Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,623 members, 7,813,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate (801 Views)

Blackwater Withdraws From Yemen After Heavy Defeat By Houthi Shiite Separatists / Anderson Cooper Admits That He's Gay / Barack Obama Suffers Another Defeat As He Is Knocked Off Forbes Power Top Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 30, 2010
By Chris Marshall | 09:08:21 | 30 April 2010

Gordon Brown last night admitted he will likely be out of office in a week’s time as Conservative leader David Cameron was voted winner of the final leaders’ debate.

YouGov and ComRes polls put Cameron as the winner of the debate, with Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg in second place. A Populus poll for the Times however, put Cameron and Clegg in joint first place.

In the majority of polls Brown remained in last place. He finished with the admission that his time in Number 10 Downing Street was probably over: ‘I know that if things stay as they are, perhaps in eight days' time David Cameron, perhaps supported by Nick Clegg, would be in office.’

The debate between the three main party leaders was supposed to focus on the economy, but none of the leaders provided fresh details of how they would cut the massive deficit in the public finances.

Instead it soon turned into a debate about immigration, with Clegg being accused of planning an amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Clegg, who maintained his attacks on old-style politics and tried to distance himself from the ‘point-scoring’ of the other two, said that the attack on Lib Dem immigration policy was based on misleading claims. He said to Cameron: ‘Why don’t we save time and just assume every time you speak about our policies you are wrong.’

Brown stuck to his perceived strengths, emphasizing how he had run the economy through both the good and bad times. He had ‘stopped crisis becoming calamity’ the prime minister said. He used his opening statement to admit his mistake over ‘bigot-gate’, and the Guardian/ICM poll taken after the debate showed a majority of people forgive Brown for the gaffe.

Cameron chose his assaults carefully, describing Brown as ‘desperate’ with nothing positive left to say. He used a brief reference to the Greece’s debt crisis to attack Clegg: 'People need to know the Lib Dems are still in favour of joining the euro. If we were in the euro now your taxes , would be going to Greece.'

http://www.citywire.co.uk/professional/-/special/elections/content.aspx?ID=397219
Re: Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate by Ikomi(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
"Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate"

You see you have taken up your cross of lies again, if I should plead with you to drop it, you would come up with all sort of insults. Before I know it your brother ElRazur will join you. undecided
Re: Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ikomi:

"Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate"

You see you have taken up your cross of lies again, if I should plead with you to drop it, you would come up with all sort of insults. Before I know it your brother ElRazur will join you. undecided

Don't tell me you forgot your brain at home again today grin
Re: Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate by Ikomi(m): 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2010
frosbel:

Don't tell me you forgot your brain at home again today grin

Your brother ElRazur knows more about brains, am sure he can look at me and tell - logically - if I have left my brains at home or not. Bunch of brainsicks.
Re: Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate by ElRazur: 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ikomi, it is uncalled for. Me and you can disagree all we want in one thread, but it really sucks if it is taken out of there. A mature man stays away from things like this for crying out loud.
Re: Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate by Ikomi(m): 9:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
ElRazur:

Ikomi, it is uncalled for. Me and you can disagree all we want in one thread, but it really sucks if it is taken out of there. A mature man stays away from things like this for crying out loud.

Seems that worked, you no av been working on that logic theory of yours.

So I thought I could logically pull your legs a bit. Am glad that worked logically. lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Brown Admits Defeat As Cameron Wins Final Leaders’ Debate by ElRazur: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ikomi:

Seems that worked, you no av been working on that logic theory of yours.

So I thought I could logically pull your legs a bit. Am glad that worked logically. lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okay. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Blogger Detained Over A Campaign To Allow Women To Drive / Wahala O... Boxer (72) Beats Thief To A Pulp / River In China Mysteriously Turns Bloody Red Overnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.