Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

A Policeman Push A Lawyer Down From A Moving Commercial Bus - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Policeman Push A Lawyer Down From A Moving Commercial Bus (794 Views)

Viral Video Of A Policeman Arresting His Twin Brother (Pictures/Video) / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures / A Soldier In Uniform Beaten By A Policeman In Mufti At ATM In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Policeman Push A Lawyer Down From A Moving Commercial Bus by Adeoludt(m): 6:11pm On Mar 10, 2018

Law Enforcement AgenciesPolice

Police Brutality: Another Lawyer, Thompson Oladotun Narrates His Ordeal

By

Mar 8, 2018

Thompson Oladotun

Another lawyer by the name Thompson Oladotun has narrated his own ordeal in the hand of an officer of the Nigerian Police Force. According to the story made available to TheNigerialawyer, he was assualted by officers of the Nigerian Police Force after he refused unseating himself for one of officers who demanded for the seat he was occupying.

Hear his story:

”On the 21st of February, between the time of 12pm and 1pm, I was on my way to Lekki phase one. I entered a commercial bus (danfo) which plies the lekki, Obalende route. I was feeling a bit queasy as a result of fever, so I decided to take a seat by the window side to enjoy the fresh air that would come in. I entered the bus and went for the last roll seat. I sat on the right corner ,awaited the bus to move.

About 15 minutes later, a young man in his late twenties or early 30s dressed in green mobile police uniform, who goes by the name MUHAMMAD MA approached me, and commanded me to move away from where I was seated for him to seat and I refused. I was surprised a police officer would conduct himself in such manner with his manner of approach. I politely told him he could sit next to me or seat of take a seat in the next roll, as there was still seat that will conveniently seat three other people. He responded by telling me, how dare me challenge him that, he wanted where I was seated and I refused to move even after explaining to him I wanted the fresh air, as I was not feeling fine. Before I could say anything further, he landed a heavy slap on my face. It was at this point an altercation started.

He got down from the bus and I got down too, and I started asking him what gave him right to slap me over a seat.  The other passengers started reprimanding him, and told him to take another seat. I demanded an apology from him. A man dressed in a millitary camouflage appeared from no where, who I believe is one of his cronies; came and instead of reprimanding this officer for his conduct, joined him in raining verbal assaults on me. Instead of the police man to be reasonable, he went ahead to slap me continually. He slapped me over ten times until I fell on the floor. He kicked me  that I became so confused and frustrated. As he entered the bus, as the bus was already moving, I remembered I still had my laptop in the back seat.

Thompson Oladotun

I managed to catch up with the bus to retrieve my laptop and bag. He told the bus not to stop but I managed to fetch my bag from the back seat, it was at this point that I was trying to seat that he pushed me off the bus, and I fell of the road again, this time the bus crushed my left lower leg and broke it. The police and the bus driver left me to my fate and took off.  I was taken home by sympathetic motorcyclists and agbero, who witnessed this police brutality… I was thereafter taken to National Orthopaedic Hospital in igbobi for treatment.”’

From the information gathered by Thompson Oladotun, the police man is said to be a staff of the Nigerian Police Force at Obalende Zone 2 headquarters in Lagos.

Mr. Oladotun is therefore demanding for justice for the violation of his dignity by these notorious men of the Nigerian Police.

TheNigerialawyer recalls that the issue of police brutality of legal practitioners is one that has become a major concern in the legal community.

http://thenigerialawyer.com/police-brutality-another-lawyer-thompson-oladotun-narrates-his-ordeal/
Re: A Policeman Push A Lawyer Down From A Moving Commercial Bus by Unionised(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2018
No smoke without fire...

I be lawyer, trouble na my work.

1 Like

Re: A Policeman Push A Lawyer Down From A Moving Commercial Bus by DaniDani(m): 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
And I remember seeing a sticker on a lawyer's car that reads " don't get mad, get a lawyer ". Oga victim, sorry about what happened, just do according to your (lawyers') idealogy. Litigation
Re: A Policeman Push A Lawyer Down From A Moving Commercial Bus by Greene66: 2:47am On Mar 11, 2018
The government needs to sanitize the police force. This is wrong.
Re: A Policeman Push A Lawyer Down From A Moving Commercial Bus by oderemo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
Greene66:
The government needs to sanitize the police force. This is wrong.
Wrong. The government need to sanitise the judiciary.

(1) (Reply)

See Names Of People Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue & Photos Of The Church / Corpse Of A Young Lady Dumped On Orlu/owerri Road, Imo (disturbing Photos) / The Youngest Person To Be Sentenced To Death In The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.