:10am On May 10, 2018
Staline: Haha! Temple priest, but the king just went on one like two years ago, and we all know that there used to be like five to six years gap. So, why now?
Priest: Are you questioning the gods’ decision?
Tedder: Okay, fine, nobody has the power to the question their decisions. But the King is currently not the one in command, which means the Regent should go.
Priest: The King goes on Temple Expedition, not the Regent. Don’t bring bad luck to Lailand with your insinuations.
Shed: That’s true. We have a king. A Regent can’t go on Temple Expedition when we still have the King.
Ornal: Unless, of course, we want to make the Regent the King.
Staline: (angrily) What sort of rubbish is that? Our king doesn’t change. We have a king, and we have a Regent. Both are different.
Dalsmy: Enough of this. As the King, I will go on the Temple Expedition.
All: Aye, Our king.
Dalsmy: The Chief Guard is going to head the guards that will be with me, right?
Memex: About that, father, it is the Chief Guard’s work to guard the palace. He definitely can’t follow you on the expedition.
Dalsmy: (sad) It’s okay. Then, Tikahay will surely head them (two guards bring in a palace maid).
Memex: What’s wrong?
Guard: We find this maid roughened on the floor, claiming someone did this to her.
Memex: (to the palace maid) What happened?
Maid: (sobbing) I was on the way to serve the queen her tea, when the Prince crossed me. He sexually harassed me, Your Highness! (everyone is shocked).
Memex: Which of my brothers did this to you?
Maid: (still sobbing) Prince Tikahay, my Lord (murmurs start).
Memex: Prince Tikahay did this to you?
Maid: Yes, Your Highness.
Memex: (to Nipen) Chief Guard, go and detain Prince Tikahay, and throw him inside the prison (murmurs continue).
Nipen: Yes, my Lord.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:52pm On May 10, 2018
Dalsmy: (confused) How can you just believe the maid and have the Prince thrown into the prison?
Memex: Father, we all know the kind of lifestyle Tikahay is living. I am sure he really did this. It’s not his first time.
Dalsmy: But I still… (interrupted by Ornal).
Ornal: Your Highness, I think the Regent has the authority to call the shots. Unless, of course, you want to retrieve the authority.
Dalsmy: No, it’s okay.
Memex: Don’t worry, Father, a very skillful master will be leading the guards on your expedition. (He makes eye contact with Ornal).
(Same day)
(Tikahay’s personal guard is seen meeting with Domun. The conversation is inaudible)
(In another place, Memex’s personal guard is meeting up with Ornal).
(The scene gets to Nipen’s and Habbath’s house).
Habbath: I need to know the prophecy immediately the Sage gets it.
Nipen: Don’t worry about that.
Habbath: What is the Temple Expedition all about?
Nipen: It’s just a tradition where the King goes to Balide forest to hunt for many things, like casts, irons, scriptures, jewelries, statues, etc. The balide forest is home to all these things. So, the ones the King is able to get, are kept in the temple.
Habbath: Oh, I understand now.
(The Temple Expedition day)
(The King is on the horse. Beside him is Vite leading the guards on the expedition. They are almost in the forest)
Dalsmy: I am not that fit. Do you think I will be able to get as many valuables as possible this time?
Vite: My king, you are great. No matter your health condition, you will even get more than last time.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 5:14pm On May 10, 2018
Dalsmy: Were you part of the last expedition?
Vite: Yes, Your Highness. I was one of the regular guards then.
Dalsmy: Oh, really. You must have gotten a very rapid promotion for you to be in level A or B within two years.
Vite: (smiles) Actually, Your Highness, I am in level D, but the Regent discovered I have potentials. He said even though I am in level D, I can do better than those in level A.
Dalsmy: (shocked) A level D guard is leading the guards following me on expedition?
Vite: You have nothing to worry about, my King. I am very well up to the task. I can protect … (an arrow is being shot at him from afar, and he dies instantly. The King’s expedition is being ambushed).

(Same Day)
(AgePie and The Sage in the room)
The Sage: (pouring the water from a pot inside a circle made of white ashes on the floor) Ahai Ahei Tha Sali Hap KaS Libi Kafa. Jai Aai Dei Li Wiyo Kuli Ejba Ues Rae. Ata Ata Lai Pah Eei Unbi Ejba Ues Rae. Kala Kala Thai Sali Hap Kas Libi Kaifa. (Suddenly, wind starts to blow in the room, as the ashes and water changes into a substance).
AgePie: (picking up the substance) Green leaf?
The Sage: Green leaf, what can we make of this? We must be able to decipher it.
AgePie: The leaf is totally green, but it’s root is dead.
The Sage: (realizing the whole thing) The root is truly dead. It means the root of Lailand is going to die. The leaf stands for Lailand.
AgePie: (confused) What does that mean?
The Sage: The root of Lailand is the king. It means the king is going to die (nervous).
AgePie: (shocked) Our King is going to die?
The Sage: The Split Eye already made the prophecy once. That is definitely the recent prophecy.
AgePie: The King is on Temple Expedition right now.
The Sage: We have to do something or we loose our King.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:48pm On May 10, 2018
(Nipen was overhearing their conversation from outside. Shocked, he runs home to meet Habbath)
Nipen: (shaking) The King is going to die. That’s the prophecy.
Habbath: (shocked) The King? The Split Eye once said he would be sliced with sword by his own blood.
Nipen: Yeah, that means the whole expedition thing is a trap.
Habbath: You have to go and rescue him.
Nipen: (very nervous) What if he has already been sliced before I get there?
Habbath: (thinks for some seconds and exclaims) I once read about a herb that can cure any fresh sword wound if applied.
Nipen: Do you have it?
Habbath: No, but I can get it from … (quickly checks one of his books)… Balide forest (looks at Nipen).
Nipen: (shocked) Balide forest? That is exactly where the King is.
Habbath: I have to get the Leyes Herb, if we want to save His Majesty.
Nipen: It’s okay, I am going there too, but we have to take different routes. You have to go there discreetly. Nobody must know you are there. I have to get some guards from the palace so we can go together.
Habbath: I understand.
Nipen: And Habbath, please be careful. You aren’t that good in fighting. Try and make sure nobody sees you, especially the King. If you are seen, you may be mistaken as an assassin. And I know that the forest will be full of assassins by now.
Habbath: Don’t worry about me, brother. Take care of yourself.
Nipen: Okay, brother.
(Back in Balide Forest)
(Group of assassins attack the King’s fleet. The assassins are covering their faces with black clothes. They easily kill the King’s guards, as they are more skillful. Dalsmy picks up his swords and flies over his horse slicing many of the assassins. One could notice he is pretty skillful himself. He is able to deal with the assassins for some time. But he eventually got tired of the numerous assassins. He runs away into the thick forest trying so hard to hide from the assassins. Being skillful, he is able to hide well, and kills the assassins one after the other.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 10:47pm On May 10, 2018
This goes on until he and a man in mask accidentally collides. Dalsmy begins to attack the masked man. So they begin fighting. This fight is not so easy for Dalsmy and he realizes “this must be their leader”. They are both pretty skillful, so the fight is tough. Dalsmy realizes that with the man skills, the man can easily defeat him but the man is actually defending and not attacking. But he also figures out that it may be his tactics.
Soon enough, the man wants to run away, but Dalsmy wants to catch the assassins’ leader and doesn’t want him to escape. So, he runs towards him. The masked man, realizing this, attacks for the first time, punching Dalsmy on his hand and Dalsmy drops his sword. The man picks up the sword and tries to run away again. Dalsmy, seeing this, removes a knife he is hiding and run towards him. As he is about to stab the man, the man bends and dodges him, and slices him with the sword without looking back. Dalsmy goes down instantly. The man runs away.
Not long after, The Sage appears, and sees Dalsmy on the floor groaning in pain).
The Sage: (holding him) My King, you can’t die. Try and be strong. I am going to treat you.
Dalsmy: (feeling dizzy) I can feel it. I can feel my end. The Split Eye once predicted my death. This is it.
The Sage: My king, you must not leave yet. Lailand needs you. We will be too vulnerable, should you die. Please be strong, you must not die.
Dalsmy: He wasn’t trying to kill me. He tried to run away.
The Sage: (sobbing) What are you saying?
Dalsmy: (faintly) The Split Eye said I will be sliced by own blood. Definitely the person that sliced me must be my own blood. I know you will investigate and get the person. So I am telling you now, this was my fault. He wasn’t trying to kill me, I asked for it. He was trying to escape but I didn’t want him to. He was forced to slice me.
The Sage: (still sobbing) Are you still defending someone that sliced you?
Dalsmy: The person is still my blood, and it wasn’t intentional. (Nipen and his men gets to the scene. He quickly rushes to the King).
Nipen: (shocked) My King, what happened?
Dalsmy: We were ambushed. I tried, but it wasn’t easy.
Nipen: Let’s take you home, My King, we have to treat you. You can’t die.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:32am On May 11, 2018
Dalsmy: Chief Guard, this is it. It is time for me. I have to go and meet my ancestors. (Habbath suddenly runs up to them).
Habbath: Rub his wound with this (handing over a leaf to The Sage)
The Sage: (confused) And this is?
Habbath: Leyes herb. It can cure any fresh sword wound instantly.
The Sage: Okay! (he collects the leaf, and begins to use it to rub the King’s wound. The king faints. The sage is scared) It’s better your herbs works (He beings to notice that the sword wound is healing. He touches the King’s vital points and exclaims happily) The King is okay. (Nipen and Habbath give relief sighs. Their minds are just at rest, that the King is not dying).
Nipen: Thank gods. Habbath, you did it. You helped in averting another prophecy.
The Sage: (surprised) So, you overheard AgePie and I. (Nipen and Habbath look at each other in a timid way). But how did you know about this leaf? (to Habbath).
Habbath: Sage, I have read books. Actually, I got this from a book I stole somewhere I can’t tell you about. I will surely go to prison if I do.
The Sage: You definitely need to work with me. I need your help in averting Lailand’s woes.
Habbath: No, I can’t. It’s too dangerous. I read forbidden books and engage in life endangering experiments. (He runs away. The King wakes up feeling dizzy. He could catch a glimpse of Habbath running away).
Dalsmy: (faintly) Who’s that?
Nipen: It’s my brother, Habbath.
The Sage: My King, you are awake. Thank the gods of the Land. We need to head back to the land. (The guards carry the King. The assassins are still pretty much in the woods. But they are of no match to the Sage, using his powers to blow them away, and Nipen, using his skills to kill them easily. However, all the assassins dies and there is no clue as to who sent them).

(The whole court members are present in the court, so are the King, Queen and their children)
Memex: (angrily) Tikahay, it was definitely you. You actually sliced father.
Tikahay: (scared) It wasn’t me.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 7:54am On May 11, 2018
Memex: Really? Why did you break out of the prison, exactly on the Temple Expedition day?
Tikahay: I headed to Balide forest… (murmurs start in the court)… to protect father (the murmurs increase).
Memex: To protect father? Did father ask for your protection? You were obviously angry at him for choosing me as Regent. But you shouldn’t have tried to kill him for that. (to the guard) Bring him (The guards bring in Domun).
Neenah: Who’s this?
Memex: Mother, that’s the head of the assassins. He was caught by my men. (to Domun) Tell the court the person that sent you to assassinate the king.
Domun: (he had been severely tortured, judging from the injuries on his body) Prince Tikahay sent me.
O O O O O
(flashback)
(Tikahay’s personal guard is seen meeting with Domun)
Domun: (reading the letter) So, the prince wants the King dead?
Suple: How much?
Domun: 50 shells of Lailand gold.
Suple: Done (he counts out the gold from the bag he is holding and hands it over to him) That’s 30 shells. Once the work is done, you will have the remaining.
Domun: (counting) Fine, consider it done.
O O O O O
(back)
(everyone in the court is shocked)
Tikahay: That’s true. But it was only because I was trying to play along to the plot to kill the king.
Dalsmy: And who is plotting to…?
Memex: (quickly interrupts) Do you think anyone will believe your cheap lies?
Dalsmy: I have an announcement to make. (the murmurs stop) I am fit now and I am ready to take over as the King (everybody is surprised. Dalsmy goes up to his throne).
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:35am On May 11, 2018
Tedder: My King, we have to investigate this properly. The prince can’t possibly know about these allegations.
Saqul: What are we still investigating? We all can see the truth. Why would he pay an assassin to kill the King?
Vale: Exactly, the truth is so obvious. He could have easily told the King about the plot, instead of playing along. That’s an obvious lie.
Ornal: (to the King) My king. I am not taking sides. I just have one thing to say. This will be your first judgment, since taking over as the King. So, it will be better that you pass the best judgment, leaving sentiments alone.
Saqul: We all know that attempting to murder the King is treason and is only punishable by death.
Dalsmy: This is my judgment (there is total silence in the court). Prince Tikahay is hereby put on an exile. He is stripped off of his titles and should leave the land immediately.
Neenah: (crying) Oh, my son. (The guards move close to Tikahay, and start to remove the royal beads from him).
(Dalsmy and Callow meeting privately)
Callow: (shocked) You know the person that sliced you? You know he is the one and you just can’t tell the world?
Dalsmy: Yeah!
Callow: He is a thorn you have to remove totally, not spare.
Dalsmy: We’ve averted the woe. I can’t possibly order the death of my own son.
Callow: (confused) But, but…
Dalsmy: Also, he wasn’t trying to kill me. It was my fault. I forced him, because I wanted to catch him. You just have to continue the assignment I gave you.
Callow: Yeah, I will, my King.
(Nipen and Habbath)
Nipen: (to Habbath) You once again helped us in averting the problem.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 5:18pm On May 11, 2018
Habbath: We all did it, not just I.
Nipen: Even though the King asked me not to investigate the matter, I surely will. I have so many leads already. I will find out about the weapons used by the assassins, their clothes, etc. I will also find out how they got there. I will draw their portraits and find out anything I can find about them. I must find the exact person that sliced the King. I must… (notices Habbath is looking at him strangely). What is the matter with you?
Habbath: (sighs) You don’t need to disturb yourself. I know who sliced the King.
Nipen: (totally shocked) No way! I got to the scene definitely before you. And I don’t think there’s anything in the books that can help you determine such thing.
Habbath: Nipen, I know the person. It was ….
(In Exelung)
Tackryan: (angrily) Zachaeus, how were they able to avert this one too?
Zachaeus: It was my fault, my King. The Sage tapped into the Split Eye’s spirit to get the prophecy. I deserve to die, my King.
Tackryan: (still angry) They do not have the Split Eye, nor the Taviour yet, and they were able to avert their woes sof far. We can’t let this continue.
Zachaeus: I will make sure they do not get to tap into the Split Eye’s spirit ever again, my King. Their next woe will definitely come to pass.
Tackryan: I am going to believe you this time.
Zachaeus: Thank you, my King.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:17pm On May 11, 2018
EPISODE FOUR (POWER LOSS)
(Peekeh steps out as she hears the voice summoning her)
Peekeh: My lady I could hear your voice
Malisteh: (just the voice) Snake witch, it is time.
Peekeh: (bows her head) Yes, my lady.
(AgePie and The Sage)
The Sage: You will have to get me cill leaves.
AgePie: What do you need it for?
The Sage: Why are you asking me? Just do what I sent you to do.
AgePie: Okay, sir!
(In Exelung)
(The court meets)
Azinah: I see The Sage of Lailand looses his powers (the court is filled with murmurs).
Derlond: (chuckles) This is like the third prophecy. Lailand had been able to avert all the previous woes.
Suckan: It’s true. But if The Sage can really loose his powers, Lailand will be powerless.
Zachaeus: I understand your concerns. I won’t make my previous mistakes again. The Sage won’t be able to tap into the Split Eye’s spirit this time.
Tackryan: So, what are our plans, Zachaeus?
Zachaeus: I have a well organized plan for this.
Etyly: Let us know your plan.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 8:03pm On May 11, 2018
Zachaeus: It goes thus. The sage definitely drank the water of owl in a bid to save the Princess of Lailand’s life. He needs to fulfill Snake Witch’s wish, or else he will loose his powers.
Suckan: Seriously? What if he fulfils the Snake Witch’s wish?
Zachaeus: (smiles) The prophecy makes us realize one thing. The Sage is loosing his powers. This only means one thing. And that’s that he won’t fulfill the snake witch’s wish. Also, there is one thing The Sage would gladly give up his powers for.
Tackryan: The Apple of Jayanah?
Zachaeus: Yes, My King! But before the Sage looses his powers, I will play my game on him. I will toy with his feelings with someone Lailand needs most.
Tackryan: The Taviour?
Zachaeus: Yes, My king! The taviour. I will plan an invalid taviour spirit for the Sage to discover. This will fool the Sage thinking the taviour’s spirit is awaken and he will try to get the Procedure of the Dys Key Terminal from me.
Derlond: I am sorry, but why would he?
Zachaeus: Because without the procedure, Lailand will never be able to know the taviour. Only Malisteh, the dark lady knows the procedure. I once gave Malisteh a catching gift in order to learn it from her, which implies that only Malisteh and I know the procedure.
Heoeh: (nervous) What is the catching gift you gave her?
Zachaeus: (chuckles) That, I can’t reveal. Let me just go on telling my plans. When The Sage tries to trick me into getting the procedure, that’s when I will get him. We will then have him here with us. He should have lost his powers by then, so he won’t pose any trouble.
Tackryan: A nice plan! If we can have The Sage, then Lailand is out.
Zachaeus: Yes, my King! All I need to do is catch him.

(Later that night)
(Zachaeus can be seen standing inside a green light circle. He begins to cast spells that last for minutes. He eventually sets free the bird he is holding which disappears immediately)
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 12:44am On May 12, 2018
(The scene is brought to the Sage’s abode. He wakes up immediately, sweating profusely)
(In Lailand)
(The Sage meets with the court)
Dalsmy: So, you are telling us the taviour spirit is awaken.
The Sage: Yes, Your Highness! I was prepared for the taviour’s spirit, so we won’t loose him or her as we lost the Split Eye.
Dalsmy: So, how do we get to know the taviour?
The Sage: I will have to the Procedure of the Dys Key Terminal from Zachaeus of Exelung (everyone is shocked).
Shed: From our enemy land?
The Sage: Yeah!
Ornal: But why?
The Sage: Zachaeus is the only human that has the procedure. I definitely need to get it from him.
Dalsmy: But how do you intend on getting it from him?
The Sage: I will make plans with Nipen on that, My king.
Tedder: But we know one thing, and that is, the taviour is among the Princes and Princess. Can’t we just ask them one by one?
Dalsmy: (smiles) All of them want to be the taviour. All of them will surely claim to be the taviour.
Tedder: (realizing this) That’s true, my King. But don’t you think we have to protect them from the neighbouring lands. We should try and keep all of them together, including the banished prince, Tikahay.
The Sage: (frowns face and then talk) We do not have to worry about that. The taviour can only be revealed and known in exact three days after awakening. The spirit was awaken today’s midnight, so we still have the three days. We only need to get the procedure from Zachaeus within these three days.
Tedder: (calms) That’s alright, then.
Dalsmy: My Sage, I trust you. Don’t make us loose the taviour too, please.
The Sage: I won’t let you down, My King.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 5:47am On May 12, 2018
(The Sage can be seen preparing some herbs at his home. Peekeh suddenly appears)
The Sage: (shocked) Peekeh, the Snake Witch. To what do I own this august visit?
Peekeh: The high Sage, I think you know why I am here.
The Sage: (chuckles) Your price?
Peekeh: You are right. And my price is…
The Sage: What? (curious).
Peekeh: The Apple of Jayanah.
The Sage: (shocked) You know that’s not something you can ask.
Peekeh: That’s what I want.
The Sage: Snake witch, please, I can’t give you that.
Peekeh: You know the consequence of not granting my wish.
The Sage: (scared) Peekeh, please, don’t do this.
Peekeh: (she summons the water of owl and the pot appears on her hand) For the last time, Sage, where is the Apple of Jayanah?
The Sage: (totally nervous and scared) Peekeh, please, I’m begging you.
Peekeh: Time over. (she pours the water on The Sage. The Sage’s body starts to burn out bluish flame).
The Sage: (as his powers are burning out) What have you done? You aren’t supposed to do this.
Peekeh: (smiles) It’s done, already. (she disappears. Age enters).
AgePie: (scared) What happened, sir?
The Sage: My powers. They are gone. (nervously).
(The Sage, AgePie and Nipen meeting at the Sage’s house)
Nipen: (scared) What do you mean you’ve lost your powers?
The Sage: It was either my powers or Apple of Jayanah. I can never give up on Lailand.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 8:50am On May 12, 2018
Nipen: But without your powers anyway, Lailand will be demolished.
The Sage: That’s why have to fasten up our plan in getting Procedure of Dys Key Terminal from Zachaeus.
Nipen: Because Taviour is our last and only hope for now.
The Sage: Exactly.
Nipen: But without your powers, how can we even get it from him?
The Sage: Without powers, we can still outwit him.
Nipen: How?
The Sage: Zachaeus will be offering a special prayer at Arti Temple today. The prayer comes up every three years. He must be on his weak period during this prayer. I have to capture him then.
Nipen: (still scared) Do you think that will work?
The Sage: The only problem is that since he knows he will be on his weak period, he will surely have Azinah protect him.
Nipen: (feeling bad) Azinah? So what do we do?
The Sage: That’s why we have to go together. I need you to distract Azinah while I extract Zachaeus. Azinah won’t be in praying room with him as he has to be alone, but she’ll probably be in the next room, and will surely know whatever is happening in the praying room.
Nipen: So, you want me to distract Azinah, so she won’t know whatever is going on in the praying room.
The Sage: Yes. And also, I want you to find a way to talk Azinah out of working for an enemy land. Afterall, she was your girl. You can still use the power of love to convince her.
Nipen: Oh, I understand.
The Sage: (to AgePie) You also have things to do.
(The Sage and Nipen walking off the street discussing state matter)
The Sage: We are doomed if we do not get the Taviour. He must be the King. Dark spirits are hovering upon the royal lineage, and only the taviour spirit can quench them if made King.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 8:54am On May 12, 2018
any comments please, wanna know if people are enjoying the story or not... thanks
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 11:40am On May 12, 2018
Nipen: We will surely get him, sir. We will make him the King immediately after our current King.
The Sage: It is not as easy as you think. Lailand’s fate is bad. We are loosing hope. We even have to help the taviour because there is an equal chance he fails or succeeds his mission. Even without Malisteh, the taviour has so many enemies, strong enemies ahead of him he has to overcome. He’s got to be strong and wise.
Nipen: I believe that there is the taviour anyway, because there’s hope for Lailand.
The Sage: (smiles) That’s one of my sayings. (a man stops them to ask them something).
Man: (to the Sage) Sir, I am going to 10-way Inn, can you show me the way?
The Sage: (points to an inn) That’s the inn (he notices a chain on the man’s neck. He touches it) This is a lovely chain. Where did you get it?
Man: (smiles) My mum gave it to me. Is it really lovely?
The Sage: (smiles) It is indeed lovely.
Man: Okay, sir. I have to be on my way now.
The Sage: That’s right (He and Nipen continues their journey)

(Later that day)
(Zachaeus, his disciples and the man)
Zachaeus: (removes the chain from the man’s neck) So, he even couldn’t recognize the chain.
Man: Yes, sir! But, sir why would you risk using the Procedure as a test for the Sage’s powers?
Zachaeus: I wanted to know if he really has lost his powers. I intentionally used the Procedure of The Dys Key Terminal in form of chain as something he can’t ignore if he still has his powers. If he still had his powers, he would have realized and collected it from you.
Man: Isn’t that too much risk? What if he hadn’t lost his powers?
Zachaeus: The chain is just one terminal of the four terminals of the procedure. He can’t do anything with one piece.
Man: Oh, I understand now.
Zachaeus: (looks daring) He can’t even recognize the procedure, and he’s coming to get it from me. What a foolish man!
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:21pm On May 12, 2018
(The Sage and Nipen sneak into the surrounding of Arti Temple. It is well guarded with guards stationed at every entrance. Nipen does the work by taking down the first two guards they meet. They are now able to enter the compound but are still sneaking, as there are so many guards all around.
The Sage heads to the praying room while Nipen heads to the other room. To their amazement, The Sage meets Azinah in the praying room, while Nipen meets Zachaeus in the other room.
Surprised, Nipen wants to run away, but Zachaeus uses his power to drag him back).
Zachaeus: (smiles) Where do you think you are going to?
Nipen: (totally scared) You aren’t supposed to be here. You are supposed to be in the praying room.
Zachaeus: (smiles again) That’s what your foolish Sage thought. I am not as foolish as he is.
(In the other room)
The Sage: (surprised) Split Eye, why are you here?
Azinah: (she directs flames from her eyes towards the Sage but not enough to kill him) Don’t be surprised, the Sage, wise man of Lailand. (She drags The Sage outside where Zachaeus is waiting, with Nipen kneeling on the floor).
Zachaeus: (looks at the Sage) You are so foolish. I once told you that you can’t beat me. You are no match for me.
The Sage: (still surprised) What happened? How were you able to catch me like this?
Zachaeus: (smiles) I know you lost your powers.
The Sage: (surprised) What? How did you know that?
Zachaeus: I have the Split Eye, remember.
The Sage: Oh! (realizing)
Zachaeus: I intentionally planned a fake taviour spirit because I want you to nervously need the Procedure of the Dys Key Terminal from me.
The Sage: (surprised) So, there is no taviour yet?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:21pm On May 12, 2018
Zachaeus: Not at all. (smiles) You only played into my trap. I knew you would use any slight opportunity to get to me for the procedure. And I was waiting patiently for you.
The Sage: (looks daring) You win this time. Even if you kill me, it doesn’t guarantee the taviour will work for you. Lailand will never perish, but her enemy lands.
Zachaeus: (laughs uncontrollably) So, you still have hope in that hopeless land. Even a fool will know that Lailand is reaching for her end. Also, I am not the one that’s going to kill you. You have to meet my King.
The Sage: King Tackryan?
Nipen: (shocked) The evil king (totally scared). Just kill us now, don’t take us to the evil king, please.
Zachaeus: Be quiet, young man! (to Azinah) Leave for your next assignment immediately.
Azinah: Okay, sir!

(Same Day. King Tackryan’s palace)
(Inside the court. Zachaeus and Azinah brings the Sage and Nipen)
Tackryan: (so happy) This seems like a dream. The High Sage of Lailand, the Most Powerful Priest, is now powerless and right in front of me, waiting for my judgment.
Suckan: (smiling happily) We are riding to victory. Once The Sage is eliminated, we only have to take out the King of Lailand, and Lailand will only be a slave land to Exelung.
Etyly: Zachaeus, you really did a good job. You accomplished it this time. You got us the most powerful man in Lailand. The backbone of Lailand is here with us right in Exelung. That’s a feat.
Derlond: Aren’t you all noticing that we have the former Chief Guard’s son too? He is currently the best fighter in whole of Lailand. Even none of our fighters her can take him on.
Suckan: (surprised) Are you saying even Pagnen can’t take him?
Derlond: (hisses) He will kill Pagnen with bare hands.
Suckan: (surprised) Really? Then he is definitely a fine man.
Etyly: His skill is ignorable. The best fighter can easily be defeated with the tiniest of magic and trick.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:22pm On May 12, 2018
Suckan: Yeah, that’s true.
Zachaeus: (to the King) My King, we are waiting for your judgment. In three days time, The Sage of Lailand shall be walked naked in the streets of Exelung, and stoned to death by Exelung citizens.
O O O O
(flashback)
Azinah: …The Sage, you will have a shameful death.
O O O O
(Back)
Tackryan: Lailand’s Chief Guard shall be torn into pieces by horses immediately after the Chief Guard’s death.
O O O O
(flashback)
Azinah: …Nipen, death, death, death, you will also die trying to protect the empire.
O O O O
(Back)
All: We receive your judgments.
(The guards bundle The Sage and Nipen away).
(Tikahay can be seen sleeping inside the forest he is banished to. Suddenly, Azinah taps him and gives him a fatal slap that makes him faint immediately).
(Execution Day)
(The room is filled with magical portions. Zachaeus can be seen mixing some of the potions together and casting spells. The Sage can be seen tied to one corner of the room).
The Sage: (feeling weak) Why am I here with you? What are you doing?
Zachaeus: I am making a Mind Beating Potion.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:24pm On May 12, 2018
The Sage: (curious) What for?
Zachaeus: (still mixing the potions) Why do you think the King chose your execution day as three days time? I asked him to.
The Sage: Why?
Zachaeus: I want to mindbeat you to find the Apple of Jayanah.
The Sage: (scared) I lost my powers because of the Apple of Jayanah and you still want to mindbeat me to get it.
Zachaeus: You shouldn’t have given up your powers for a lost cause, for Lailand.
The Sage: (totally scared) But you will need the King’s blood to finish the potion.
Zachaeus: (smiles) That’s why I have the former prince of Lailand here (Guards bring in Tikahay and leave immediately) All I need is a little blood of the royal line of Lailand.
The Sage: You really had everything planned.
Zachaeus: Lailand banned him into free hands. I just get to take him easily. (He picks up a knife and cuts Tikahay enough to get blood out. He stores the blood in a plastic and then mixes it with the potion he already made. He begins to cast spells)
Faika Eiah Bili Aiah Sak Eid.
Pah Il Lisa Yowi Aith
Laka Liku Laka BaEj Aerya
Suh Faki Biun Jai Aai Eeiya.
(dark flames come out of the potion. He now cuts The Sage a little and gets blood from the spot. He mixes the blood with the potion and drinks it. His lips turn red and then back to normal. He moves close to The Sage) What is the full name of your King?
The Sage: King Cyl Nance Dalsmy. (answering as he is being commanded).
Zachaeus: Who am I to you?
The Sage: You are my blood brother, Zachaeus.
Zachaeus: (smiles) Where is the Apple of Jayanah?
The Sage: The Apple of Jayanah is in the temple of … (a dark flame blows up on Zachaeus’s face. He falls down immediately).
Zachaeus: (feeling weak and hurt) What happened?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:26pm On May 12, 2018
The Sage: The unexpected (he uses magic to break off from the chains used in holding him).
Zachaeus: (surprised) What did you just do?
The Sage: (smiles) Zachaeus, you are a planner, while I am the master planner. I never lost my powers. I didn’t drink the water of owl.
O O O O
(flashback)
Peekeh: You are smart. I will ask for my price in the future. But you have to swear on the Water of Owl that Lailand will give it to me when I ask.
The Sage: (nervous) The princess is on the verge of death, Lailand will surely give you whatever to save her life. Bring the water of owl.
Peekeh: (a pot appears on her hand) This is it. (she gives it to The Sage. The Sage’s mouth moves a little as he casts some spells inaudibly. As he pours little of the water in his mouth, the water doesn’t enter his throat but disappears to fill a bottle in his abode).
O O O O
(Back)
The Sage: (smiles) I could never drink the water. I already knew what Peekeh’s price would be.
Zachaeus: (still surprised) But Split Eye saw you loose your powers.
The Sage: (still smiling) I told you before that I am the master planner. I knew Peekeh would come anytime for her price. So I planned magic that would be able to discover her anytime she’s in Lailand. My assistant then came to me one day, that my magic has detected Peekeh’s presence in Lailand.
O O O O
(flashback)
AgePie: (barges in) Sage, Snake Witch is in Lailand. The colour of the mount water has changed to yellow.
The Sage: (surprised) Really? Peekeh is here. That means she is here for her price. I know her price will definitely be the Apple of Jayanah. We have to act before she gets to me.
AgePie: So, what do we do?
The Sage: You will have to get me cill leaves.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:28pm On May 12, 2018
AgePie: What do you need it for?
The Sage: Why are you asking me? Just do what I sent you to do.
AgePie: Okay, sir!
O O O O
(back)
Zachaeus: (surprised) Cill leaves?
Zachaeus: Yeah, cill leaves for planting a fantasy future. I planted a fantasy future of me loosing my powers knowing Split Eye would see it.

O O O O
(flashback)
(Azinah’s eye changes to blue as she begins to see the Sage’s body burning out blueish flames)

O O O O
(back)
The Sage: I knew you would want to use my power loss to your advantage. I was waiting patiently for you to act until I saw the invalid taviour spirit.

O O O O
(flashback)
(At night)
(Zachaeus can be seen standing inside a green light circle. He begins to cast spells that last for minutes. He eventually sets free a bird he is holding, which disappears immediately).
(The scene is brought to The Sage’s house. He wakes up immediately, sweating profusely).
The Sage: (scared) Taviour’s spirit? I have precautions for taviour spirit to be awaken. I am supposed to know before it is awaken. This is definitely Zachaeus’ doing. Oh, that’s right. Zachaeus, game starts.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:29pm On May 12, 2018
O O O O
(back)
The Sage: I knew immediately that you are trying to tempt me with the taviour’s spirit so I will come for the Procedure of the Dys Key Terminal. I intentionally played along with your plans because I know you have your spies everywhere. The day I, Nipen and AgePie were planning to get you, we knew your spy was eavesdropping our conversations. So, we intentionally mentioned all our plans, so he could hear.

O O O O
(flashback)
Nipen: So, you want me to distract Azinah, so she won’t know whatever is going on in the praying room.
The Sage: Yes. And also, I want you to find a way to talk Azinah out of working for an enemy land. Afterall, she was your girlfriend. You can still use the power of love to convince her.
Nipen: Oh, I understand.
The Sage: (to AgePie) You also have things to do.
AgePie: (looks sideways and discovers something) He has left.
The Sage: Oh, good. He will go and tell Zachaeus everything he has heard so far.
Nipen: So, what’s our real plan?
The Sage: We will follow the plan. We will let Zachaeus capture us. (to AgePie) The main work is yours. If Zachaeus has me, he will surely want to get out the Apple of Jayanah. With Prince Tikahay in exile, he will surely have all ingredients completely. He will use Tikahay’s blood to finish Mind beating potion in order to get Apple of Jayanah.
Nipen: (confused) How are you sure he will use Tikahay? And what if he doesn’t aim for the Apple of Jayanah?
The Sage: I know Zachaeus very well. He will surely want to make most of all opportunities. He will need the King’s blood and Tikahay is the easiest King’s blood he can get. That was why I interfered when Tedder asked the King to get Prince Tikahay out of exile. Tikahay has to be there for the plans to work.
AgePie: So what do you want me to do?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:31pm On May 12, 2018
The Sage: Zachaeus will have to drink the Mind Beating Potion. You will have to alter one of the ingredients which is Tikahay’s blood. You will have to go to the forest, and have him drink Hana’s poison. It will mix with his blood and once any powerful person drinks his blood, it will make them weak. Once Zachaeus drinks it, he will be weak and I will be able to get him. When I am inside, I will use my spirit to pass the information about Nipen’s location to you in Exelung. You will have to come and get him.
Nipen: Nice.
O O O O
(back)
Zachaeus: (totally weak and scared) Hana’s poison. So you made me drink Hana’s poison.
The Sage: Yes, brother.
Zachaeus: I tried to tempt you with Procedure of Dys Key Terminal. I placed one terminal in form of chain on someone that met with you.
The Sage: (smiles) I detected it immediately.

O O O O
(flashback)
The Sage: (points to an inn) That’s the inn (he notices a chain on the man’s neck. He touches it and confirms it really is a terminal of the procedure) This is a lovely chain. Where did you get it?
Man: (smiles) My mum gave it to me. Is it really lovely?
The Sage: (smiles) It is indeed lovely.
Man: Okay, sir. I have to be on my way now.
The Sage: That’s right. (He and Nipen continues their journey. After a while, he faces Nipen) That chain on the man’s neck is one terminal of the Procedure of Dys Key. Zachaeus must have used the man as a trap to know if I really had lost my powers.
Nipen: (nervous) Why didn't you collect it from him?
The Sage: It is just one terminal out of the four terminals of the procedure. What do I do with one terminal? If I try to collect this, Zachaeus will know I haven’t lost my powers and I won’t be able to get the others. We have plans, let’s just play along.
O O O O
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:35pm On May 12, 2018
(back)
Zachaeus: (sad) You really played the game well. You really got me. You defeated me. Why exactly did you play this game?
The Sage: I need the Procedure of The Dys Key Terminal anyway.
Zachaeus: So, you went through all these for that.
The Sage: Yes. Without it, I can’t get to discover the Taviour once it is activated. (he moves close to Zachaeus).
Zachaeus: (scared) You want to kill me. Do it now.
The Sage: (chuckles) I won’t kill you. I will give you chance to redeem yourself. I just know you keep the four terminals of the Procedure close with you. (He deeps his hand into the inner pockets of the clothes on Zachaeus and brings out four plates that are inside. The plates are shining) Oh! Now I have the Procedure of The Dys Key Terminal with me.
Zachaeus: (sobs as he realizes he has failed) If you don’t kill me now, you know I will be back to normal in six hours time.
The Sage: Yeah, I know.
(AgePie can be seen rescuing Nipen from where he is being held captive).
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:37pm On May 12, 2018
EPISODE FIVE (PAYBACK TIME PART I)
O O O O O
(Flashback – some years ago)
(Mity can be seen having a conversation with a man. The man is busy drinking a wine while Mity is watching him)
Man: Why are you delaying me here when I have other things to attend to?
Mity: Can you follow me to the palace?
Man: (smiles) So that your King can kill me. I told you people that I have no ill-mind towards Lailand.
Mity: You are too powerful for us to allow you to be roaming around on your own. (the man begins to feel dizzy)
Man: (he looks at his wine) Did you drug the wine?
Mity: I am sorry, I can’t live you on your own.
Man: Mity, I trusted you (he mumbles as he slept off)
O O O O O
(Back)
(In The Sage’s abode, he is treating a patient. AgePie is also present)
Lete: Thank you, Sage for treating me.
The Sage: (still treating him) This is ordinary cut wound, why can’t you go to normal doctor to treat you?
Lete: I just trust you better than all those quack doctors (looks at The Sage in the eyes) I know you only agreed to treat this easy wound because you feel guilty towards me, but you shouldn’t be.
The Sage: (sighs) That’s true. I am only doing this because I feel responsible to you for not able to cure your daughter of the disease. Treating her will require a lot of dark magic, and I can’t risk that.
Lete: I understand. I have let go of her. She has limited time to live. She can’t last today.
The Sage: I am sorry
Lete: It’s quite alright (he tries to stand by holding The Sage. His finger pinched The Sage’s body piercing his skin a little bit. AgePie runs to them to help them both) I am sorry, Sage.
The Sage: It’s alright. It’s just a minor pinch.
Lete: Okay.
The Sage: You can leave, your wound has been properly taken care of.
(Outside, Lete and Agepie meeting)
AgePie: (scared) Did you get the blood?
Lete: Sure!
AgePie: I have just helped you in getting The Sage’s blood, will you now drop the case?
Lete: Sure, I got what I needed.
AgePie: (still scared) Are you sure you won’t harm The Sage?
Lete: Trust me, I am not harming him. I just need his blood to save my daughter’s life.
AgePie: I know you still feel resentment towards The Sage.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:40pm On May 12, 2018
Lete: Why won’t I? We all know the stress he passed through to save The King’s daughter. But a civilian’s daughter means nothing to him. He told me to say goodbye to my only daughter. I am sorry, but I can’t do that.
AgePie: I understand how you must be feeling. Just please don’t harm him. I will feel responsible if you do.
(Malisteh and Peekeh)
Malisteh: (angrily) Lailand fooled you. Lailand fooled me. The Sage didn’t loose his power. I have to revenge this.
Peekeh: (bowing her head) What do you want me to do, my Lady?
Malisteh: I want you to destroy Lailand. Take you snakes along to Lailand and destroy the land completely.
Peekeh: Yes, my lady.
(Lete can be seen in a room full of magical exhibits. Vanos enters)
Vanos: (to Lete) Do you have it?
Lete: Yeah! (handling over a bottle to him).
Vanos: (nervous) Are you sure this is The Sage’s blood?
Lete: I am quite sure. I cut and took it myself.
Vanos: Good. (two men enter the room). We have the blood. We are now close to achieving our mission.
Lete: (confused) Who are these people and what’re you talking about? (one of the men stabs Lete with a sword and he dies immediately).
Vanos: Does Tevah have the body?
White: I am not sure yet. Let’s just go.

(A young man and old man can be seen discussing)
Steph: (being the young man) So, I just have to wait till the spirit is awakened.
Old Man: It is your job to protect the taviour. If you show yourself up before it is awakened, your life will be in danger.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 1:42pm On May 12, 2018
No comment means people aren't enjoying the story... The story will continue when there's enough comments to show that people are enjoying it... Bye for now.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by OnisadeRasheed: 5:57pm On May 12, 2018
Very interesting story line..
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:10pm On May 12, 2018
OnisadeRasheed:
Very interesting story line..
Thanks, at least i have one person enjoying this... I'll send you the continuation in ms word format personally...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 11:46am On May 18, 2018
Silver, pls do continue with the story, u just read the story today and I liked it. Who knows, someone else might stumble upon it in the future and love it as well. Pls, update more pages, I beg of u dear.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by donkelz(m): 1:50pm On May 18, 2018
Nice story bro...am with you bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / The Trials Of Chris Abani And The Power Of Empty Words By Ikhide R. Ikheloa / How To Sell A Movie Script To A Nollywood Producer Or Film-maker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.