Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 (822574 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (473) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 10:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
Rexceedo:

Success bro!
You're yet to reply my mail bro.
thanks Have replied u
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by factwriter(m): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ugoerico:
Who knows if Nigerian international drivers license will be of aid in getting the uae drivers license?

No.

You apply for the country's own driver's licence.
The driving test comes in phases.

You pay for a particular stage, if you pass it you move to the next, if you fail it - you pay again and repeat it. And again and again until you pass all stages.

It cost well above a $1000.

you CAN'T enroll or apply for a driver's licence if you are in the country on a tourist visa.

International driver's licence are recognised and accepted.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Ugoerico(m): 11:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
factwriter:

No.

You apply for the country's own driver's licence.
The driving test comes in phases.

You pay for a particular stage, if you pass it you move to the next, if you fail it - you pay again and repeat it. And again and again until you pass all stages.

It cost well above a $1000.

you CAN'T enroll or apply for a driver's licence if you are in the country on a tourist visa.

International driver's licence are recognised and accepted.
thanks for ur response, but is ur last sentence not a contradiction to your earlier said 'NO'?

Which 'international' in this case are u referring to?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by factwriter(m): 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
Ugoerico:
thanks for ur response, but is ur last sentence not a contradiction to your earlier said 'NO'?

Which 'international' in this case are u referring to?

An INTERNATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENCE is different from a regular NATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENCE.

The former is accepted in Dubai, the latter isn't. At least as far as West African cases are concern.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by philip0906(m): 3:11am On Apr 05, 2018
factwriter:

Vacancy for those kind of job you refer to mostly exist on the high end employment ladder.

The UAE is a technologically advance nation, they have gone far past the tech stage Nigeria is presently at.

As such your usual degree certificate (from your regular Nigerian school) is nearly practically useless as far as the mention categories of vacancy are concern.

Am sure you are aware Dubai itself is a smart city.

If you are onto jobs in IT, Engineering, Banking & Finance, Oil & Gas, Offshore stuffs etc, then be sure you are properly educationally certified in those field and possibly, with at least few years of working experience from recognised Nigerian institutions.

Question now is, if you do meet the requirements in the above paragraph, would you really be thinking of Dubai

You would probably (already) be gainfully employed.

If you are thinking Dubai (as as a West African immigrant), then be thinking MIDDLE & LOW level jobs. Forget the HIGH END juice.
Good response
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mahogany85(f): 7:06am On Apr 05, 2018
Good morning great people
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by obonujoker(m): 7:32am On Apr 05, 2018
Newlifee:
hello brethren, please God just blessed me with 1.8million , how best can I utilize it to settle in Dubai or any other country. I need advice

I just got married too with no kids yet.

I am a graduate.

can the money get me two work visas or should we use the money and get 3 months visit for both of us and begin to look for jobs in Dubai.

help a brother

You just got married, and you wanna leave your wife?? And you think Dubai should be the place to go to...??

Well I would pick Australia, coz it will be easier for you to work your wife coming over faster....

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by armpit: 7:57am On Apr 05, 2018
Please house, does Dubai issue a study visa? If yes, how much should one budget.

NB: since I don't know much about Dubai, I only think the study visa would give a person more time to settle and find a job. But if anyone has alternative to the study visa, he/she should please enlighten me.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Newlifee: 8:20am On Apr 05, 2018
obonujoker:

You just got married, and you wanna leave your wife?? And you think Dubai should be the place to go to...??

Well I would pick Australia, coz it will be easier for you to work your wife coming over faster....
I wish I have such opportunity bro, nobody to send me an invitation or help me process visa, at least uae sounds easier to get , or do u have Australia contact?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by justi4jesu(f): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2018
armpit:
Please house, does Dubai issue a study visa? If yes, how much should one budget.

NB: since I don't know much about Dubai, I only think the study visa would give a person more time to settle and find a job. But if anyone has alternative to the study visa, he/she should please enlighten me.

Go somewhere else for study, why come to UAE? It's very expensive and you can't get student josb like other countries.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by justi4jesu(f): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2018

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by armpit: 11:17am On Apr 05, 2018
justi4jesu:

Go somewhere else for study, why come to UAE? It's very expensive and you can't get student josb like other countries.
thank you for the head-up. I appreciate.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Canterbury: 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
Justi4jesu please attend to this guy
Newlifee:
hello brethren, please God just blessed me with 1.8million , how best can I utilize it to settle in Dubai or any other country. I need advice

I am a graduate.

can the money get me two work visas or should we use the money and get 3 months visit for both of us and begin to look for jobs in Dubai.

help a brother
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Sicilyjoe: 2:21am On Apr 06, 2018
Shugarlord213:

I am interested bro

Where are u now, in uae
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 2:41am On Apr 06, 2018
Newlifee:

I am a graduate.

help a brother
Bros the truth is don't come here with ur wife, the type of life they live here n.a. die ooo, except ur wife will be working and u guys don't have the ittension of having kids yet, bros I just landed and d kind life they live inside here n.a. God hand I dey ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Ijiimmayi: 5:58am On Apr 06, 2018
Hello bro. I will give you my honest advise. First,
don't come with your wife Atleast for now. Use 250k or 300 for visa. Then book flight with 230k to and fro. When you land. Pay bed space for 50k or 60k.(hold Atleast two months rent) then locate SIRA centre and register for sira it's a security course for 5 days. After that. Take your result with the sira and go to security companies. Then some will require you to pay for your visa close to 400k. Then drop the balance for your wife for her upkeep and keep money that will last you for 3months here. Don't forget to attest your results cos due to expo 2020 they want to make basic requirements for employment to be high school certificate Atleast. Then pray to God. And hope you can run 35times in the sira fitness beep test. Not easy bro. But the exam Na walk over if u dey serious.
Newlifee:

I am a graduate.

help a brother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by mukthar2000(m): 6:36am On Apr 06, 2018
hello guys, and new in this group and i fear a god fearing person that can help me and put me through on how i can get a job in Dubai
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by BAY1759: 8:32am On Apr 06, 2018
mukthar2000:
hello guys, and new in this group and i fear a god fearing person that can help me and put me through on how i can get a job in Dubai

God fearing person? In Nigeria? grin

My guy....just look for legitimate person that will get the job don. We Nigerians no fear God.

READ the thread....you can start from part 2.

Newlifee:

I am a graduate.

help a brother

1.8 Million naira? Hian...That is big cool money in some places in Nigeria and small in other places in Nigeria. Depending on who you are or what you do.

To answer your question...Yes, it will do two work visas(Goodluck in getting direct employment or agent though especially for your wife, it is available but scarce and legitimate work agent be like needle in a haystack).

Getting three months visa is a better and less riskier adventure. Note, if you and your wife come together.....you will likely not be staying together due to the "strange" accommodation and interpersonal relationship rules/morals. To be on the safe side....you can attest your marriage certificate before entering in the event of being caught in compromising position(Not sexual, just PDA can get questions sef) or both of you settle in well and decide to get accommodation for yourselves(Quite expensive depending on the job income you both settle into within the first two years).

I would advise your wife stay back and you enter first and see how things are going. After you settle in....you can then decide to bring her in or not and be her own guide in the country.

Though if your wife is an "Alpha" as in strong willed. She will survive fine if both of you enter without any problem and be a massive advantage for your household in regards to combined income.

And for the love of your sanity....don't plan kids yet if both of you enter. Even after settling down....Caring for a kid over here can be challenging and damn right expensive than caring for a kid in Europe, USA or good ol Nigeria.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by SirWellington(m): 9:29am On Apr 06, 2018
manneger2:

Bros the truth is don't come here with ur wife, the type of life they live here n.a. die ooo, except ur wife will be working and u guys don't have the ittension of having kids yet, bros I just landed and d kind life they live inside here n.a. God hand I dey ooo

But there are lots of nigerians there with their wife and children... So?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 9:40am On Apr 06, 2018
SirWellington:

But there are lots of nigerians there with their wife and children... So?
Bros properbly they are doing a job that pay more than 10000 aed, u can't be doing 2000 or 3000, and want to have kids here, accomdation will take everything,

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by SirWellington(m): 10:09am On Apr 06, 2018
manneger2:

Bros properbly they are doing a job that pay more than 10000 aed, u can't be doing 2000 or 3000, and want to have kids here, accomdation will take everything,

Wow.
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Newlifee: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
manneger2:

thank u a lot,but u didn't explain a bit the kind of life u mean and how it wil affect us both as couple
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by Newlifee: 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2018
BAY1759:

God fearing person? In Nigeria? grin

My guy....just look for legitimate person that will get the job don. We Nigerians no fear God.

READ the thread....you can start from part 2.

1.8 Million naira? Hian...That is big cool money in some places in Nigeria and small in other places in Nigeria. Depending on who you are or what you do.

To answer your question...Yes, it will do two work visas(Goodluck in getting direct employment or agent though especially for your wife, it is available but scarce and legitimate work agent be like needle in a haystack).

Getting three months visa is a better and less riskier adventure. Note, if you and your wife come together.....you will likely not be staying together due to the "strange" accommodation and interpersonal relationship rules/morals. To be on the safe side....you can attest your marriage certificate before entering in the event of being caught in compromising position(Not sexual, just PDA can get questions sef) or both of you settle in well and decide to get accommodation for yourselves(Quite expensive depending on the job income you both settle into within the first two years).

I would advise your wife stay back and you enter first and see how things are going. After you settle in....you can then decide to bring her in or not and be her own guide in the country.

Though if your wife is an "Alpha" as in strong willed. She will survive fine if both of you enter without any problem and be a massive advantage for your household in regards to combined income.

And for the love of your sanity....don't plan kids yet if both of you enter. Even after settling down....Caring for a kid over here can be challenging and damn right expensive than caring for a kid in Europe, USA or good ol Nigeria.
thanks bro for ur more detailed response, gratia.
can't I get an affordable private accommodation for just both of us, if we can, can u give me an estimate?
yes we both can search for a job, she's a medical laboratory scientist though any oda good job can serve. is the accommodation only the likely constraint?
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2018
Newlifee:
can't I get an affordable private accommodation for just both of us, if we can, can u give me an estimate?
yes we both can search for a job, she's a medical laboratory scientist though any oda good job can serve. is the accommodation only the likely constraint?

everyone is advising not to bring your wife for now till you get settled, u are just adamant on bringing her along, is your wife running away nii, bros hid to advise to avoid stories that touch the heart. Ireee oooo.

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by BAY1759: 7:34pm On Apr 06, 2018
Newlifee:

Accommodation is the biggest challenge. If you can afford it though.....you can budget about 180K -250K monthly depending on the emirates you are. Studio in Dubai or even One bedroom flat if you are Outside Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Though....that should be after you get a job. In the event you go this route....Try as much as possible to get a place where utilities are already included in the rent to avoid sticker shock.

Every other challenge is the normal challenges faced over here by every other person and the distraction from other established people here towards you or your wife(If you know what I mean).

My personal opinion.....One of you should come in first. Get a job and the other follow.

If both of you should enter at the same time though...be prepared to be separated in the beginning of your journey in UAE to conserve resources. But, if you have strong backbone here.....it might be easier but then you won't be asking this question.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by donkingblaza: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2018
I arrive Dubai 4days ago,am in ajman , am in need of a a good job ,pls help a brother pls
Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by manneger2: 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2018
donkingblaza:
I arrive Dubai 4days ago,am in ajman , am in need of a a good job ,pls help a brother pls
there is work in interview see below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by obonujoker(m): 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2018
Lol.... emirati Alhaji go use intimidation scatter your wife... grin.... Just look for another affordable country other than Dubai especially if you wanna be with ur wife.... Australia is best though....

2 Likes

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by 1234IKECHhukwu: 9:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
manneger2:
there is work in interview see below
blaze So u have made it to Dubai at last m really happy for u .

1 Like

Re: QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 by 1234IKECHhukwu: 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2018
.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (473) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.