Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train (1468 Views)

Tavy Pustiu Hit And Killed By Train While Live-streaming Himself / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna / Benson Uchenna Nwughala Nigerian In Italy Killed By Train While Wearing Earpiece (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by EdificationBoss: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2018
A member of the National Youth Service Corps, Nneka Odili, has lost her life as a result of injuries sustained when a train hit her on Thursday in Lagos.

The incident, which happened around the Ikeja axis of the rail line, threw motorists and pedestrians in the area into confusion.

According to a friend of the victim, Oma, who spoke with Saturday PUNCH on Friday, the tragedy occurred while the victim was heading home from the monthly clearance exercise by corps members at the Ikeja Local Government Secretariat.

Oma said,

“Nneka’s death is something I still don’t believe is real. How can she just die like that, somebody I still related with not too long before then? I really cannot say much; her death is one of the most painful things to have happened around me.”

Eyewitness reports said the young woman, popularly known as Nini by friends, wore headphones and could not hear the train’s horn while trying to walk across the rail track.

In a photo posted by eyewitnesses at the scene, the victim’s right leg and left hand could be seen badly damaged while blood was also noticed on her face.

Odili, who studied Home Economics at the Federal College of Education, Technical, Omoku, Rivers State, and later went to study Human Kinetics at the University of Port Harcourt, was said to have been rushed to a nearby hospital for medical attention, but later died.

In a Facebook post on Friday, a relative of the victim, Jessica Odili, wrote,

“After so much joy in the family this period, the devil decided to give us sadness. RIP the best sister and aunty. What a life.”

While confirming the incident, NYSC Public Relations Officer in Lagos State, Mrs. Belinda Faniyi, said the incident had left the entire organisation in shock.

http://newshelm.ng/newshelm-ng-photos/photos-nysc-confirms-death-of-lagos-female-corps-member-hit-by-train/

cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by stephleena(f): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2018
so sad..wat a foolish way to die
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by OjukwuWarBird: 11:30am On Mar 10, 2018
So she couldn't look left and right before crossing the railway.
SMH
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by dazzlingd(m): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2018
rip to the dead.
probably a village girl who dont know that train works in the city
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
Sometimes,we can get carried away by anything.
OjukwuWarBird:
So she couldn't look left and right before crossing the railway.

SMH
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by Okoroawusa: 12:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
That is y they always say"This is Lagos"
RIP Nini
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
Rest in peace. Some people have done been in far more dangerous situations and survived , in some cases escape without a scratch.

So na like this somebody future wife don waka be that.
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by migeoart(f): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
So sad ! But even if she didn't hear the sound of the train which I know is very loud she would have felt vibration on the rail but RIP to the beautiful lady and let the living be careful ! God protect us from unfortunate incidences

1 Like

Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by falcon01: 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
dazzlingd:
rip to the dead.

probably a village girl who dont know that train works in the city
you are despicable
Re: NYSC Confirms Death Of Lagos Female Corps Member Hit By Train by SamoaJoe: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
Somehow, am so happy about the death of this girl. Ask me why?

If you read the original news, you will see where it is stated that a man tried to pull her back and he flung away the mans hands away. Probably, this dead girl taught the man wants to woo her and since her father is the king of England (rolls eyes), why should a pleb like that man touch her back. So you see, her death is justified in every sense. I have zero pity for her because her type find it hard to greet their senior... Because in her mind, she is beautiful and every man should fall at her feet.... (Long Hiss)

We Igbos have a saying that Onwu na egbu nwa nkita anaghi ekwe ya anu isi nsi.... The death That wants to kill a dog never allows it to perceive the smell of poo
e

Even Chinua Achebe once told me that Ukpana Okpoko gburu, Nti Chiri ya.... The Grasshopper that was killed by a crow is definitely deaf This is so Because the crow makes a whole lot of noise before it kills its prey. Tell me, how do you get killed by a huge train with bellowing horns if not stupid slay mamayism?

Before his death, Ojukwu once told Uwazurike that Agwa nti ma onughi, Egbuwe isi, Osoro ya la na iyi..... If the ear is told and it refuses to hear, when the head is about to be cut off, it will follow the head to the grave.

Even Pete Edochie once said in a movie that Nwata bulie nna ya elu, ogologo amu ayochie ya anya... If a child should lift his father up, Long Pennis will blind him.

Ndi be anyi mma mma nu! This is a warning to the so called slay mamas with indomie as brains.

(1) (Reply)

See The Moment Osinbajo Was Taken Out Of the Crash-land Helicopter In Kogi / World’s First Underground Hotel To Open In Shanghai, China (Photos) / How Do I Put My Street On Google Map

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.