Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,686 members, 7,809,593 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless (3412 Views)

If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not / Pastor Disappears After Death Of Two Brothers During Spiritual Bath / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 22, 2013
Even though I am a Pantheist by Self Realization, I am closer to Christianity as a religion of my birth, so let's play the game of the mind!

If Satan Disappears, then God is useless.

To be recognized as Supreme, God had to create an adversary-an opposing force to ITself.

If God made Satan, and expected us to Hate Satan, then the question is, Why dont you God, kill the Satan since you made us believe you are all powerful ?

No, not at all, God can not kill Satan, cos he created Satan as opposite polarity against Itself. One can only know joy after suffering

Without Satan, no one will run to church to seek God.

The lesson in life is, If you are a leader, and you want people to worship you, then you MUST create a superficial enemy against the people, and become the almighty Savior of the people against an enemy you created for them, which in real sense, is your fault.

All of the above are fables, and I used to believe in fairy tales.

Do I hate Satan ? Hell to the No, I do not hate Satan at all, infact, I love him, for he has done me no wrong.

Do I believe there is Satan ? Hell to the No, cos I know that God and Satan are 2 faces of the same coin - One side is called God, and the other is called Satan while the coin itself is ENERGY, the one I chose to call INFINITE ONENESS OR INFINITY.

For Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free - Jesus, the founder of Christianity.

6 Likes

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Jpboye: 7:27am On Sep 22, 2013
God will always be God

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by greaterlove(m): 8:31am On Sep 22, 2013
In life we are all learning and the pursuit to be "more" ( there is really no more but only a self realization of what is) is a requirement in the evolution process of man. Is there a God? Yes there is, but I strongly know that the finite can never be able to define the Infinite. Our knowledge of the Infinite being limited, we now tend to attribute some characteristics to the Infinite to fill in those voids in our knowledge and provide answers to the questions raised by our ignorance. The devil is not a creation of God but a creation of man to give an easy explaination to the results of transgression of the laws guiding the universe. There is only one God, in Him we live, move and have our being, there is no nay but only yeah and amen.

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by 247notire(m): 8:56am On Sep 22, 2013
Tryin to understand the mysteries of God is like stopping urself frm visitin nairaland. U just cant! So use ur thinkin on smthng else. Umbregado!
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Brimmie(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2013
247notire: Tryin to understand the mysteries of God is like stopping urself frm visitin nairaland. U just cant! So use ur thinkin on smthng else. Umbregado!

[size=16]Are you scared to think?? Oh, you were told you going to run mad if you try to go down there! sad dehsawniarB umuM!![/size]

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2013
God and Satan are dual polarity of the Infinite Oneness (energy)

Therefore, God is positive energy and Devil is negative energy both are just manifestations of ENERGY-totality of all that there is.

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by greaterlove(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2013
Billyonaire: God and Satan are dual polarity of the Infinite Oneness (energy)

Therefore, God is positive energy and Devil is negative energy both are just manifestations of ENERGY-totality of all that there is.
Do you think there will be a devil when man is out of the equation of the universe?
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 22, 2013
Funny how christians are always binding, casting, stamping(mfm cheesy), stoning, beating, flogging, torturing, and doing all sorts to the devil regularly but careful enough to not kill him.....i guess they do need him afterall...i wonder what would happen if the devil were to go on a sabbatical leave of some sort? smiley i reckon God would miss him the most! Opening verses in the Book of Job clearly shows that they are good mates! Both plotting how to 'fukk' up pple's lives in the name of testing their faith....: There's a meeting going on....satan, God's "supposed" enemy makes an appearance....instead of throwing him out.... "Oi, where u been bro? Oh! Jus chillin' bro...Walking to and fro around the earth....pssssh, u seem bored...*rubbing palms together* Boy! have I got a job for u?! i dont have to put it all out like that but i believe u know what to do smiley....And the drilling began :/

2 Likes

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Tolexander: 11:45am On Sep 22, 2013
Billy!
Seems you are trying to talk about the dualism of life in my own philosophy.

The presence of darkness makes the light to be significant and valued.

Earth with poverty makes the dwellers to pursue wealth.

Death makes life to be valued

These equal and opposite factors of life are just there to pull to themselves.
The force with which one of them pulls in addition to the affinity we have for it makes it better than the other.

E.g wealth and poverty are 2 opposing forces pulling a man to themselves. A force at which wealth pulls plus the affinity we have for wealth makes it to be better than the opposing force of poverty(cos it has only pulling force alone and no affinity from the pulled)

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
greaterlove: Do you think there will be a devil when man is out of the equation of the universe?

Man is part of iinfinite oneness, we either manifest as satan or god or both. Without man, life energy is incomplete.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by plaetton: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2013
Excellent.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
You put up a nice logic. A good scientific approach rich in artfulness. But, you can't arrive to matters propagated by logic without any basis. On what ground would God and Satan be described using a coin...the "polarity" term as used, is 80% scientific..how does it relate or can a religous problem be simplified using it...who is God and how did satan exists? These for me are d main basis for ur logic. Address them first.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Ajibam: 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
God didn't create Satan as an adversary, Satan made himself that,remember he was a great being in heaven before he failed..
he can't destroy him now, he want to destroy him on the day of judgement with his followers.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by BedLam: 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Or let's say, why can't God forgive Satan ? After all he forgives humans who are equally bad as Satan!
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Ajibam: 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
BedLam: Or let's say, why can't God forgive Satan ? After all he forgives humans who are equally bad as Satan!
he didn't ask for forgiveness... ask and it shall be given

2 Likes

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam:
he didn't ask for forgiveness... ask and it shall be given

What was his crime?
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Ajibam: 6:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
aManFromMars:

What was his crime?
isaiah14:13
pride...
he who is proud shall be humbled..
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam:
pride...

Hmm...

Who sinned first Man or Satan?
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by greaterlove(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
Billyonaire:

Man is part of iinfinite oneness, we either manifest as satan or god or both. Without man, life energy is incomplete.
I agree with you that man is part of the infinite oneness, but I don't agree that without man life energy is incomplete. Everything we see and can't see is part of the infinite oneness, the stars, planets and coming to earth the trees, the animals, rivers, streams etc man is just the most evolved of the life forms that can observe life energy on earth, why because of our ability to think which you and I know we have not fully mastered. Every animal on the surface of the earth is going through that evolutionary process, if man cease to exist another animal will evolve to or surpass his level. How are we even sure another class of being more evolved than man are not leaving in another planet somewhere?

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by plaetton: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam: God didn't create Satan as an adversary, Satan made himself that,remember he was a great being in heaven before he failed..
he can't destroy him now, he want to destroy him on the day of judgement with his followers.

Was this before or after the creation of the universe?

And why can't he destroy Satan now? Why wait for Satan to do more damage?
Imagine all the trouble he would saved himself and mankind, for that matter, if he had destroyed satan from the beginning of time.

Are you sure God is even capable of destroying Satan?
Satan has had a very long time to ponder and prepare for this long awaited battle. Don't you think that perhaps satan might outsmart god again?
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by plaetton: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
aManFromMars:

Hmm...

Excellent question.
Permit me if I use that question to open a thread.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
greaterlove: I agree with you that man is part of the infinite oneness, but I don't agree that without man life energy is incomplete. Everything we see and can't see is part of the infinite oneness, the stars, planets and coming to earth the trees, the animals, rivers, streams etc man is just the most evolved of the life forms that can observe life energy on earth, why because of our ability to think which you and I know we have not fully mastered. Every animal on the surface of the earth is going through that evolutionary process, if man cease to exist another animal will evolve to or surpass his level. How are we even sure another class of being more evolved than man are not leaving in another planet somewhere?

There are more advanced humanoid species, better evolved, more advanced than humans. It's a matter of time before the scientific community discover this known truth, some of the "things" we call angels and gods, are actually advanced beings. The Egyptian Pyramid was among other pyramids built by them as Liahona for the flight coordinates to earth.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
plaetton:

Imagine all the trouble he would saved himself and mankind, for that matter, if he had destroyed satan from the beginning of time.

Satan has had a very long time to ponder and prepare for this long awaited battle. Don't you think that perhaps satan might outsmart god again?
Ignore people who love religious stories, you cant change who they are, and they cant change who you are, its why likes should befriend likes and stay away from the majorly rots we call religious.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ajibam:
pride...
That quote doesnt hold true in 21st century, I have reason to believe that the proud are always lifted and recognized and humility has been misconstrued for stu/pid/ity. It is what it is, and time alters proverbs. Will you simply believe something because it is written in the Bible and ignore it if its written in science and Technology thesis ? Lots of things we just believe proves that most of us do not think at all. Talking about Mary, the mother of Jesus, giving birth without sperm and egg fertilization ? Does Holy spirit have di/ck and generate sperm ? I mean lots of questions kneel down begging for real answers and not blind faith.

2 Likes

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
Chukskalidon: You put up a nice logic. A good scientific approach rich in artfulness. But, you can't arrive to matters propagated by logic without any basis. On what ground would God and Satan be described using a coin...the "polarity" term as used, is 80% scientific..how does it relate or can a religous problem be simplified using it...who is God and how did satan exists? These for me are d main basis for ur logic. Address them first.

Basically, you could tell that my story was drawn from Christianity, and I try to paint a picture of relativity of the God concept in a way and manner that our greater religious community will understand. Besides, this is not logic, this is not commonsense, this is absolutely handsome near-truth, since absolute truth evades the mind.
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by greaterlove(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Billyonaire:

There are more advanced humanoid species, better evolved, more advanced than humans. It's a matter of time before the scientific community discover this known truth, some of the "things" we call angels and gods, are actually advanced beings.
Good. I think its high time we move away from the thinking that the universe was created for man alone, that everything revolves around man, the belief that God and satan is in a battle to win the soul of man, beliefs that were born out of man's limited thinking. Outside our sphere is infinite possibilities, we should be working towards taping into this and leave the old wives fables we have been fed as kids. We need to evolve, the question now is how do we?

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by RedLight1: 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2013
without lex luthor people wont need a superman
without evil, people won't appreciate goodness
without criminals, people wont need police
without villains, people wont need a hero
without satan, no one will give a damn about god
simple logic

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by nadine07: 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Billyonaire: Even though I am a Pantheist by Self Realization, I am closer to Christianity as a religion of my birth, so let's play the game of the mind!

If Satan Disappears, then God is useless.

To be recognized as Supreme, God had to create an adversary-an opposing force to ITself.

If God made Satan, and expected us to Hate Satan, then the question is, Why dont you God, kill the Satan since you made us believe you are all powerful ?

No, not at all, God can not kill Satan, cos he created Satan as opposite polarity against Itself. One can only know joy after suffering

Without Satan, no one will run to church to seek God.

The lesson in life is, If you are a leader, and you want people to worship you, then you MUST create a superficial enemy against the people, and become the almighty Savior of the people against an enemy you created for them, which in real sense, is your fault.

All of the above are fables, and I used to believe in fairy tales.

Do I hate Satan ? Hell to the No, I do not hate Satan at all, infact, I love him, for he has done me no wrong.

Do I believe there is Satan ? Hell to the No, cos I know that God and Satan are 2 faces of the same coin - One side is called God, and the other is called Satan while the coin itself is ENERGY, the one I chose to call INFINITE ONENESS OR INFINITY.

For Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free - Jesus, the founder of Christianity.
wow u need spiritual deliverance...
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2013
nadine07: wow u need spiritual deliverance...
From Jesus, I guess. You dont even know him.

1 Like

Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Ajibam: 12:47am On Sep 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

Hmm...

Satan of course
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Ajibam: 12:49am On Sep 23, 2013
plaetton:

outsmart?
he is already a defeated fellow..my charges christ has as already d e'er defeated him...
Re: If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless by Ajibam: 12:52am On Sep 23, 2013
Red-Light:
without lex luthor people wont need a superman
without evil, people won't appreciate goodness
without criminals, people wont need police
without villains, people wont need a hero
without satan, no one will give a damn about god
simple logic
which god be that?
my own God is elohim-self existing one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teenagers, Read This Warning Beforehand / Should Christians Support Israel? / How to Interprete Dreams (A Basic Introduction For Christians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.