Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana (15318 Views)

Alaska Aircraft Forced To Make Emergency Landing After Window Blows Out Mid-air / Adeola Ogunmola Becomes The First Female Pilot To Fly Qatar Air To Abuja / Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing After Passenger Refused To Stop Farting ( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by skallion7(m): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2018
moscobabs:
I said it this morning that our moderators are lazy, seun needs to train these guys, what does Buhari picture got to do with Arik line incompetency ?

and was sent to frontpage without editing

oga gan o
The OP is a ghanaian, he clearly wanna make jest
Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by FBIL: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2018
All these Olaniyis always want to be managers everywhere yet, nothing works under them.

Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by redsun(m): 11:29am On Mar 10, 2018
Arik is a rogue outfit, anybody that flies them do so at his/her own peril.
Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
Sue them.
Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by Reference(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
Just wonder why this thing recurs often. An air incident and there is so much delay in getting the plane to the ground. You hear electrical problems, mechanical problems, structural problems, instrument failure, fire, etc and the crew will be busy seeking to 'repair' things sometimes even arguing amongst themselves while the aircraft falls apart mid-air.

Where there is smoke there is fire and the momemt smoke is detected an emergency should be declared and the plane put down asap. I'm sure in this case the pilot waited for feedback from the cabin crew before taking action. He would have asked them to find the source, neutralize it and then continue in pretense as if nothing happened. Fifteen minutes to Accra could have meant the loss of that plane if it had been more serious. The passengers were just lucky. The pilot should have come down in Benin or somewhere closer to the incident even if it meant turning back.

A fire onboard a flight in northern europe was lost because the pilots had to circle back over the ocean to dump fuel as regulated. I would never do that. I would head to the nearest airport and take my chances crash landing there. Same thing with the Dana flight from Abuja to Lagos that crashed. One engine failed and instead of putting the plane down at Ibadan or Akure, they continued to Lagos, the second engine failed and all hydraulics were lost. The plane fell like a stone.

Just so annoying.
Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by annnikky(f): 12:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
millionboi2:
Arik again
This one Don turn to meme abi shocked 9ja I hail o

1 Like

Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by drewxx88(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hector09:
Chai everything in this country is rotten so why are we blaming buhari always
Maybe because he has the power to put the airline outta business or make them use up to date planes yet he chosses to look the other way ...
Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by fleetfeet: 12:38am On Mar 12, 2018
Do you know that the B747-200 currently use by the US airforce primarily to transport the US President came into service in the Regan administration? Over 3 decades ago. Are you aware that Boeing has since produced the 400/,800F and 800i models, and that they no longer produce the 200 model, and AirForce One are about the 200 model still in service.

Do you know that age doesnt really count in aviation?

cowleg:
All this 30 years old aircraft Nigerian air carrier deploy for there operations. Na God hand we dey
Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 12, 2018
fleetfeet:
Do you know that the B747-200 currently use by the US airforce primarily to transport the US President came into service in the Regan administration? Over 3 decades ago. Are you aware that Boeing has since produced the 400/,800F and 800i models, and that they no longer produce the 200 model, and AirForce One are about the 200 model still in service.

Do you know that age doesnt really count in aviation?

My brother are comparing custom made air force 1 with the rickety airlines littered in Nigeria as commercial airline. Air force 1 may sound old to you because it resembles the same aircraft used by reagan but definitely it's components are fitted with new top notch technology which no other aircraft will possess. So you are comparing it with flying coffin used in Nigeria with no serious maintenance culture.

Because air force 1 is an older model of Boeing doesn't mean its old. Just like the presidential limo used by trump you can't tell me its same one Used by even bill Clinton. Model and looks may not change but components are freaking new.
Re: Smoke In Arik Air Plane Forces Pilot To Make Emergency Landing In Ghana by fleetfeet: 6:31pm On Mar 12, 2018
Are you aware that the US Airforce just acquired 2 brand new B747-800 to replace the president's current primary transport jets?

Do you know that Boeing sold the jets to a Russian airline which went bankrupt before they could take delivery, so Boeing brokered the deal with the airforce to procure the crafts.

Do you know that the jets are service ready, but cannot be used for the POTUS yet till it is retrofitted by the airforce.

Which means the jets were never custom made.

Rickety aircraft's you say in the Nigerian airspace?

Arik, airpeace and aero operate the B737-500-800 series, Kindly chect their year of manufacture. While at it also take more time to read and understand more about aviation so you can comment with more facts, rather than throwing baseless info at people.

cowleg:

My brother are comparing custom made air force 1 with the rickety airlines littered in Nigeria as commercial airline. Air force 1 may sound old to you because it resembles the same aircraft used by reagan but definitely it's components are fitted with new top notch technology which no other aircraft will possess. So you are comparing it with flying coffin used in Nigeria with no serious maintenance culture.

Because air force 1 is an older model of Boeing doesn't mean its old. Just like the presidential limo used by trump you can't tell me its same one Used by even bill Clinton. Model and looks may not change but components are freaking new.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traffic Advisory: PDP Campaign Rally Holds At TBS In Lagos Today. / Air France Announces The Suspension Of Flights To Niger & Mali / Nigerians In Ukraine: Numbers To Call For Help, FG Assures 24-hour Accessibility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.