Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,305 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Why Do You Blog? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Do You Blog? (888 Views)

Need An Android App For You Blog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Blog? by Fongido(m): 7:30pm On Mar 08, 2018
Blogging

Why do you blog?

I've heard stories of some people getting frustrated and quit blogging.
I've seen dead blogs all over the internet.

Some people always get it wrong when it comes to blogging.
Most, their primary purpose of blogging is to make money which should be secondary.
If money is why you come into blogging it'll turn you into a twisted being.

What is Blogging?

A blog is a channel where you share your thoughts. Think of it as a public journal, diary, or even book. You can share personal thoughts, quick updates, or even educate others on what you learned.

Blogging is just like buying a jotter, diary or book to write about something that interests you. Do you expect to get paid for that? The only difference is you'll share it on internet, and that's a huge advantage to you, why?
It is a great tool for networking.
Because it is a great way to get feedback from others. In which people can leave comments and give you advice.”
If you do it right – a blog can be a tool to drive serious change, build yourself as an authority or build a community of like-minded people to connect with.
A blog is also a good reason to learn more about your industry. As you are always looking for new angles to write about you read more and when you’re writing you research more about the topic. So it’s a fantastic education tool.

How should you blog?
Rule 1 : Don't do it for money
Rule 2 : Let it be what you love

Choose a niche you have passion for.
Is it food, health, fitness, inspiration, technology, education, news, stories etc

Make sure your niche (what you want to blog about) is what you have passion for. Believe me you'll enjoy it and won't even feel any pressure.

Don't choose a niche because it fetches a lot of traffic like news, music etc blog.
No if you do it well the traffic and the money will come naturally.

Case Study :
Mark Zuckerberg

Mark sole aim was to connect the world.
Mark rejected many offers to buy facebook bcoz it didn't do it for money. The purpose was to connect people. His dreams and aim has nothing to do with money. He was glad to be a reason behind connecting people.
The biggest offer to buy facebook was yahoo one billion dollar offer. It was too good to be rejected and facebook then had a gloomy future.
Mark was bold enough to reject the offer. His team was disappointed and they left him. He didn't give up.
Today Mark Zuckerberg is 5th richest man in the world and the founder of yahoo is nowhere to be found.
Facebook is more valuable than yahoo.
That's what passion and selflessness can get you.
If Mark was selfish and he did it for money he wouldn't be what he is today.
He wanted to serve humanity. To make people able to connect with each other.

It's worth emulating. I have never seen a selfless effort not rewarded.

Take a look at Jeff Bezoz the founder of Amazon.
He left his well paying job to sell books on internet.
He said when he told his boss. His boss said that it is a good idea but it'll even be a better idea for someone who didn't have a good job.
He wanted to render a selfless service.
That's making it easier for one to sit home and order for whatever he or she wants without going down to shop.
He made the sacrifice and he's rewarded.
Today Jeff Bezoz is the richest man in the world.
We are making use of his idea today. That's why we have Jumia, Konga, Payporte etc.

With these examples you can see the need of providing selfless service to humanity.
You can't tell how you'll be rewarded.
Make good use of your talent and change the world in your own way.
Cheers.

- NELS (Tech Enthusiast)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Show You Something Interesting. I'm So Excited About It. / Free Website Hosting / Hackers Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.