Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Woes Of The Dark Night - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Woes Of The Dark Night (17603 Views)

Dark Night 1(short Story) / Woes Of The Dark Night Season 2 / Dark Night (episodes) by Oladipo Daniel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:25am On May 19, 2018
Favyo:
Silver, pls do continue with the story, u just read the story today and I liked it. Who knows, someone else might stumble upon it in the future and love it as well. Pls, update more pages, I beg of u dear.

Thanks... Update will follow...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:39am On May 19, 2018
Steph: Do you really believe the Agents of Mansard will do nothing?
Old Man: Calderie’s spirit is trapped forever. It is only The Sage that can bring him out. And The Sage will never do something of such.
Steph: Still yet, we have to do something. I have to be sure the agents aren’t up to anything.
Old Man: They can’t do anything without their Leader and Sage will never bring him out.
Steph: Their job is to make sure the taviour’s spirit is never awaken. Do you think they will sit and do nothing knowing the spirit awakening is a threat to their entire existence?
Old Man: (smiles) I know you want to show yourself but it is quite dangerous in Lailand right now. You have to wait for the taviour’s spirit.
(A man can be seen leading Tevah to a particular tomb)
Tevah: (to the man) Are you sure this is the tomb?
Man: (scared) I can never lie to you. This is the tomb we buried him. Please do not kill me.
Tevah: Okay. (he digs up the coffin to confirm the body) Very well (A bird flies to his hand. He ties a message carrying paper to the leg of the bird and flies the bird away. He then uses his sword to kill the man)

(Inside a dark room, Vanos can be seen standing in the middle while some men, nine in number surround him. They begin to cast some spells. Along the line, dark flames start to fill up the room. After some minutes, they stop. Vanos picks up the bottle containing The Sage’s blood and he gulps it down his throat. The men start to cast another spell, and after some minutes, Vanos faints)

(The scene is brought to The Sage sleeping. He wakes up immediately, and begins to check his body. He stands up to the mirror and then smiles).
The Sage: (smiling) It worked. Time to get to work. (AgePie enters)
AgePie: (looks at The Sage) Hope nothing is wrong?
The Sage: Nothing is wrong. I just need to be somewhere right now.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:40am On May 19, 2018
AgePie: (surprised) As in, like right now?
The Sage: Yeah, is anything the matter?
AgePie: You don’t go out in this attire.
The Sage: Oh, I will just change my clothes. (looking around) Where are my clothes?
AgePie: (confused) Inside the locker in the passage. Are you sure you are alright?
The Sage: Yeah, I’m fine.
AgePie: Okay, let me just change and follow you.
The Sage: No, don’t bother. I said I’m fine. I have to go alone.
AgePie: I insist.
The Sage: (smiles in an awful way) Get your clothes then and let’s leave.
AgePie: Better. (he turns his back to go outside)
The Sage: Lashibah Penita Kalaki (AgePie faints immediately). That should keep you asleep till I’m through.

(In Lailand’s market. There is pandemonium up and down. Snakes are attacking the sellers and buyers, biting and killing them. Children and old men aren’t spared. People are running for their lives.
The scene is taken to various homes in Lailand. There are snakes’ attacks everywhere. The snakes are attacking the people inside the houses and killing them)
(Lailand’s Palace, the court members are meeting with the King. There is an emergency meeting)
Ornah: Our king, the snake attack is becoming uncontrollable. The snakes are killing the citizens mercilessly. We have to do something.
Dalsmy: What could have caused this? (nervous)
Saqul: There is a rumour that the snake witch is angry that The Sage fooled her about drinking the owl water or so. So she is retaliating about the whole issue.
Dalsmy: Where exactly is The Sage himself, since he is the cause of the issue at ground?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 10:46pm On May 21, 2018
Ornah: (chuckles) The Sage behaves like he is the King, just because you cherish him so much. How dare he not come here despite you declaring an emergency meeting? All other court members are present, but he decided not to show up. That’s very arrogant of him.
Remton: How can you talk in that manner? We all know The Sage takes Lailand as the first thing in his heart. I am sure he is somewhere looking for ways to stop the attacks. Please don’t let us be conclusive yet.
Staline: In my own opinion, no matter what he is currently attending to, he’s supposed to attend the King’s emergency meeting.
Dalsmy: Let’s stop arguing and come up with a solution. With what I am hearing about these attacks, it seems the snake witch want to destroy the whole of Lailand. We have to come up with a plan.
Shed: My king, we have it in the old scriptures that there is one person that can kill the snake witch permanently.
Dalsmy: (confused) The taviour?
Shed: Yes, my King. The taviour has the ability to kill the snake witch permanently. Even the sage doesn’t have the power to totally get rid of her.
Dalsmy: (still confused) But the taviour’s spirit isn’t yet awakened now.
Shed: We all know there is a way to get the taviour if we want to.
Remton: (surprised) Are you suggesting we trigger the spirit? (murmurs start in the court).
Shed: Do we have any other choice here?
Remton: You are saying we should forcefully wake the taviour’s spirit. Do you know the implication of that?
Ornah: (cuts in) Triggering the taviour’s spirit will forcefully wake the spirit up, and in so doing, the taviour will never accomplish his mission. (chuckles) I wanna see where this leads to.
Shed: What’s the taviour’s mission? Is it not to protect Lailand? Why can’t we wake him to protect the land anyway?
Staline: I’m seconding Shed’s opinion. The snake witch is likely to destroy the whole of Lailand. By the time the taviour’s spirit wakes, there may not even be Lailand again. We have to act now.
Remton: Why are we even having this conversation? We know it’s forbidden to trigger the taviour’s spirit. We can’t do this. We have to find another way to stop the snake’s attacks. The sage will definitely find something to do about this.
Ornah: And till now, The Sage still hasn’t showed up.
Tedder: I’m being silent since morning. I just want the king to decide quickly and solve this matter. The snakes got to my area. I had to evacuate my family and I know it’s just a matter of time before the snakes reach where they are hiding. Please, my King, find something to do on this matter.
Dalsmy: (confused) This is my order. I give The Sage twelve hours to this time to find something to do the attack. Once the time passes, Shed should go on with his plan to trigger the taviour’s spirit. Ornah and Saqul should join him so he can be fast with it
Remton: (nervous) But my King…
Dalsmy: (interrupts her) Do you want to be questioning my orders? (angrily).
Remton: (scared) I’m sorry, my King.

(The scene is brought to the tomb where Tevah is. The nine wizards are there, and so is Tevah, all forming a circle. The Sage enters.)
The Sage: (looks at the body on the ground) Are you sure this is the right body? We can’t afford to make any mistake.
Tevah: Yeah, it is. I personally confirmed it. I know how important this is to us.
The Sage: Then, let’s get started. (The Sage and Tevah join the circle with the body in the middle, and all begin to cast spells combining their power. The spells continue for hours as dark matters start to fill up the room from time to time. After some time, they begin to spit blood from their mouth as they continue the spells. The blood joins together to form a whole, and magically enters the body. Then all of a sudden, the body comes alive. He opens his eyes, to see the people surrounding him).
White: (nervous) Leader, is that you?
Calderie: White, Vanos, you did it. It is really I. You brought me back to life. You did it. (feeling so happy. All the wizards jeers up in happiness as they are able to fulfill their mission)
The Sage: I am so happy we are able to bring you back.
Calderie: (stands up and wears the already prepared clothes – his red and black robe) We have little time to act. The King has already given the order that the taviour’s spirit should be triggered. We can’t let that happen. We can’t hide for the rest of our lives. We have to prevent that.
The Sage: I have to go and get my body back. What should I do with The Sage’s body? Should I kill him after getting back my body?
Calderie: No. I have plans. (to White) Pass a message to Priest of Exelung, Zachaeous that Calderie is back and I have The Sage. (to The Sage) Go and get your body back and drop The Sage’s body in the jungle room. Then come back to me, you have to show me around. I have people I have to meet.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:48am On May 22, 2018
(Memex can be seen in a dark room. Shed, Ornal and Saqul enters)
Ornal: Prince, here they are.
Shed: (confused) Prince, why do you summon us here?
Memex: (chuckles) I have a tempting offer for you. (to Ornal) Show them the scroll.
Ornal: Okay, my prince. (He brings out a scroll and hands it over to Shed. Shed screams in surprise after reading the content. He passes the scroll to Saqul. Saqul is also surprised with what he saw in the scroll).
Saqul: (shocked) Is this correct?
Memex: You can seal the King’s seal on it. The King plans to make the taviour the crown prince and then the King immediately after his demise.
Shed: (realizing something) That explains the reason why the King is quite reluctant to choose the crown prince.
Memex: Exactly.
Saqul: So, what do you want from us?
Memex: If not for the taviour’s issue, I am supposed to be the crown prince, being the eldest son. But the king is purposely waiting for the spirit to be awakened before he chooses the crown prince. Though I may be taviour, but there is still another possibility that I may not. I can’t take that chance, I can’t let any of my little brothers take my position.
Saqul: So, my prince, what is your plan?
Memex: You will declare me the taviour.
Shed: (shocked) So, you are saying we shouldn’t trigger the spirit and just declare you the taviour.
Memex: Exactly (smiles).
Shed: (confused) Have you forgotten the main reason we are triggering the spirit in the first place?
Memex: (still smiling) I got that covered. (Calderie enters the room).
Saqul: Who is this?
Memex: That is Calderie, the leader of Mansard. (they become scared)
Shed: Calderie, the powerful wizard that the King and The Sage trapped a long time ago?
Calderie: That’s me. (smiles)
Saqul: How is he going to help us?
Calderie: You all know the extents of my powers. The snake witch is no match for me. I will make a dark potion and give it to Prince Memex immediately you declare him the taviour. All he has to do is pour the potion on the Snake Witch, and off she disappears. Problem solved, win-win for all of us.
Shed: (looking at him shabbily) And what do you stand to gain from this?
Memex: (cuts in) Don’t bother about that. I have already made deals with him too.
Calderie: Yeah, I was just given permission to do some things I want. (smiles wickedly)
Memex: (to Shed and Saqul) Once I am King, you know I can never forget you. The two of you together with Ornal will be given high posts that no one can never reach you. I will make above your mates. You are surely going to be in riches. Are you in or not?
Shed: (looks at Saqul in affirmation, and turns his face back to Memex) We are in. You are already the taviour.
Memex: Thanks. You can leave. I have other things to attend to, together with Ornal and Calderie. (Shed and Saqul leaves the room)
Ornal: So, prince, what’s my job?
Memex: You have to kill my father.
Ornal: (shocked) I should kill the King.
Memex: Yeah. The Sage already has the order to make the taviour the crown prince. I only need my father to be dead, so I can be the King immediately.
Ornal: But, my prince, Nipen will surely be a problem.
Memex: Got that covered as well.
Calderie: (chuckles) Nipen and I have old scores to settle. He won’t be available to give you any problem. Just go ahead with whatever plans you have.
Memex: All cases solved. Now, let’s get to work.

(Elluah can be seen meeting secretly with Calderie)
Calderie: Prince Elluah, everything is going as planned.
Elluah: Thanks for helping me out. Are you sure Memex is going to die too?
Calderie: Yeah, prince. He is so foolish for believing I have the power to kill the snake witch. The snake witch has been given ultimate power by the dark lady herself. Nothing can kill her, except the taviour. The potion I am going to give him is a repulsion potion or the snake witch. She will angrily kill him once he pours it on her.
Elluah: But since you can’t wake the taviour’s spirit up, how do you plan to conquer the snake witch for me?
Calderie: Malisteh, the dark lady felt fooled by Lailand. That’s the reason she asked the snake witch to wipe out Lailand totally. I just have to strike a deal with her and she will call off the snake witch.
Elluah: By striking deal with her, you mean to give her the Apple of Jayanah I promised you when I become King, right?
Calderie: Yeah. The Apple of Jayanah is all she wants from Lailand.
Elluah: Remember you promised me that I can still rule Lailand without the Apple of Jayanah.
Calderie: Definitely, my future King.
Elluah: It’s alright then. Let my brother take care of the King, and then walk into his death himself. Then I will have no major competitor.
Calderie: What about Prince Tikahay, and the princess?
Elluah: (smiles) Tikahay had been stripped of his status once, and he is back in the land, so the enemy lands won’t be able to use him against us. He is not a competitor, Memex is the real problem. Also, Memex is a real schemer, he is the one I have to take out, not Tikahay. Tikahay is very easy to manipulate. And for the princess, she is a lady. Her gender renders her competitive less. But later, if any of the two tries and claim the throne, I will kill them myself.
Calderie: (moved) You’ve really gone everything planned.
Elluah: All of them are looking down on me, as if I’m nothing. Memex and Tikahay are calling themselves future Kings, forgetting I’m also there. It’s just okay for me to work from the under like this and hurt them.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:50am On May 22, 2018
Episode 6 continues when there are more comments... thanks and bye for now
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 11:39am On May 22, 2018
Ohhhwww, thank u sugar, at Silver... Lete made a foolish mistake anyway... Sweet updates, more grace dear Silver!
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 11:58am On May 22, 2018
But what exactly is this Caderine up to? Are u sure the Sage really knows what he's doing especially by conniving with these seemingly conniving and scheming witches?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 6:19pm On May 22, 2018
Favyo:
But what exactly is this Caderine up to? Are u sure the Sage really knows what he's doing especially by conniving with these seemingly conniving and scheming witches?

You don't really understand that part. That wasn't really the Sage. It's the Sage's body and power, but Vanos's soul. Vanos is using The Sage's body. The spells the wizards made with The Sage's blood transferred Vanos into the Sage's body
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 7:08pm On May 22, 2018
Chinsos kraist! Oh my God! So is the sage dead? I started misunderstanding these from the point where it was stated that the scene was brought to the sage's room... Or lemme check well! Silver, kudos! More updates pls!
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 7:21pm On May 22, 2018
EPISODE SIX (PAYBACK TIME PART II)
(Calderie and Vanos discussing in Calderie’s power room)
Vanos: (to Calderie) You are working with both Elluah and Memex, what exactly is your plan?
Calderie: I am only trying to make sure the taviour’s spirit is not triggered.
Vanos: Are you really planning to meet the dark lady to stop the snake witch’s attacks?
Calderie: I can’t.
Vanos: (surprised) Why?
Calderie: The dark lady is only afraid of the taviour. Her plan is that Lailand should get the spirit forcefully triggered, so that the Taviour won’t accomplish his mission. If the spirit is triggered, the taviour will never be able to conquer the dark lady.
Vanos: You are making sure the spirit is not triggered, that means we are working against the dark lady. Isn’t that risky? (curious). Also, if the spirit is not triggered, does that mean that snake witch will destroy Lailand completely?
Calderie: (smiles) Malisteh is not that foolish, and also Lailand is not a land that the gods will forsake that easily. I know Malisteh has her plans that we don’t know yet. She surely knows I am going to stop the spirit from being triggered, so she must have other plans. And for Lailand, I don’t see the land been completely demolished yet. Something will happen that will shock us all, we just have to wait for it.
Vanos: What about the plans to eliminate the King?
Calderie: The king is definitely going to die, he can’t escape it. But there will be a mystery around his death. That, I am not allowed to know yet. (he feels something).
Vanos: What’s wrong, leader?
Calderie: I am being summoned by someone powerful. I have to go.
(He disappears and reappears in a forest. He looks around to find the person that summoned him. Zachaeus then comes out from behind a tree).
Zachaeus: Calderie, the powerful man, is it really you?
Calderie: Zachaeus, the priest, I could feel your summon.
Zachaeus: (surprised) The Sage trapped your spirit a long time ago. How are you able to be back among the living.
Calderie: (smiles) I knew Lailand could plot against me, though I didn’t know they would use my friend. Long before I was trapped, I had left a scripture of how I could be saved with my agents.
Zachaeus: (curious) But why weren’t you freed all this while, until this time?
Calderie: I needed the dark spirits that came with dark night to be freed. My agents had to stay low until the dark night comes, to free me. Even if it is in thousands of years before the dark night comes, that’s when I could be awakened. I am just quite lucky that dark night came in time.
Zachaeus: Okay. I got your message that you have The Sage of Lailand.
Calderie: (chuckles) Yeah, I do.
Zachaeus: (curious) Is he dead?
Calderie: Nope.
Zachaeus: For you not to kill him and messaged me that you have him means you want to sell him to me. What’s your price?
Calderie: I know you will do anything to have the Sage, that’s why I thought it will better if I have you kill him than kill him myself.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 7:34pm On May 22, 2018
And is Lete a witch? Because the only thing we saw was jus a minor pinch... How then does he claim to have cut the sage in order to have had his blood, the much to be contained in a bottle for Vanoa to have drank of it?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 7:41pm On May 22, 2018
Bravo, Silver! Thanks for the update... Just insatiable, thirsting for more!
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 8:55pm On May 22, 2018
Favyo:
And is Lete a witch? Because the only thing we saw was jus a minor pinch... How then does he claim to have cut the sage in order to have had his blood, the much to be contained in a bottle for Vanoa to have drank of it?

When someone is being cut slightly with a sharp object, little blood comes out. You can easily deduce that Lete's finger was sharp. All Vanos needed is a little blood from The Sage. Lete needed to store the blood, reason for the bottle. The Sage couldn't realize the storing because of the collision, and also because of AgePie's involvement...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 8:59am On May 23, 2018
Yea, now I get it... Thanks, Silver grin. When next are u updating?
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:05am On May 23, 2018
Favyo:
Yea, now I get it... Thanks, Silver grin. When next are u updating?

Today...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:19am On May 23, 2018
Zachaeus: (curious) What do you want? You have to tell me quickly before The Sage overcomes whatever you are using to hold him captive.
Calderie: (smiles) Where I have him, I made a spell that would keep him asleep as long as he is inside. There’s no way he can overcome my spell.
Zachaeus: (chuckles) You are underestimating The Sage. I made that mistake once and I am only lucky to tell the story now.
Calderie: (smiles again) It is you that The Sage can trick. He doesn’t have upto a bit of my powers to be able to trick me.
Zachaeus: Just tell me what you want.
Calderie: I want … (he whispers silently to Zachaeus).
Zachaeus: (shocked) How can you ask something of such? You know I can’t give you that.
Calderie: Then I can’t give you The Sage.
Zachaeus: I know you can’t let The Sage live. Maybe I should forget about having him, and let you kill him.
Calderie: (laughs) I can let The Sage live. He is no threat to me at all. He is too small for me. But I know as long as he lives, he will always threaten you.
Zachaeus: Really? Have you forgotten that he was the one that trapped your spirit in the Elderworld?
Calderie: That was because I trusted a friend. And there’s a saying, “Once bitten, twice shy”. Trust me, I really can let him live and nothing will happen to me. It’s you that should be scared of that.
Zachaeus: (convinced) I will do what you asked of me. Now tell me where the Sage is.
Calderie: Now, you are talking. You should know you can’t promise me and fail. I have the Sage in Lailand’s jungle room.
Zachaeus: (gives a relief sigh) Thanks. We meet later. (he disappears).
(The scene is brought to The Sage’s abode. Nipen enters to find AgePie sleeping. He tries to wake him up but he is not waking. He then brings up a bucket of water and pours it on him. Finally, he starts to wake).
AgePie: (Waking up from sleep. He yawns as he wakes) What happened? (curious as he can’t find The Sage) The Sage casted a sleeping spell on me. What the hell happened?
Nipen: (surprised) The Sage casted a sleeping spell on you. Why?
AgePie: I just noticed something was wrong with him. He told me he has to be somewhere and I insisted on following him, and then I fell asleep.
Nipen: (scared) Did he tell you where he was going to?
AgePie: No.
Nipen: There’s trouble in the land. The snake witch is destroying Lailand, and we can’t find the Sage.
AgePie: (scared) Peekeh is in Lailand? There really is trouble.
Nipen: Is there a way we can find his whereabouts?
AgePie: (thinks up something) There’s a way I can find where he is.
(He brings out a calabash covered with a red wrapper. He begins to cast some spells. After a while, the sage can be viewed from inside the calabash)
Nipen: (scared) The Sage is sleeping. Where’s that?
AgePie: (looking very carefully at the surrounding) That’s the jungle room. Something must have happened. Someone must be holding him captive. We have to save him.
Nipen: Jungle room? I have to go there immediately.
AgePie: No, I have to go. You said Snake Witch is trying to destroy the land. It is possible that she aims the palace. You have to go and protect the palace. Leave this to me.
Nipen: (scared) Can I trust you to bring The Sage back safely?
AgePie: Definitely.
Nipen: Then I have to head back to the palace.
(Same time)
(The scene is brought to Nipen and Habbath’s house. Habbath can be seen mixing some potions together. He is quite frustrated and confused with what he is doing).
Habbath: (confused) Why can’t I find any potion to kill this snake witch? (he brings out some books and begins to read) Why can’t I understand a damn thing? Is this how Lailand is going to be demolished? Why am I so helpless? Why am I so useless? (he is totally confused).
(Calderie and Vanos enter the room).

1 Like

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by yungclex: 8:47am On May 24, 2018
Pls we are enjoying the story,pls post the next episodes.thanks
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by yungclex: 8:51am On May 24, 2018
Still waiting for the next update cus the story is so much interesting to me...pls next
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:14am On May 24, 2018
Vanos: (to Calderie) Leader, we are here.
Habbath: (surprised) Who are you people?
Calderie: (to Habbath) We are asking for someone. He is Mity by name.
Habbath: You just barged in to ask for someone like that. Mity is dead. You can leave now.
Calderie: I know he is dead. I am actually looking for his sons. I heard he has two sons and they live here.
Habbath: (angry) My elder brother, Nipen is not around. I am his younger son.
Calderie: (looks at Habbath angrily) You are Mity’s son? (he uses his power to make Habbath hangs in the air).
Habbath: (scared) What are you doing to me? Please stop. (He drops and falls down immediately).
Calderie: (he sensed some things, as he made his power to drop Habbath) You aren’t Mity’s son.
Habbath: (still hurting from the fall) What the hell does that mean? Mity was my father. (scared).
Calderie: You don’t have his blood, young man. I can sense dark spirits hovering upon your soul. You will face darkness in the future if you don’t leave Lailand. You will face a destiny worse than death if you don’t leave in time.
Habbath: (totally scared) I will never leave Lailand. I will not leave the land in time of trouble.
Calderie: I don’t care what you do. I have to go and find your elder brother then. Only he has to die, since you aren’t Mity’s son.
Habbath: (scared and angrily) Don’t touch Nipen. I will kill you if you do.
Calderie: (smiles) Try and stop me.
(The scene is brought to Nipen on his way to the palace. He is being double crossed by Calderie and Vanos).
Nipen: (recognizes Calderie) Calderie, the powerful wizard, Leader of the Mansard. (surprised) How come you are here. The Sage trapped you.
Calderie: (smiles) With the help of your father, that betrayed me. I am surprised that you can still recognize me. You were very young when your father and I were good friends.
Nipen: I don’t forget faces that easily. You still haven’t answered my question.
Calderie: That’s not what you should be worried about, your life is.
Nipen: (scared) My life? Why would you want my life?
Calderie: Mity betrayed me. I have to make example of his son so no one can try something of such again.
Nipen: (scared) This is exactly the reason why you were trapped. You are too powerful. You can easily make irrational decisions. I pose no threat to you. Please let me be.
Calderie: I am sorry, young man. How I wish we could meet under different circumstance, but I have to kill you in this circumstance. I have to have my revenge on your father.
Nipen: I can’t let you do anything with me. (he unsheathes his sword).
Calderie: (smiles) Sword against me, do you really think that could help?
Nipen: (scared) Please, spare me. (He tries to run away. Calderie stretches his hand, and something begins to drag Nipen back.)
Calderie: You can’t escape from me, young man. I won’t kill you myself, I will feed you to the Peekeh’s snakes. (he twists his hands, and a rope appears to tie Nipen. He and Vanos leaves with Nipen)
(Not long after, Habbath arrives the scene. He sees how rough the ground is, and he senses that something must have happened there. An old woman tapped him from behind).
Old woman: Are you looking for your brother?
Habbath: (surprised) Yes. I believe he has been kidnapped by someone very powerful.
Old woman: Your brother is being taken to Peekeh.
Habbath: To Peekeh, the snake witch? She’s definitely going to kill him (totally scared)
Old woman: That’s the man’s intentions. He wants him dead.
Habbath: (scared) I have to go and save my brother. He must not die. (he runs away from the scene).
Old woman: (smiles) Underlings. (she transforms into a young woman and then disappears).

1 Like

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by yungclex: 10:29am On May 24, 2018
Pls continue
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by yungclex: 10:33am On May 24, 2018
I guess habbath is the taviour and he's a prince but something is missing there....pls continue am with you!
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 5:40pm On May 24, 2018
(The scene is brought to the palace. The king can be seen attending to state matters in scrolls inside the palace room. Then Ornah enters, holding a sword).
Dalsmy: (surprised) Ornah, what is the meaning of this?
Ornah: (looks at him daringly) My king, today is the day you die.
Dalsmy: (surprised) You dare plot treason against your King.
Ornah: I have to relieve you of your duties, my king. Don’t you think you are a burden to Lailand. The dark night comes during your time. I believe you have to die before we can escape the woes of the dark night.
Dalsmy: (surprised and scared) What’s the meaning of this? (calling outside) Nipen, are you there?
Ornah: Nipen has found his fate. He is currently on his way to his execution stage. He can’t help you.
Dalsmy: (still scared) What did you do to my Chief Guard?
Ornah: You should worry about yourself and forget about Nipen.
Dalsmy: (shouts) Guards. (the two guards at the entrance rushes in) Arrest Ornah immediately.
Guards: Yes, Your Highness. (Instead of arresting Ornah, they point their swords to the King).
Dalsmy: (surprised) What are you doing?
Ornah: My King, you can’t be saved. Today is really your day.
Dalsmy: (totally scared) You have everything planned. How dare you, Ornah plot against me? Now I understand. It was you all along. I used to wonder who has the courage to assassinate me. So it was you.
Ornah: I know you were suspecting of overthrowing you. I wasn’t trying to overthrow you, I just want to put a better person there. Someone that will help Lailand to conquer the woes, since you can’t.
Dalsmy: You are just doing this for your own selfish reasons.
Ornah: Let’s not waste time. I have to kill you now.
Dalsmy: (pitifully) Can you help me to take that chain over there? (pointing to a chain that’s being hanged inside the palace room).
Ornah: (curious) What’s the chain for?
Dalsmy: It’s a chain belonging to my forefathers. I just wish I die having it on.
Ornah: No problem.
(He orders a guard to give the King the chain. The King collects the chain and puts it on).
Dalsmy: (smiles) Now, I am ready. (From behind, Memex stabs him with a sword. He doesn’t even know who stabbed him. He just knows he’s being stabbed. He groans and dies immediately)
Ornah: Why did you stab him from the back? (curious)
Memex: He is my father, I don’t have the courage to let him know I am his killer.
Ornah: Shed will declare you the taviour in the next court meeting, once you’ve killed the snake witch.
Memex: (brings out a potion) This is the potion Calderie gave me to get rid of the snake witch. All I have to do is just to spray it on her.
Ornah: Get it done, then. Let me go and continue some things I have to do to install you as the king.
Memex: Okay.
(The scene is brought to the Jungle. Zachaeus can be seen looking at the jungle room from a distance. His disciples surround the area, having their weapons with them. He notices that the Sage isn’t alone inside the Jungle room, so he is being careful.
The inside of the jungle room is shown. AgePie can be seen sweating profusely. He is so scared, after discovering the area has been surrounded, and The Sage is still unconscious. He doesn’t know what to do. After a while, he decides to sneak out of the room, carrying the Sage along. As he steps out, Zachaeus stops him).
Zachaeus: (shouts loudly) Where do you think you are going with him?
AgePie: (scared) Zachaeus of Exelung, are you the one holding The Sage captive? I don’t believe you have such power. (confused).
Zachaeus: (smiles) I don’t care if I have such power to hold The Sage captive, all I know is he is dying. (to his disciples) Take him.
(The disciples move toward AgePie. AgePie is dealt with a lot of blows, and he is being stabbed with sword. He falls down, dropping The Sage he is carrying. As the disciples want to stab the Sage, their swords turn against them and start to fight them magically. Zachaeus is surprised at this, until he notices that The Sage is getting conscious).
The Sage: (after casting some spells) Zachaeus, you can’t kill me. My death isn’t in your hands.
Zachaeus: (surprised) I can kill you now, you are definitely still weak.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 8:37pm On May 24, 2018
Nice dear, carry on pls...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:00pm On May 24, 2018
The Sage: (scared) Truly I am still weak, but you won’t be able to get to me. (As Zachaeus wants to advance on him, The Sage touches AgePie, casts some spells, and they both disappear from the jungle).
Zachaeus: (hurt) Ah! (screams loudly) We lost him. I lost him. I failed again. I failed despite promising an impossible request to Calderie. Ah! (he screams out loudly again).
(flashback)
(The King of Lailand can be seen in a room, together with a man).
Rogge: My king, I know I suggested this, but it is too risky.
Dalsmy: I have to do it. Lately, there have been so many attempts to kill me. I must not die. I have to live. Lailand will be hopeless if I die.
Rogge: You want dark spirits to keep you alive even after death, you should know it would come with a price.
Dalsmy: (unconvinced) I don’t care about the price, I must not die, that’s the important part.
Rogge: (brings out a chain from a bag) This is the Chain of Latipul. When you notice you are about to die, be it sickness or attempt to kill you, have this chain on, you will be brought back to life.
Dalsmy: (as he collects the chain) Rogge, thanks. Can I have it on always?
Rogge: You don’t need to. Just make sure it is on you when you are about to die. Anytime you are suspecting you may die, make sure it is on you.
Dalsmy: You have to leave now. Make sure The Sage does not know you are in Lailand at all.
Rogge: (sighs) I understand, my King.
(back)
(The King wakes up in a cave. He does not recognize where he is. A voice starts to speak).
Malisteh: King Dalsmy. (in echo)
Dalsmy: (scared) Who is calling my name?
Malisteh: It is I, Malisteh.
Dalsmy: (surprised) Malisteh, the dark lady, so you really exist.
Malisteh: Sure, I do.
Dalsmy: (so scared) Where am I?
Malisteh: You are in the elderworld.
Dalsmy: (more scared) That means I am dead.
Malisteh: Yeah, you are.
Dalsmy: But …(he looks at the chain on his neck). The evil priest, Rogge, told me once I have this chain on, I can’t die.
Malisteh: (chuckles) You misquoted him. You would surely die, but be brought back to life.
Dalsmy: Really? Then what am I still doing here, return me back.
Malisteh: It is not that easy. To return back to life, you have to pay a price.
Dalsmy: What is the price?
Malisteh: You must give the Apple of Jayanah to me.
Dalsmy: (scared) Why is it that anytime you evil people want to ask something from us, it is always the Apple of Jayanah? Why are so hellbent on destroying Lailand?
Malisteh: You and the Sage had be disoriented. I don’t need the Apple of Jayanah to destroy Lailand. With or without the Apple of Jayanah, I can destroy Lailand in a second. Lailand doesn’t really need the Apple to stay undestroyed.
Dalsmy: (surprised) Really? Then, what exactly do you need the Apple of Jayanah for?
Malisteh: There are some things that are above your knowledge. There are things you can’t know.
Dalsmy: Then I can’t give you the Apple of Jayanah.
Malisteh: Then you will stay dead. I will still get the Apple from whomever is made King among your children.
Dalsmy: (scared) How can I trust you that Lailand won’t be destroyed if I hand over the Apple to you?
Malisteh: The fate of Lailand doesn’t rest upon one Apple. So many things contribute to the fate. Lailand will be destroyed with or without the Apple. I just need the Apple for something personal.
Dalsmy: I will return back to life and make sure Lailand isn’t destroyed. Since you are giving me your word that the Apple isn’t really necessary for Lailand to stay undestroyed, I will give you the Apple and work to make sure your mission to destroy the land is not accomplished.
Malisteh: (chuckles) You can try. Do we have a deal?
Dalsmy: Yes. How do I get it to you when I get back to life?
Malisteh: You need not worry about that. You will get the directives.
Dalsmy: Now, return me back to life.
Malisteh: When you return back to life, make sure the chain is always on you. It serves as the binding force separating you from the Elderworld where you now belong.
Dalsmy: I understand.
(Malisteh casts some spells and Dalsmy is returned to the world of the living).
(The scene is brought to the palace of Lailand. There is mourning all around as the news of the King’s death is being spread. The news is still being covered from being spread across the land, so the neigbouring lands won’t strike them before they choose a new King. The King’s corpse is being lain on the floor, and the court members are crying profusely).
Shed: (crying) I have an important announcement to make. (the court becomes a bit silent). We all know that the King, before his death ordered the triggering of the taviour spirit, so he could save us from the mess we are currently in. We’ve done as the King ordered and the Taviour has being revealed to us. (the court members are shocked, and are already anticipating to know who the taviour is). I hereby declare the taviour as… (sound of coughs can be heard from the King’s side. The court members are surprised but still not sure of exactly the place the coughs were coming from). Hope the cough didn’t come from where I thought it came from. (jokingly). Back to our previous discussion, the taviour is… (another series of coughs come from the King’s side, this time very clear it is from the King himself. The court members, noticing this, take to their heels. They scattered away, scared that a ghost is coughing).
Dalsmy: (as he coughs out) I am back… I am back strongly.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 10:15pm On May 24, 2018
(He sights Ornah trying to run away from the room. He chases towards him immediately until he catches up to him).
Ornah: (kneels down as the King catches up with him. He is very scared and surprised as he sees the King alive again) Please, my King, forgive me. It wasn’t my fault.
Dalsmy: (smiles) Ornah, I can’t die. I just let you try, so you can see that I can’t die.
Ornah: I understand, my King. Please, forgive me, don’t kill me.
Dalsmy: I am not here to harm you. I just want to let you know that you must not flee from the land.
Ornah: (surprised) I don’t understand what you are trying to say.
Dalsmy: I want you to be in the land, and still be among the court members. I have no ill mind towards you. I won’t kill you, and I won’t punish you. I want you to be the living example of someone that was trying to kill me. I want you to tell all your accomplices that the King can’t die no matter how much you try to kill me.
Ornah: (surprised) Thanks, my King. I won’t ever try such with you again. I will even warn everyone that wants to kill you, that you can’t be killed. I am very sorry, my King.
(The scene is brought to the streets of Lailand where the snakes are attacking the people, and killing them. Peekeh can be seen in the middle directing the snakes up and down. Calderie and Vanos arrive the scene with Nipen)
Peekeh: (surprised) Calderie, the powerful Mansard, I heard your spirit has being freed. I didn’t believe it, until I am seeing you now. What is the Chief Guard doing with you?
Calderie: You should know what Lailand did to us because of our powers. You were banned to Kilipi Jungle because of your powers. I was trapped in the Elderword because of my powers. If Lailand doesn’t want us in the land, then we take the land.
Peekeh: (sighs) That still doesn’t answer why you have the Chief Guard.
Calderie: I am just using him to settle the scores between his father and I. His father helped the Sage and the King in trapping my spirit. It was even his father that drugged me, so they could be able to achieve the evil aim towards me. I want you to kill him for me.
Peekeh: (smiles) With all pleasure.
Nipen: (scared) Please, spare me. I am ready to do anything you ask me to do.
Calderie: I need nothing from you, except for your death. (he throws Nipen towards the Snake witch).
Peekeh: (her snakes grab him waiting for order from her before striking him) Strike… (he is being interrupted by Memex, as he arrives the scene).
Memex: (arriving the scene) Stop.
Peekeh: (surprised) Who the hell are you?
Memex: (smiles) I am your nemesis. I am your end. I am the taviour.
Peekeh: (laughs uncontrollably) You, the taviour, I am quite amused.
Memex: (still smiling) Calderie, tell her.
Calderie: (smiles lightly) Show her instead. Show her your powers.
Memex: Okay. (brings out the potion and spray it on Peekeh) Die.
(As he sprayed the potion on her, she screams out angrily and orders her snakes to grab him immediately. The snakes begin to bite him mercilessly. He becomes unconscious immediately)
Peekeh: (angrily) Who gave this idiot Belinda Powder?
Calderie: (smiles) It was I. He wants to be the taviour by force.
Peekeh: (smiles) You are so wicked. (Habbath runs up to the scene sweating profusely).
Habbath: (breathing heavily) Please, spare my brother. Please, don’t kill him.
Calderie: You are too late, young man. I thought I warned you to leave Lailand immediately. It’s like you’ve come to die too, together with your brother.
Habbath: I can’t let you kill him. I won’t survive it, if he dies. I have to save him. (scared)
Peekeh: Then, maybe you should die alongside him.
(She orders her snakes to strike Nipen down. Habbath couldn’t understand the kind of anger he feels. Flames start to burn out of his body. With the anger inside him, he moves close to Peekeh and pushes her onto the ground. As he touched her, Peekeh’s body starts to dry up and she turns to ashes. All her snakes, also start to dry up and turn to ashes. All the citizens that were being bitten, but not dead yet start to heal immediately the Snake witch turned to ashes, including Memex. Everyone is surprised at this, as they shout loudly).
Everyone: (at the same time) Taviour! (They all bow down immediately).
Calderie: (his mouth is still not closed, as he is very surprised) What happened? The taviour’s spirit isn’t yet activated, so you are definitely not the taviour. So, what the hell happened?
Habbath: (as he runs to meet Nipen) Nipen, are you alright? Let’s leave this place.
Calderie: (still surprised) I can’t let you leave. I can’t let you live. I have to kill you right now. I can’t risk you being the taviour.
(As he is about to use his powers to kill both of them, flames fill up the area. The Sage appears, touches both Nipen and Habbath, and they all disappear from the scene).

(The scene is brought into a cave. The young woman that disguised as an old woman and directed Habbath to where Nipen was being taken is being shown kneeling down).
Snuke: (being the young woman) My lady, it is exactly as you prophesized.
Malisteh: (just the voice) Our plans are working perfectly. We will accomplish our mission very soon. Make sure to take care of the man.
Snuke: Yes, my lady.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 9:18am On May 25, 2018
Wow, who would have known that Nipen was this graced to have had the split eye as a girlfriend and the taviour as his brother... Nice going, Silver, shoot on! cool
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:33am On May 25, 2018
EPISODE SEVEN (WYFO STAR)
(The palace room is being shown. The court is filled with the court members. The king is also present).
Dalsmy: (to The Sage) I was quite surprised when I heard the news that the taviour has been revealed, and he helped in killing the Snake witch. So what do you mean now that he is not the taviour?
The Sage: The young man is not the taviour. He is just a Wyfo star. (the court is filled with murmurs as they are surprised).
Dalsmy: (surprised) A Wyfo star? Do they really exist? I thought Wyfo star story is just a folklore story.
The Sage: My king, Wyfo star really exists. It is just being used by us, powerful people to pray for our respective land. Though I haven’t seen one ever before, but I made my findings, and I realized that the man is just one.
Tedder: I think there is sense in what the Sage is saying. The young man we are even talking about here is not the King’s son, so he definitely can’t be the taviour.
Vale: (sighs) I am not saying the man is the taviour, but I used to think the Wyfo star story is just a story being told by elders to make young ones pray more for their land. I don’t believe the story is really true.
Remton: Are you trying to say The Sage is lying? Let’s use our brain. This man can never be the taviour. The taviour spirit is not yet awakened, so why will anyone be the taviour yet?
Dalsmy: (to the Sage) My High Sage, I believe you. Just make sure once the taviour spirit is awakened, we don’t loose it like we lost the Split Eye.
The Sage: (bowing down) I won’t disappoint you, my King. We will surely have the taviour.
Dalsmy: My Sage, I was told that Calderie is back in the land, and I know that he can’t be freed without your powers. Why did you free him?
The Sage: (scared) The work was done by his agents. They overtook my body and used my powers to free him from the elderworld.
Dalsmy: The main reason we trapped his spirit is because of his powers. Now he is already using his powers to turn the land upside down. I heard that he tried to feed the prince, Memex to the snake witch.
The Sage: My King, I will begin plans on how to trap his spirit again like we did before.
Dalsmy: Do you think you can do it? Because he won’t be tricked like he was then?
The Sage: He may have unbelievable powers, but he can still tricked. I will begin plans on how to trap him immediately, my King.
Dalsmy: I believe you won’t fail me, My Sage.
The Sage: I promise, my King.
Dalsmy: The court is dismissed.
(The court members leave the palace immediately, leaving the King in the palace room. Few hours later, the King comes out, only to see The Sage sneaking out of the Queen’s room. He is being surprised because he thought the Sage has left since together with other court members. He makes sure the Sage doesn’t see him, as the Sage left the palace. He then goes to meet the guard by the gate).
Guard: (bowing) My King!
Dalsmy: (silently) Don’t shout. I just want to ask you something.
Guard: (curious) What’s that, my King?
Dalsmy: Did the Sage leave the palace and come back?
Guard: No, he just left the palace now.
Dalsmy: (shocked) The Sage just left?
Guard: Yes, my King. I thought you were both having a private conversation inside the palace room. Is that not so, my King?
Dalsmy: It is. We were having a conversation.
Guard: Then why do you seem surprised that he is just leaving?
Dalsmy: Nothing. (he leaves)

1 Like

Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by Favyo(f): 8:07pm On May 25, 2018
There is something the queen and the sage are not both telling us... Thanks for the update, Silver, I love the twists! Fire on dear!
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by yungclex: 8:31pm On May 25, 2018
He's the tavious because the story tell us only the taviour can kill snake witch...i guess he's a prince and the secret is known to sage and the queen but sage is protecting the taviour by lieing to be a wyfo star.....keep on dear,am enjoying this..pls post more tonight,i brought card because of this...
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by SilverSpoonEnt: 9:02pm On May 25, 2018
(The scene is brought to The Sage’s abode. The Sage and AgePie are there)
The Sage: (totally confused) I still can’t understand how agents of Mansard are able to take over my soul. The spell they used requires a lot of powers, and they must have definitely needed my blood. How did they get my blood?
AgePie: (scared) Maybe they didn’t use your blood. You know they are quite powerful. They might have used other means.
The Sage: (chuckles) It’s not possible to make that kind of spell on me without using my blood. They must have gotten it somehow. We really need to be very careful from now on.
AgePie: That’s true.
The Sage: Also, I need to see Lete. The last time I saw him, he mistakenly pinched my skin, and I lost a bit of blood. Maybe it wasn’t a mistake. I have to see him.
AgePie: (scared) Okay, sir. (quickly diverts the topic) Is it true that Habbath is a Wyfo star? I also don’t really believe the story.
The Sage: He really is.
AgePie: (shakes head) Really? That’s amazing. I still don’t know how you find out he is a Wyfo star.
The Sage: (looks at him) Are you doubting me?
AgePie: No, I am not doubting you, I am just having this feeling that you are using the Wyfo story to protect him. If people think he is the taviour, his life will really be in the danger.
The Sage: You are a fool, how will he be the taviour when the taviour’s spirit hasn’t been activated yet?
AgePie: I have seen more suprising things. (Nipen enters the room in haste)
Nipen: (to the Sage) It is true. All the guards testified to it. What do you think really happened?
The Sage: (surprised) You are telling me the King really died but came back to life.
Nipen: Yeah, but the King is trying to deny it saying he didn’t die but was just unconscious.
The Sage: (confused) How could he have come back from the dead? I don’t understand this.
AgePie: Do you think the dark lady is involved in this?
The Sage: (shakes head) I don’t know. Malisteh doesn’t have the ability to bring him back to life, since he is not a god. So I can’t place these things.
Nipen: There’s another thing. The guard I bribed told me something. He said ever since the incident happened, the King always have a particular chain on his neck, even when going to the bathroom to bath.
AgePie: That doesn’t mean anything. It could just be a normal chain.
The Sage: Yeah, it could be, and it could be not. Since we don’t have any other clue, maybe we should start our investigation from there. I will take a good look at the chain next time I see the King.
(The scene is brought to Nipen and Habbath’s house)
Nipen: (as he enters the room, meeting Habbath reading a scripture) Habbath.
Habbath: Nipen, you should be resting after everything that happened. You shouldn’t be running around like this.
Nipen: I am fine. I am just grateful to you for being there for me, despite being my younger brother.
Habbath: (jokingly) Maybe I am your protector, not the other way around as you used to say.
Nipen: You are funny. You said you want to tell me something.
Habbath: The man that abducted said something. He said I am not Mity’s son. What does he mean?
Nipen: (smiles) He just wanted to get into your head. You are Mity’s son. You are my brother.
Habbath: (confused) Are you sure?
Nipen: Are you believing an evil wizard over your own brother? I still remember the day our mother gave birth to you. She died the same day. (his voice shakes as he gets emotional).
Habbath: (sad) Please, I am sorry. I won’t bring up something like this up again.
Nipen: (clears his throat) I didn’t have the opportunity to ask The Sage the meaning of Wyfo star. Will you tell me?
Habbath: (chuckles) Wyfo star story used to be a folklore story. A Wyfo star is a star that shows up in the sky like all other stars, once in three years. It comes up in the sixth month of the year. All powerful men pray on the day the star comes up against evils in their respective land. Normally, no child can be born on this day, but any lucky child that is luckily born on this day will be a Wyfo star.
Nipen: (surprised) How come we normal men can’t see the star?
Habbath: It is like all other stars, only the powerful men can figure it out. The day The Sage got taken by Zachaeus, can you remember that Zachaeus was having a special prayer at Arti Temple.
Nipen: (recollecting) Yeah!
Habbath: That day was a Wyfo day.
Nipen: So, being a Wyfo star, how were you able to kill the Snake witch?
Habbath: The snake witch issue is an evil in Lailand. A Wyfo star can kill her.
Nipen: (anxious) Really? That means you can be helping us in all of our issues.
Habbath: (smiles) Being a Wyfo star, the power only has one shot. It can only be used once. I used mine against the snake witch, and I can’t have such power again.
Nipen: Oh, I understand now.
Re: Woes Of The Dark Night by yungclex: 9:13pm On May 25, 2018
Pls dear,dont stop here....am still with you.pls post more like double updates.....ride on,you gonna be a star!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Son Of Hade (supernatural) Story / Chimamanda Adichie Wins Grand Women’s Prize For Half Of A Yellow Sun (Photo) / If You Were Asked To Write A Book About Your Life, What Would The Title Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.