Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! (455 Views)

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / Was There Kaaba Before Abraham? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 11, 2018
Jesus encounter with the Jews at the temple.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. -JOHN 8:56-59

Now What’s the big deal about saying, "Before Abraham was, I AM"?

“I AM” is the name God gave Himself in Exodus 3:13-14: "Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Jesus was declaring to them in terms that are crystal clear to them that He is God, and that's what made them try to kill Him.

His message was simple. He came from a place called heaven. He was God who lived among us in human flesh. Earlier in John 1:15 John the Baptist told the crowds that Jesus existed before John was born. Yet, if we read Luke 1:1-80 we discover that John the Baptist was actually born before Jesus.
Both facts are true. Jesus existed before John the Baptist, since Jesus was God. When He entered this world in human form He was physically younger than John. The Holy Scriptures repeatedly confirm to us that Jesus existed as God before He entered this world in human form. That is why Jesus made the following statements,

I am the bread of life. - John 6:48

While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world. -John 9:5

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.” -John 11:25

Message Delivered!
#Shalom

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! by seunlayi(m): 5:52am On Mar 11, 2018
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! by vybzkartel: 6:19am On Mar 11, 2018
Amen

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! by Blakjewelry(m): 7:03am On Mar 11, 2018
Nope he didn't
Re: Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! by Angelparadise: 8:38am On Mar 11, 2018
What a logical conclusion .Proudly Christian!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! by damosky12(m): 8:59am On Mar 11, 2018
Jesus Christ is the message of the scriptures (the old testament). The writings of the prophets of the old testament foretold the coming of Christ, his death and the results of His death and resurrection.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

Acts 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth: 8:33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth. 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man? 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Hence, you can not build doctrines on old testament scriptures outside the revelation of Christ. You don't just quote old testament writings without congruence with the epistles (new testament letters). You can only interpret old testament scriptures in the context of what the epistles teach.

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Really Existed Before Abraham? You Need To Read This! by orisa37: 9:17am On Mar 11, 2018
In Spirit, Yes.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Lady Was Sent Away Today From Church For Wearing This / Rccg Sunday School 24 June, 2018 / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2018 Live Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.