Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) (3413 Views)

Wet Dreams: A Thorn In My Flesh Going To Two Decades / I Need Someone To Interprete This Dream To Me. / Can Anyone With Sacred Circle Knowledge Assist To Interprete This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
Spiritual Communication in Dreams & their Interpretations for Christians

This is probably going to be the last of my Original Posts on Nairaland until I finally disengage. The message is in four parts and I hope it will benefit Christians who are interested on NL.

The first thing to know is that God still speaks to his children through dreams and visions. However, any spirit also can use this spiritual communication channel to speak to us. In other words, Satan also can speak through the dreams (he is a counterfeiter of Gods deeds)

Dreams are visual pictures a person sees while he is sleeping. Dreams could be still pictures or moving pictures. And a dream can be in first person (all activities revolve around you) or second person (all activities is about someone else- you are more or less an onlooker)

Note: Here are a number of points before we delve into how you can interpret your dreams

1. Every human being can peek into their spiritual environment/ realm through his dreams
2. Not all dreams contain messages. Some are just pure junks and random images
3. Dream interpretation is not the exclusive rights of Christians Although a Christian has the added advantage of receiving information from God
4. Not all dreams have easy interpretation. Some are so coded that one would need some divine help from God to decode it. As a Christian, ask God for directions in this kind of scenario

In the context of this post, dreams are those with information not junks

Information Content of Dreams:
Dreams could contain
1. Warnings
2. Information on current spiritual happenings and states
3. Instructions, guides or direction
4. Rebukes

Rules of Dream Interpretations:
1. All dreams/visions are parables and contains symbolic languages
2. People in your dreams (depending on context) could be Jesus, Angels, People, Demons or Humans projecting themselves through demons
3. Animals in dream could be clean or unclean (also depends on your personality)

1 of 4

2 Likes

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2018
4. There is no static interpretation of items in dreams i.e. Food is not always evil, it depends on context in relation to you. Seeing a lion for instance may be positive or negative depending on the context.

A dog usually is unclean(symbolizes fornication,promiscuity) , but for a lover of dogs, the interpretation could be different.

5. Dreams refer to either current happenings or future in happenings in the making.

6. Dream manifestations can be changed when you do that which is required. e.g. Prayers, Work, Due Diligence etc

7. Dream repeating itself usually mean
a. The importance or inevitability of its manifestation
b. You haven't understood the message in the dream
c. You aren't doing the needful

Relevant Questions which aid Decoding of Dreams:
1. Is it first a first person or second person dream?
That is, is it about me or others
2. How did I feel in the dream?
Peace, Joy, Fear, Insecurity
3. Who is at the receiving end?
Me or someone else. Did I Fail or succeed.
4. Did I receive help from someone?
5. Did I do that which is oddly impossible for me to do in real life? Eating feaces, living in a dirty environment, carrying trash about etc
6. What important event is around the corner of my life. e.g. Writing an exam, waiting for promotion,
about to be engaged, about to marry etc
7. Is this dream positive or negative?
This is about the most important question to ask. Was I victorious or defeated. Was I helped or harassed

2 of 4
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2018
In dreams, there are some important rules to learn.
1. Principle of Exchange:
Nothing is free in the spirit. If you are given things like food, sex or other odd gifts, it is as a payment for something (demons are not fair)
2. God, directly or indirectly will not force or trick you into anything.
3. God, directly or indirectly will not make you commit sin or do dirty or immoral things in dreams.
4. Angels appear as men in dreams. They usually help, defend or assist you when you are in trouble. They seem not to talk much
5. Jesus normally appears as a human. You will rarely see His face (my experience) but He commands so great a respect that you cannot fail to notice
6. Sometimes, a great man of God is seen as a figure of the Father empowering, crowning, blessing or rebuking you in dreams.
7. Demons appear to you also as men, women or Animals BUT the difference is that they are always antagonistic.
They normall come to:
a. Steal from you
b. Kill you
c. Destroy things that belong to you.
They can come in a covert manner (begging, pleading) or aggressive. There is something about them that make you not feel at ease with them

They can come as Paupers, or Princes or Law enforcement agents or Tauts or Animals

As said earlier, there is nothing like
Food means poison
Money means blessings
Rags mean blessing
No! Everything is relative to the dreamer and everything is in context
Dreams can be classified as:
a. Warning
b. Advice
c. Rebuke
d. Correcting
e. Blessing
f. Information

3 of 4
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
Finally,
To interpret your dreams, you must go by
1. Learning from others (Examples in the scriptures, examples from mature Christians)
2. Ask God to flood your heart with wisdom and guidance

Note:
1. Sometimes decoding a dream is complex and almost impossible. The key is to pray about them(here, it is sufficient to know of the dream is positive or negative)
2. Some people are given the gift of interpretation of dreams and visions.
3. Some people are blessed with the gift of receiving vivid dreams and visions.

The aim of this post is not to interpret dreams BUT for us to learn to decode an aspect of spiritual communications.

I'll be willing to answer questions God willing

4 of 4

Cc
vicardino:

U can create a page for it here. I'd love to learn o.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by vicardino(m): 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
Simplistic yet profound
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2018
vicardino:
Simplistic yet profound
Thanks. Its too broad a subject and the readers need to start from somewhere.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Dontquit: 11:46pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=shadeyinka post=65707855]Finally,
To interpret your dreams, you must go by
1. Learning from others (Examples in the scriptures, examples from mature Christians)
2. Ask God to flood your heart with wisdom and guidance

Note:
1. Sometimes decoding a dream is complex and almost impossible. The key is to pray about them(here, it is sufficient to know of the dream is positive or negative)
2. Some people are given the gift of interpretation of dreams and visions.
3. Some people are blessed with the gift of receiving vivid dreams and visions.

The aim of this post is not to interpret dreams BUT for us to learn to decode an aspect of spiritual communications.

I'll be willing to answer questions God willing

Nice one @OP, pls I want u to giv info on d revelation behind one dreaming about an old house where she live while she was young and now married but recently she kp dreaming about d old house.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=Dontquit post=65708080][/quote]
Nice one @OP, pls I want u to giv info on d revelation behind one dreaming about an old house where she live while she was young and now married but recently she kp dreaming about d old house.

Old house?
It depends: what are the old memories concerning the house. A place or joy? A place of Test? A place of hardship? Etc

I think its a pointer to the major event/characteristic of the house. No interpretation is fixed. It depends on the context, your feelings etc A Repeat of that experience in the making

For instance going back you your classroom in secondary school connotes repeating an unpassed exam, retrogression etc. The classroom is a place of lessons and examination.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Ubongdemaga: 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2018
I don't believe in dreams irrespective of wat i dream. Someone dash me a car in dream some guds yrs ago till today I've not gotten a tyre. Some1 dash me money in d dream but wen i woke up i can't find the money and so many things. I just believe dream is d state of mind while going to bed or a reflection of ones mind. Human's brain works 24 hours, so while sleeping ur brain can still work while ur body is 100% @ rest. I lost my job 2013 but sometimes i will see myself wearing my uniform to work but in dat dream i will knw that am not working there anymore.

1 Like

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
I don't believe in dreams irrespective of wat i dream. Someone dash me a car in dream some guds yrs ago till today I've not gotten a tyre. Some1 dash me money in d dream but wen i woke up i can't find the money and so many things. I just believe dream is d state of mind while going to bed or a reflection of ones mind. Human's brain works 24 hours, so while sleeping ur brain can still work while ur body is 100% @ rest. I lost my job 2013 but sometimes i will see myself wearing my uniform to work but in dat dream i will knw that am not working there anymore.
Most dreams are not literal.
A vehicle is a means of mobility.

The dream was probably talking about receiving help in your career.

Dreams are seldom literal except you are peculiar

2 Likes

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by ichuka(m): 12:02am On Mar 10, 2018
Try and overcome/out-grown/leave some of ur OLD habits.
That OLD jag/vessel has to be change,before the new wine inside destroys it.resulting to complex/complicated crisis in ur new home.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 12:09am On Mar 10, 2018
ichuka:

Try and overcome/out-grown/leave some of ur OLD habits.
That OLD jag/vessel has to be change,before the new wine inside destroys it.resulting to complex/complicated crisis in ur new home.
Thank you.
This is another shade of the meaning (but the context is most important)

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Ubongdemaga: 12:22am On Mar 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

Most dreams are not literal.
A vehicle is a means of mobility.

The dream was probably talking about receiving help in your career.

Dreams are seldom literal except you are peculiar
is ok but nt that I've receive any special help than b4
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 12:53am On Mar 10, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
is ok but nt that I've receive any special help than b4
Many minor dreams come to manifestation within the week. The more you pay attention to your dreams, the more frequently you see the manifestations
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Johncuppa(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

Many minor dreams come to manifestation within the week. The more you pay attention to your dreams, the more frequently you see the manifestations
I just sent you a PM bro.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 10:15am On Mar 10, 2018
Johncuppa:

I just sent you a PM bro.

It hasn't landed in my mail. I just checked

Modified:
Just responded

Check your email
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Johncuppa(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

Modified:
Just responded

Check your email
I'm sorry, I'm unable to access my mail. I don't know what went wrong.
Pls, just flash this no and I will get back to you.Pls, I'm sorry for bothering you.
zero seven zero six one three one four six three seven
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

Modified:
Just responded

Check your email
Am sad to hear your leaving NL

I've learnt a lot from you.

I had one of those long and winding dreams today. But at some point, I came out of the house in an open field and sat there with some people, then some kids I knew some time ago came out of their home with fruits. They had brought them from the village. They shared with me. It was a mix of diverse fruits. I ate a guava. Very sweet. But it did not really look like a guava though I understood it to be one ...

I thought it was different from other eating dreams because I really tasted this one and I thought it was good.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2018
Muafrika2:

I had one of those long and winding dreams today. But at some point, I came out of the house in an open field and sat there with some people, then some kids I knew some time ago came out of their home with fruits. They had brought them from the village. They shared with me. It was a mix of diverse fruits. I ate a guava. Very sweet. But it did not really look like a guava though I understood it to be one ...

I thought it was different from other eating dreams because I really tasted this one and I thought it was good.

Those children, were they neatly looking or ordinary.?

Food can mean nutrition, empowerment, poison or refreshment.

The key is the children. Did you feel homely with them?
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
shadeyinka:

Those children, were they neatly looking or ordinary.?

Food can mean nutrition, empowerment, poison or refreshment.

The key is the children. Did you feel homely with them?
They were ordinary. I felt homely with them
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
Muafrika2:

They were ordinary. I felt homely with them
I believe its a form of refreshing. However, I dont have any interpretation of who the children are. But, it dosnt look like a negative dream.

The fruit is sweet
The children seems familiar and homely

I'm just hearing: Refreshing ! Refreshing!! But I can't seem to link them together

1 Like

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by sholay2011(m): 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hi.

I just dreamt that I got home and found the door to my room left unlocked and slightly ajar. I rushed into the room thinking someone had broken in. I came out and and asked someone that we share the apartment together (in the dream) and he says it surely wasn't him and he didn't see any one enter my room.

I later went back into the room panicking about my money and other valuables. I checked my box and found all the money intact and all my valuables also. Nothing was taken. But I knew someone came into the room. I was now wondering who that must be that came into my room but didn't take anything. I woke up.

Your reply is welcome.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by missgoldenbrown: 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2018
Brb
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 11, 2018
shadeyinka:

I believe its a form of refreshing. However, I dont have any interpretation of who the children are. But, it dosnt look like a negative dream.

The fruit is sweet
The children seems familiar and homely

I'm just hearing: Refreshing ! Refreshing!! But I can't seem to link them together
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by sholay2011(m): 1:41am On Mar 13, 2018
sholay2011:
Hi.

I just dreamt that I got home and found the door to my room left unlocked and slightly ajar. I rushed into the room thinking someone had broken in. I came out and and asked someone that we share the apartment together (in the dream) and he says it surely wasn't him and he didn't see any one enter my room.

I later went back into the room panicking about my money and other valuables. I checked my box and found all the money intact and all my valuables also. Nothing was taken. But I knew someone came into the room. I was now wondering who that must be that came into my room but didn't take anything. I woke up.

Your reply is welcome.
Your response to this please?
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Nobody: 3:03am On Mar 13, 2018
sholay2011:

Your response to this please?
There is a thief in your life. One who would cause you to lose what God has given you.

And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Luke:12:39

I had similar experiences sometime back. Shadeyinka and Ichuka know this.

They ended when I got rid of a person I should not have kept around. A negative influence. Sometimes we keep people in our lives who are spiritual robbers.

1 Like

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by sholay2011(m): 3:19am On Mar 13, 2018
Muafrika2:

There is a thief in your life. One who would cause you to lose what God has given you.

I had similar experiences sometime back. Shadeyinka and Ichuka know this.

They ended when I got rid of a person I should not have kept around. A negative influence. Sometimes we keep people in our lives who are spiritual robbers.
This was the interpretation that first came to me until I thought about the fact that nothing was actually stolen/taken in the dream by this person.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by Nobody: 3:25am On Mar 13, 2018
sholay2011:

This was the interpretation that first came to me until I thought about the fact that nothing was actually stolen/taken in the dream by this person.
One thing I've learnt about demons is that they are shameless. Once they start something they need to be confronted and completely cut off or they will keep trying their luck.
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 5:49am On Mar 13, 2018
sholay2011:
Hi.

Your reply is welcome.
Its just a warning to secure your heart/life. You were protected but you were made to know what happened.

There was an intruder, but nothing was taken!

Watch what you read , listen to or watch with your eyes. These are windows to the inner you

And like MuAfrica2 said, the intruder could also be a personality (a friend who just whizzed in) casually. The thief will come back if nothing is done.

Pray about the security of your life that it will not be compromised
Give thanks for the protection
Attack and expose the stranger

3 Likes

Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by ichuka(m): 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2018
shadeyinka:

Its just a warning to secure your heart/life. You were protected but you were made to know what happened.

There was an intruder, but nothing was taken!

Watch what you read , listen to or watch with your eyes. These are windows to the inner you

And like MuAfrica2 said, the intruder could also be a personality (a friend who just whizzed in) casually. The thief will come back if nothing is done.

Pray about the security of your life that it will not be compromised
Give thanks for the protection
Attack and expose the stranger
Bro are you leaving NL?
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by shadeyinka(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2018
ichuka:

Bro are you leaving NL?
Yes o.

By the end of this month God willing
Re: How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians) by ichuka(m): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2018
Muafrika2:

Shadeyinka is right.
You have been refreshed.in time to come(if not now)
You have to refresh people around you the Gospel in public.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Old Covenant?? / Should African Religions Be Preserved? / If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.