Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,558 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List (18678 Views)

Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today / Imo, Abia, Osun Top UTME, JAMB Blacklists 116 Centres / FG Approves Four New Private Universities In Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Chukazu: 9:17am On Mar 08, 2018
DateMynd44:
Imo always topping every year.
Seems it's the only educated state in the whole of South East

The only state that lags behind in South East is Ebonyi..the rest are among top 10

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Abogwara: 9:27am On Mar 08, 2018
ayzTIGER:
guy stop lying na. Either your not from IMO state or your a paid agent. Okorochas free education is a sham.

What makes it sham? Because PDP argued that it's impossible and Okorocha made it possible then you all go about calling it sham or looking for reasons to prove it's impossible.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by 6pax: 9:35am On Mar 08, 2018
Kudos to Rochas for maintaining the IMO education tradition of being the most educated state. His free education has really help so many poor parents. And note: IMO free education policy is as real as reality. Though Imo state has been topping this list as far as when JAMB started compiling their list. In fact never seen a list with IMO coming second or the second even coming close. This year's table is about the the closets the second rated state gets to Imo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by scholes0(m): 9:35am On Mar 08, 2018
I dey shame for oyo state... smh

What is the population of Osun compared to OYO that both states will be having similar candidature numbers? I pity Oyo.

Number 4 is either Ogun or Anambra..... I can bet my all my present bank savings.

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by NOC1(m): 9:40am On Mar 08, 2018
ayzTIGER:
guy stop lying na. Either your not from IMO state or your a paid agent. Okorochas free education is a sham.

bro i am from Imo State Mbaise to be precise, I am also comfortably working outside southeast with a nice pay so i dont see the reason to be under the payroll of Okorocha.
i will advise you to stop speaking out of hatred the worst man on earth must have done something right for once, and where he is good try to commend him.

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Teacher1776(m): 9:41am On Mar 08, 2018
emmalexabl:
It's not about the free education scam in IMO state but all about imolites penchant for higher education.,

...if my memory serves me right., IMO state has topped that list from time immemorial even before your so called "free education "..
Exactly. Imo has always been on top as long as my memory can serve me.

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by kurt09(m): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2018
agadez007:
angry

Pls,there is no free Education in Imo state, why is okorocha deceiving himself,my cousin just graduated from Imsu and as a non-indegene he paid a Whooping 360 thousand naira for School fees while Indegenes are paying 160k

Pls guys investigate before posting
Free education for Imo indigenes.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 08, 2018
agadez007:
angry

Pls,there is no free Education in Imo state, why is okorocha deceiving himself,my cousin just graduated from Imsu and as a non-indegene he paid a Whooping 360 thousand naira for School fees while Indegenes are paying 160k

Pls guys investigate before posting

But Nina of #BBNaija, in one of her gists with a fellow housemate, said that she is on free education and that she has never paid school fees in her life. She is student of IMSU and a native of Imo state.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by kurt09(m): 9:50am On Mar 08, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:
[s][/s]

Mr. Man stop defending that rotten fake education, you know nothing about it
My friend that graduated last year benefited from the free education.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by kurt09(m): 9:52am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

bro i am from Imo State Mbaise to be precise, I am also comfortably working outside southeast with a nice pay so i dont see the reason to be under the payroll of Okorocha.
i will advise you to stop speaking out of hatred the worst man on earth must have done something right for once, and where he is good try to commend him.
Don't mind IPOB youths filled with hatred.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by IKEGOD21(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2018
Why always Imo?

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by kernel504(m): 9:58am On Mar 08, 2018
DateMynd44:
Imo always topping every year. Seems it's the only educated state in the whole of South East

Check performance of other Eastern states, is not just IMO, we're doing well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by mich2012: 9:59am On Mar 08, 2018
That's the state to beat.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by NOC1(m): 10:01am On Mar 08, 2018
TheSorrowfulMan:
[s][/s]

Mr. Man stop defending that rotten fake education, you know nothing about it

my Brother, the only thing i know is that my relations benefited from it and they did not come asking for school fees rather they asked for pocket money, so i was able to save more.

since you know more i will advise you to come-up with a write-up and expose the ills in the free education.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:06am On Mar 08, 2018
humilitypays:
IMO state is one of the most educated state in Nigeria, followed by Osun, Ekiti, Anambra and Oyo.

In 20 years to come, every IMO indigene below the age of 40 will be a graduate.

Still, I respect Anambra more because its not by paper qualification, what u do with it matters most and Anambra people have proven to be the most successful State in Nigeria with or without formal education. Those guys are genius, born business experts and professors, twale Anambra smiley
Leading states in Education are IMO, Delta, Anambra,
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:15am On Mar 08, 2018
2017 Complete JAMB Statistics For All States l

The JAMB Registrar noted that six southern states registered the highest number of candidates for this year’s examination. Imo led with 123, 865, followed by Delta- 88,876; Anambra- 84,204; Osun- 73, 935; Oyo- 71, 272 and Ogun with 71, 173.

Also, six northern states, including Jigawa- 11, 529, Kebbi- 7, 364; Yobe- 6, 389; Zamfara- 5, 713; Sokoto, 5,664 and FCT with 3, 380 recorded the lowest number of candidates just as other states fell within the average.
According to Prof. Ojerinde, 901 of the candidates scored 270 and above, 72,243 made between 250 – 269; 601,151 scored 200 – 249; 374, 920 scored 170 – 199 while 336, 330 failed as they scored 170 which is below the 180 cut-off mark.
Ojerinde further said that 833, 082 of the applicants were males while 660,522 were females, representing 55.78 percent and 44.22 percent respectively.

On universities mostly preferred by candidates, Ojerinde said that 11 institutions stood out with the University of Lagos topping the list 83, 865 candidates followed closely by the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka with 82,148 while the University of Benin came third with 80,048 candidates.
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN, he also said was the fourth preferred institution with 79, 398, followed by the University of Ilorin, UNILORIN with 76,276.

The sixth most preferred university was the Obafemi Awolowo University,; OAU, Ile-Ife with 64,702 followed by the Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, with 56,708.
Also the ABU was followed by the University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT, with 48,439 candidates; University of Uyo, -44,397; Imo state University, -43,353 and University of Ibadan, UI with 40,011.
JAMB chief said, “Our experience this time is consistent with the previous trends- that Nigerians have a higher preference for some universities ahead of other tertiary institutions.
”Unfortunately those universities still have constraints with 83,865 candidates recorded being the highest applications (less than last year’s) 99, 115 (for the best preferred).
’’ However, from the carrying capacity figure, the National Universities Commission, NUC can admit only 9,507. These figure are only for most preferred choice and do not include those who chose UNILAG as their second choice”

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by 36STATES: 10:20am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

Shameless fool, you don't know where Mba 5 is .
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Bishops10(m): 10:20am On Mar 08, 2018
For your legit jamb runz Contact me on 08176255344 (whatsapp /call) 5k for Four papers You get your questions and answers few hours before the exam It's very genuine
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by UDIOK: 10:20am On Mar 08, 2018
NaijaMutant:
We have taken over grin grin grin

We have turned the tables
When the result is out also show the table o....i rest my case
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by noah91(m): 10:25am On Mar 08, 2018
scholes0:

What is the population of Osun compared to OYO that both states will be having similar candidature numbers? I pity Oyo.

Number 4 is either Ogun or Anambra..... I can bet my all my present bank savings.

It's not by population of the state if not Lagos would have topped the list. It's by state of origin.
Am sure based on region, it will be in the ranking: SW, SE, SS, NC, NW and NE
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by BeijinDossier: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2018
Ordinary list of applicants?

When the result is out we know the states that will lead the pack.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by NOC1(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2018
36STATES:

Shameless fool, you don't know where Mba 5 is .

Hahaha, little boy grow up and stop throwing tantrums.

I am from Ahiazu LGA bro.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by scholes0(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2018
noah91:

It's not by population of the state if not Lagos would have topped the list. It's by state of origin.
Am sure based on region, it will be in the ranking: SW, SE, SS, NC, NW and NE

That is what I am saying, we aren't saying different things.

Are you telling me that Osun and Oyo state have similar populations?

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by noah91(m): 10:56am On Mar 08, 2018
scholes0:

That is what I am saying, we aren't saying different things.

Are you telling me that Osun and Oyo state have similar populations?
You are right tho. Oyo has more indigenes than Osun
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by kernel504(m): 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2018
tinnyailes:
Lagos children don focus on yahoo grin grin...afterall no be by book

They still have the highest number of applicants, but state of origin exposes them.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by agadez007(m): 12:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
scaramucci:

But Nina of #BBNaija, in one of her gists with a fellow housemate, said that she is on free education and that she has never paid school fees in her life. She is student of IMSU and a native of Imo state.
that girl be like person wey dey school?

Natives of Imo state are paying 100k plus while non-Indegenes are paying up to 350k plus that's for a five year course, if you add the Ancillary fee of 70k taken before he got admission its better he went to a private school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2018
scholes0:

Yoruba people and their archaic rivalry. Shut up olo gbe ni
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by LZAA: 12:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
nuelzy:
Its not having the highest number of jambites

Bt how many of them actually get admitted... Or employed after school??

Little wonder they also top in prostitution

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by scholes0(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2018
ricktnum:
Yoruba people and their archaic rivalry. Shut up olo gbe ni

You can’t even write Yoruba properly and you are saying shite.
You don’t know what rivalry is either. So stfu and get off my mentions!

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by kenechi072: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
I think Imo has the highest number of state indigenes in southern Nigeria(SE, SS, SW). Even in the civil service, Imo state is the highest then Kogi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIOSUN Student Attacked For Refusing To Join Cult / Date 4 Kwara Poly Post Jamb Exam / How I Was Scammed By A Jamb Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.