Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? (5984 Views)

Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation / Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 12/10/2017) Obedient Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by JesusSonOfGod: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2018
God is not looking for perfect people, He's looking for obedient people so He will make them perfect. He's a perfect God, when we obey Him, He makes us perfect through His own perfection.

We can never be perfect on our own, we can only have perfection of God as a gift. So stop thinking you are too sinful to serve God or not qualified, just come to Him, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Personal Savior and He will live in you, His Spirit living in you automatically makes you perfect, but to preserve this perfection you have to let the Holy Spirit lead you.

You must let the Holy Spirit lead you by spending time with the word, praying and obeying the commands of Jesus Christ. That way the Holy Spirit will lead you in paths of righteousness and empower you to overcome sin. But remember, you become perfect by just accepting Jesus as your Lord and Personal Savior, but this must be preserved through continuous obedience.

Your being perfect is not by your own effort, it is a gift, but preserving the gift of perfection is by living in continuous obedience to His word.

John 14:23-24 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Galatians 3:2-3 I only want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Galatians 5:16-21 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will never fulfill the desires of the flesh. For what the flesh wants is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit wants is opposed to the flesh. They are opposed to each other, and so you do not do what you want to do. But if you are being led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the actions of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that. I am telling you now, as I have told you in the past, that people who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John 1:8-10 If we go around bragging, “We have no sin,” then we are fooling ourselves and are strangers to the truth. But if we own up to our sins, God shows that He is faithful and just by forgiving us of our sins and purifying us from the pollution of all the bad things we have done. If we say, “We have not sinned,” then we depict God as a liar and show that we have not let His word find its way into our hearts.

deeming justice comes through the faithfulness of Jesus, the Anointed One, the Liberating King, who makes salvation a reality for all who believe—without the slightest partiality. You see, all have sinned, and all their futile attempts to reach God in His glory fail. Yet they are now saved and set right by His free gift of grace through the redemption available only in Jesus the Anointed. When God set Him up to be the sacrifice—the seat of mercy where sins are atoned through faith—His blood became the demonstration of God’s own restorative justice. All of this confirms His faithfulness to the promise, for over the course of human history God patiently held back as He dealt with the sins being committed.

11 Likes

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by JesusSonOfGod: 7:17am On Sep 23, 2018
Happy Sunday
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Ebirra: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2018
JesusSonOfGod just robber me of FTC

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by IMASTEX: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2018
Those he chose to call. He qualifies. There isn't such thing as being perfect.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:02am On Sep 23, 2018
Despite David's evil act when he sent Uriah to the war front so he could have the opportunity to sleep with his wife..
God still referred to him as the Man after his heart. Although he asked for forgiveness.

So the answer to your question is Obedient people because even the man after God's heart wasn't perfect.
Perfection is for God alone.

10 Likes

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by pinkApril: 10:02am On Sep 23, 2018
nice writeup
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:03am On Sep 23, 2018
.......OBEDIENCE is better than sacrifice.........
So says the HOLY BOOK!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by skubido(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2018
Nobody is perfect, So obedient is the key

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2018
An obedient person will inadvertently be perfect na angry
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by tstx(m): 10:06am On Sep 23, 2018
Life..... We are all victims of circumstance..

@poster if to say na Muslim family them born you into... Your heading would have bin
Is Allah Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People?

4 Likes

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 23, 2018
How can you be perfect without being obedient?

Jesus said if you love me follow my commandments.

Nobody can be perfect and again Jesus said in me ye are perfect. We're perfect in him.

So we must try as possible to obey him even when we sin we should learn to ask for forgiveness.

We're like fish, even the air we breathe is sin nobody on earth is without sin and God is not going to send people to hell because of their sin but because they rejected the only son of God Jesus Christ that's all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Dottore: 10:11am On Sep 23, 2018
God is not looking for anybody. He created all flesh. He chooses whom he wishes at any given time to accomplish a purpose.

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by hush15: 10:12am On Sep 23, 2018
faceURfront:
An obedient person will inadvertently be perfect na angry

Nah, obedience helps you get mercy when it matters most.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2018
post=71448473:
.......OBEDIENT is better than sacrifice.........
So says the HOLY BOOK!

Yes OBEDIENCE!

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Doerstech(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2018
Obedient peps that will be PERFECT....
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by TheSPEAKER(m): 10:25am On Sep 23, 2018
He is looking for perfectly obedient people, not even partially obedient people.

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by veneza(f): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2018
Please don't get confuse, God is looking for perfect ones and know this obedience to Gods word is the route to perfection. Gods word are for spiritually minded person.
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2018
OBEDIENT PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by WIXE(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2018
Nobody is perfect. Obedience to God’s commands is the true sign of your love for God, and the only way you can know if you are obeying God is by knowing his Word.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2018
How can an imperfect god be looking for perfect beings? How can a tyrant be look fir obedient people.

Iranu
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by trueking: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2018
from your write up "perfection" is equal to "Righteousness " which is a free gift.

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by DIMIZZY1: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2018
[b][/b] Yeah, we'll keep trying as christians
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by frozen70(f): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2018
No one is perfect on the surface of this earth, non

Obidience is all what God need form us to be in good relationship with God

Obidience means, self discipline, tolerance, accommodating, forgiveness, respect, humbleness and fear of God

If you are not obedient you can't have the aboved meantioned qualities

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2018
hush15:

Nah, obedience helps you get mercy when it matters most.

An obedient person would obey Jesus' command to love your neighbour and to love God. you obey that, you will be perfect

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by bluefilm: 10:44am On Sep 23, 2018
God, if he, she or it, actually exists, doesn't even know or care about you.

So, to hell with your perfection and/or obedience.
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by EternalTruths: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
How can you be perfect without being obedient?

Jesus said if you love me follow my commandments.

Nobody can be perfect and again Jesus said in me ye are perfect. We're perfect in him.

So we must try as possible to obey him even when we sin we should learn to ask for forgiveness.

We're like fish, even the air we breathe is sin nobody on earth is without sin and God is not going to send people to hell because of their sin but because they rejected the only son of God Jesus Christ that's all.

You can be perfect based on the commandments but disobedient based on the leading of the HolySpirit.

In summary, one can be morally upright without being obedient.

Eg When you never care to ask God concerning His views on issues and you draw conclusions without checking out for His own conclusion, take note that you aren't obedient to the Lord God and perfect in His sight.
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
God is not looking for perfect people, He's looking for obedient people so He will make them perfect. He's a perfect God, when we obey Him, He makes us perfect through His own perfection.

We can never be perfect on our own, we can only have perfection of God as a gift. So stop thinking you are too sinful to serve God or not qualified, just come to Him, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Personal Savior and He will live in you, His Spirit living in you automatically makes you perfect, but to preserve this perfection you have to let the Holy Spirit lead you.

You must let the Holy Spirit lead you by spending time with the word, praying and obeying the commands of Jesus Christ. That way the Holy Spirit will lead you in paths of righteousness and empower you to overcome sin. But remember, you become perfect by just accepting Jesus as your Lord and Personal Savior, but this must be preserved through continuous obedience.

Your being perfect is not by your own effort, it is a gift, but preserving the gift of perfection is by living in continuous obedience to His word.

John 14:23-24 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Galatians 3:2-3 I only want to learn this from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Galatians 5:16-21 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will never fulfill the desires of the flesh. For what the flesh wants is opposed to the Spirit, and what the Spirit wants is opposed to the flesh. They are opposed to each other, and so you do not do what you want to do. But if you are being led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Now the actions of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, rivalry, jealously, outbursts of anger, quarrels, conflicts, factions, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild partying, and things like that. I am telling you now, as I have told you in the past, that people who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John 1:8-10 If we go around bragging, “We have no sin,” then we are fooling ourselves and are strangers to the truth. But if we own up to our sins, God shows that He is faithful and just by forgiving us of our sins and purifying us from the pollution of all the bad things we have done. If we say, “We have not sinned,” then we depict God as a liar and show that we have not let His word find its way into our hearts.

deeming justice comes through the faithfulness of Jesus, the Anointed One, the Liberating King, who makes salvation a reality for all who believe—without the slightest partiality. You see, all have sinned, and all their futile attempts to reach God in His glory fail. Yet they are now saved and set right by His free gift of grace through the redemption available only in Jesus the Anointed. When God set Him up to be the sacrifice—the seat of mercy where sins are atoned through faith—His blood became the demonstration of God’s own restorative justice. All of this confirms His faithfulness to the promise, for over the course of human history God patiently held back as He dealt with the sins being committed.

God has no interest in anything happening on earth.

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by orisa37: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2018
Obedient people.

1 Like

Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by olowobaba10: 11:55am On Sep 23, 2018
A HUMAN BEING CAN NEVER BE PERFECT IN GOD'S PRESENCE THOUGH WE SHOULD BE STRIVING TOWARDS PERFECTION. SAYING THAT YOU ARE PERFECT IS A MARK OF PRIDE.
Re: Is God Looking For Perfect People Or Obedient People? by Chukazu: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2018
What does it mean to be perfect?... obedience to God
Is perfection

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lucifer Was A Choir Master / Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife?. / The Best Argument For The Existence Of GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.