Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From (16016 Views)

Doug Emhoff: 10 Things To Know About Kamala Harris' Husband / Kamala Harris: 10 Things You Don't Know About The US Vice President (Photos) / Six Things Women In Saudi Arabia Cannot Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by revolt(m): 5:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
yungcyrus:
Women are not allowed to see certain masquerades in my village
men aren't allowed to visit female hostels in most places. But females walk into men's hostels as they like. They even sleep wen they desire.
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by revolt(m): 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
moscobabs:
Women are not allowed to see Oro (curvew)

Women are not allowed call for Solat in Islam

Women are not allowed to be a pastor according to Bible

Then God never allowed women to be head of family

Men and women can never be equal
liar..CGM is headed by a woman. A multimillion dollar industry.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by marunga(m): 5:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
iceadonis:
cool shocked

....please cAn you tell us Wat a man is and wat a woman is... (and of course.. .dont tell me the general definition which was definitely written by another man)
man is the head of family( his wife and children) and the head of man is Christ. Woman is the helper of her man when he run/manage his family
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by John8587(m): 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
GloriaNinja:
undecided I HATE SAUDI ARABIA...VERY WEIRD PLACE FOR WOMEN

Yeah and if someone offered to take you there now you'll be dying to go. Msew some people self
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Shafiiimran99: 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2018
iceadonis:
cool shocked

....please cAn you tell us Wat a man is and wat a woman is... (and of course.. .dont tell me the general definition which was definitely written by another man)
Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everythin better. So it is matter of nature by someone else defination.
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Ayaba03(f): 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
Enskynelson:
To celebrate this year International Women’s Day, we will be looking at TOP 10 things women have been banned from around the world

1. In Yemen, a woman is not recognized as a full witness. She is rather bizarrely a half witness.
2. A woman has no voting right in Vatican
3. A woman cannot propose to a man in Delaware. She would be charged for disorderly conduct if caught.
4. Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia
5. Women were banned in Iran from watching the World Cup
6. In Charlotte, North Carolina, women’s bodies must be covered with at least 16 yards of fabric at all times.
7. In 2003, Saudi Arabia banned women and girls from buying baby dolls (You remember Chucky in “Child’s Play”? I’m sure you don’t wanna play)
8. In Arcadia, women are not allowed to drink coffee after 6PM
9. A woman is banned from walking nude in her hotel room and guess where? …China! And for sure, bathroom not inclusive.
10. Lastly, women are not allowed to enter a cemetery in … yea, in Saudi Arabia (you can’t pay respect at the grave of relatives).

https://manaija.com/top-10-things-women-have-been-banned-from-around-the-world/

Always get your fact right before posting them online.
No 4 Women can now drive in saudi arabia
No 10 Muslim women generally are not allowed to visit the grave yard. its not only saudi women. It is believed that women are more emotional than men and may break down into tears or even faint.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by wtfcoded: 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
Food n zaa oza room.
Case closed
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by moscobabs(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
revolt:
liar..CGM is headed by a woman. A multimillion dollar industry.
Who's talking about industry here, I'm giving facts from the 3 major religions and from God himself
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Ayaba03(f): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
GloriaNinja:
God help you
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by awennie(f): 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2018
marunga:
we want to force gender equality and naturally it can't be possible.

men will always be men and women will always be women.

No one can cheat nature.

Celebrating International women's Day is not about equality of men and women. women cannot be equal with men... we are differently created.
The point however is that, a woman should be given opportunities. A woman should not be objectified. She should be respected for her intellectual capacity and not as a sex objects. To encourage and allow women to fully realise their potentials .

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by marunga(m): 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2018
iceadonis:
cool shocked

(and of course.. .dont tell me the general definition which was definitely written by another man)
OK, you have a vagina and I have a penis.
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by marunga(m): 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2018
awennie:

Celebrating International women's Day is not about equality of men and women. women cannot be equal with men... we are differently created.
The point however is that, a woman should be given opportunities. A woman should not be objectified. She should be respected for her intellectual capacity and not as a sex objects. To encourage and allow women to fully realise their potentials .
BY WHO?
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Mydazz(m): 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
ElChidi:
Nos 3 to 6 are not true, not sure of others.
Women now drive and also vote and even contest political post in Saudi Arabia,...... OP check your facts, times are changing

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by adekS1(m): 6:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
Amirullaha:
11. In Nigeria; A woman cannot be the head of the house even if she is the one taking care of the family...
Tell me any country where a woman is the head of d house even if she is feeding the world
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Enskynelson(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ayaba03:
Always get your fact right before posting them online.
No 4 Women can now drive in saudi arabia
No 10 Muslim women generally are not allowed to visit the grave yard. its not only saudi women. It is believed that women are more emotional than men and may break down into tears or even f
aint.
4. Effective from June 2018.
10. So, are women banned from visiting the grave in Nigeria? How can u say it is banned everywhere
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Sunnah1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
GloriaNinja:
Saudi Arabia not for your type.
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Ayaba03(f): 6:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
Enskynelson:

4. Effective from June 2018.
10. So, are women banned from visiting the grave in Nigeria? How can u say it is banned everywhere
I said muslim women in general. i didnt say Nigeria as a whole. Ask a learned muslim around you.
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Enskynelson(m): 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ayaba03:
I said muslim women in general. i didnt say Nigeria as a whole. Ask a learned muslim around you.
funny u. Does that make what I wrote a lie?
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by revolt(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
moscobabs:

Who's talking about industry here, I'm giving facts from the 3 major religions and from God himself
CGM IS CHURCH OF GOD MISSION...UTS A CHURCH....or u no know say church na business
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by ceononi: 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
Enskynelson:
To celebrate this year International Women’s Day, we will be looking at TOP 10 things women have been banned from around the world

1. In Yemen, a woman is not recognized as a full witness. She is rather bizarrely a half witness.
2. A woman has no voting right in Vatican
3. A woman cannot propose to a man in Delaware. She would be charged for disorderly conduct if caught.
4. Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia
5. Women were banned in Iran from watching the World Cup
6. In Charlotte, North Carolina, women’s bodies must be covered with at least 16 yards of fabric at all times.
7. In 2003, Saudi Arabia banned women and girls from buying baby dolls (You remember Chucky in “Child’s Play”? I’m sure you don’t wanna play)
8. In Arcadia, women are not allowed to drink coffee after 6PM
9. A woman is banned from walking nude in her hotel room and guess where? …China! And for sure, bathroom not inclusive.
10. Lastly, women are not allowed to enter a cemetery in … yea, in Saudi Arabia (you can’t pay respect at the grave of relatives).

https://manaija.com/top-10-things-women-have-been-banned-from-around-the-world/

Please confirm that no 4.....Think they do now
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Willexmania(m): 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2018
Enskynelson:

kindly check the date they said it will be implemented. When next you want to counter things, do it with facts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-41408195
oyekanwahab:

not correct anymore get your fact right
OP is wrong. women can drive now in saudi arabia. i've seen several pictures of women driving in saudi. i mean, common, this was implemented as early as 2017.
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by kaymical(m): 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
Ugoeze2016:
We love our women dearly

No ban on women in Nigeria

At least Nigeria is good for something
is not that we don't want to ban them but many of them will resist the ban.....lol
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by oyekanwahab(m): 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
Enskynelson:

So, u think you have facts? Read this and see the date they said it will be implemented. Thank you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-41408195

news from 2017
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by moscobabs(m): 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
revolt:
CGM IS CHURCH OF GOD MISSION...UTS A CHURCH....or u no know say church na business
Lol but God actually against it
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2018
Shout out to all the beautiful, amazing women in the world.

Who run the world

Girls!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
Happy international women's day

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by JennieCutie4U(f): 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
Amirullaha:
11. In Nigeria; A woman cannot be the head of the house even if she is the one taking care of the family...
But in BBNaija a woman can be head of house eg. Bam Bam

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Enskynelson(m): 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
oyekanwahab:

news from 2017

bring you own that states it has been implemented let me see. As if you dont know it takes processes to lift a ban. The review only began last year and expected to be lifted by June 2018.
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Enskynelson(m): 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2018
Willexmania:

OP is wrong. women can drive now in saudi arabia. i've seen several pictures of women driving in saudi. i mean, common, this was implemented as early as 2017.

Pictures of a woman possibly in a car in a garrage. Pls provide a more clear evidence aside that and I will accept that. At least the news I shared cleared stated that it will be implemented in June 2018 to back up my claim. Where is your evidence pls?
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by wildkat: 12:28am On Mar 09, 2018
That number 5 is just provoking me
Re: Top 10 Things Women Have Been Banned From by Ugoeze2016: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2018
kaymical:
is not that we don't want to ban them but many of them will resist the ban.....lol

grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Epstein Accuser Claims Paedophile Had Sex Tapes Of Trump, Clinton, Andrew And... / Iran Will Raze Tel Aviv To Ground If Israel Attacks: Ayatollah Khamenei / Indian Navy Recaptures Ship From Somali Pirates And Rescues 17 Crew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.