Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List (18610 Views)

Top JAMB Scorers And Where They Are Today / Imo, Abia, Osun Top UTME, JAMB Blacklists 116 Centres / FG Approves Four New Private Universities In Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by maimalari: 6:01am On Mar 08, 2018
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says Imo State, for the third year running, topped the number of applications for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with 92,890 candidates.

The state was closely followed by Oyo (86,695) and Osun with 86,044 applicants.

Sokoto, Zamfara and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) had the least applicants with 13,456, 10,077 and 6,418 candidates

It will be recalled that the State Governor announced free university education for all imo citizens in the state, hence the rise in applicants from the state over the last 3 years.

http://thenationonlineng.net/imo-oyo-osun-top-utme-candidates-list/

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by emmalexabl(m): 6:56am On Mar 08, 2018
It's not about the free education scam in IMO state but all about imolites penchant for higher education.,

...if my memory serves me right., IMO state has topped that list from time immemorial even before your so called "free education "..

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by NOC1(m): 7:21am On Mar 08, 2018
emmalexabl:
It's not about the free education scam in IMO state but all about imolites penchant for higher education.,

...if my memory serves me right., IMO state has topped that list from time immemorial even before your so called "free education "..

Calling a free education that my relations benefited from as a scam is unacceptable to me. Please quietly ask some state institutions how much they are paying as school fees, then go and ask a student from IMSU how much he or she is paying.
Okorocha might be a failure in other areas of governance but I don't see him as one when it comes to education sector.
I might not agree that the free education was the reason why the state topped the chat, some other factors like civil unrest in some part of the country might have been the major reason, most parents have sent there children back to there states.
On Imo state topping the chat for time imemorial is a record I chose to stay quiet on until I make my research on, but I will like you to furnish me with your data on it. However jamb on there write-up said it is for the third year which implies that it has not been only Imo state thing. "Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says Imo State, for the third year running, topped the number of applications for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with 92,890 candidates".[color=#990000][/color]

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by NaijaMutant(f): 8:14am On Mar 08, 2018
We have taken over grin grin grin

We have turned the tables

11 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by tundeayo2020: 8:14am On Mar 08, 2018
Jamb/pume be changing people's destiny anyhow. Aspiring medical doctors turned into farmers, Engineers turned into surveyors/mathematicians, Lawyers turned into historians. and the list continues.

I mean why can't we adopt the modality been used by the Americans to admit students into there various tertiary institutions.

Why decide the fate of a child with just one exam, why not base this on the child's previous performances right from the child's JSS1 term result.

The 80% of the top students in my class with excellent grades in my days couldn't get into any versity, while 95% of the dullards managed to bribe their way into top universities.

And we wonder why we have clueless/brainless leaders

5 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Jamiubond009(m): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2018
K
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by DateMynd44(m): 8:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Imo always topping every year. Seems it's the only educated state in the whole of South East

7 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by humilitypays(m): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2018
IMO state is one of the most educated state in Nigeria, followed by Osun, Ekiti, Anambra and Oyo.

In 20 years to come, every IMO indigene below the age of 40 will be a graduate.

Still, I respect Anambra more because its not by paper qualification, what u do with it matters most and Anambra people have proven to be the most successful State in Nigeria with or without formal education. Those guys are genius, born business experts and professors, twale Anambra smiley

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 08, 2018
The desire for higher education is high in IMO state. Virtually every family now has a graduate. The zeal and ambition for academics has been in IMO right from the 80's. So I'm not surprised with the statistics. My worry is that at the end nearly half of that number wouldn't secure admission owing to the scam federal character setup to favour some people regardless of score attained.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Cmarketer(m): 8:18am On Mar 08, 2018
A good venture like FREE EDUCATION at any level by any state governor ,is a laudable and commendable achievement. Okorocha thumps up for you.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
Imo state has been leading for the past 17 years or more, and it does not have anything to do with Okorocha's free Education

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Babamide(m): 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
Is this based on state of origin or state of residence? Lagos people no dey do UTME?
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
emmalexabl:

Just negodu this ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by stefanweeks: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

Calling a free education that my relations benefited from as a scam is unacceptable to me. Please quietly ask some state institutions how much they are paying as school fees, then go and ask a student from IMSU how much he or she is paying.
Okorocha might be a failure in other areas of governance but I don't see him as one when it comes to education sector.
I might not agree that the free education was the reason why the state topped the chat, some other factors like civil unrest in some part of the country might have been the major reason, most parents have sent there children back to there states.
On Imo state topping the chat for time imemorial is a record I chose to stay quiet on until I make my research on, but I will like you to furnish me with your data on it. However jamb on there write-up said it is for the third year which implies that it has not been only Imo state thing. "Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says Imo State, for the third year running, topped the number of applications for this year’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with 92,890 candidates".[color=#990000][/color]

Jamb said third year running

meaning consecutively

My point; the person you quoted maybe right by saying immemorial however statistics would clear any doubt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Biggty(m): 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
But what is with Zamfara state and yobe state always coming last in anything related to education?

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by zolajpower: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

Seun should just add thumbs - up emoji here ,so.i can give u. Atleast one can say something good about the state unlike my gov who choose to lick iboris ass all.year round.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by coolie1: 8:20am On Mar 08, 2018
Lagos boys don tire to dey write jamb cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by nuelzy: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2018
Its not having the highest number of jambites

Bt how many of them actually get admitted... Or employed after school??
Little wonder they also top in prostitution

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by silverspringle(f): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

The guy u quoted is very correct. I think its recently that other states except Ekiti started competing with Imo when it comes to education. Tho i doubt Rochas free education is a scam cos i know people that benefited from it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by khalhokage(m): 8:23am On Mar 08, 2018
Northern states with all their population are still lagging behind in interest in education.

2 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by ayzTIGER: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

guy stop lying na. Either your not from IMO state or your a paid agent. Okorochas free education is a sham.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Flye: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

ok
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by agadez007(m): 8:27am On Mar 08, 2018
angry

Pls,there is no free Education in Imo state, why is okorocha deceiving himself,my cousin just graduated from Imsu and as a non-indegene he paid a Whooping 360 thousand naira for School fees while Indegenes are paying 160k

Pls guys investigate before posting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Ikegagwuha: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2018
We bless God for Imo State

3 Likes

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Jethrolite(m): 8:36am On Mar 08, 2018
NOC1:

The point is, if it is not free, do not call it free.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by KrystosCJ(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2018
They came. They applied. They may just conquer JAMB.
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by tinnyailes(m): 8:46am On Mar 08, 2018
Lagos children don focus on yahoo grin grin...afterall no be by book
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Chukazu: 9:07am On Mar 08, 2018
Imo got no rivals in enrollment.

Kudos to Okoracha for maintaining the tradition
Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Biodun556(m): 9:08am On Mar 08, 2018
IMO state indigen not IMO state residence. How many secondary schools are in IMO compare to Lagos?

They could mean all IMO state students who register for Jamb all over Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List by Chukazu: 9:09am On Mar 08, 2018
khalhokage:
Northern states with all their population are still lagging behind in interest in education.

When it comes to Amajiris and under age voting we know how far...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The English Name For IGBAKO.. / Is It Legal To Take Two Undergraduate Courses Simultaneously? / Riot In Bida Poly "Missing Male Organs"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.