Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank (17672 Views)

Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank / Barclays Group Representative Office Lagos / Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Jaykolo10(m): 11:29am On Mar 12, 2018
vcente:
they left when buhari entered office, seeing that he is leaving they want to come back once more

1 Like

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Kennyfancy(m): 11:30am On Mar 12, 2018
hotel reservation
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by erico2k2(m): 11:30am On Mar 12, 2018
drips8:
once the south African groups arrive, nigerians will forget about nigerian banks
This is true and I'm sure their forex policy will favour business people in Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2018
and so? Make we fry water?
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Boss13: 11:31am On Mar 12, 2018
This is a good move to enable proper financial services being delivered. Nigerian Banks are not doing proper banking.

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by onatisi(m): 11:32am On Mar 12, 2018
erico2k2:

This is true and I'm sure their forex policy will favour business people in Nigeria .
They can't offer beyond what cbn allows

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 12, 2018
hmm , gbege, but our indigenous banks are performing below expectation, no customer service, they just get:ou to open an account , once you give them ur money thats it

its time for some competition

1 Like

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by ofuonyebi: 11:36am On Mar 12, 2018
we are waiting for you...SA...please don't even delay at all...

God has a way of paying back what one has lost to the devil..

we lost friends & families fighting your apartheid for your freedom...we also wasted millions or billions of dollars ..

to help you grow...so, there is nothing strange to have our pay day back!...bring you backlays banks...bring all the companies etc

the wise among us will only thank GOD for his divine intervention...
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Nevee: 11:37am On Mar 12, 2018
This looks good in terms of best practice and even staff welfare. Case in point: Citi, Stanbic and Stan Chart.

Some indigenous banks have tainted the banking industry lately. Developments like this would (gradually) overhaul the system.

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by omoharry(f): 11:39am On Mar 12, 2018
sammy4life1:
Am just not a fan of these people don't know why..... Hate MTN hate DSTV vs GoTV in fact hate the country South Africa
me too..anything south Africa investment in Nigeria makes me sad..

4 Likes

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by larryUG(m): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2018
jerryunit48:
Why should we even allow anything from South Africa here when they easily forget how Nigeria helped during apartheid? Let’s look for investors somewhere else
Did south africa stop our gtbs and zeniths and diamonds from operating in tgeir country? Let our glo and co move into SA market too

2 Likes

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by lakesider(m): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2018
vcente:
they left when buhari entered office, seeing that he is leaving they want to come back once more

Were they in nigeria before
We all hate buhari
But stop lying
E be like say the 30k wet pdp dey pay u monthly is making you crazy
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Butoneday2(m): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
Buhari why? Why Buhar? Why is it that every fuuccking thing in this country is fallen apart. But Y. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by kelexray(m): 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2018
when it comes to business forget relationship and let the best takes the contract, maybe when dey come 9ja banks go sit up angry angry angry angry
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by vcente(m): 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2018
lakesider:

Were they in nigeria before
We all hate buhari
But stop lying
E be like say the 30k wet pdp dey pay u monthly is making you crazy
yep, read it once more.
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
marvin906:
barclays in nigeria..
nigerian bank are about to see terrible things..
especially that stupid Eco bank how people use that crase man bank i dont know
You mean bank of old hags and frustrated ladies.
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by mfm04622: 12:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
vcente:

Is it not better to keep quiet than speak and let everybody know you are a
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by mfm04622: 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
vcente:
yep, read it once more.

They left when the bank was nationalised in the 70s. Wetin concern Buhari with this?
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by mfm04622: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
larryUG:

Did south africa stop our gtbs and zeniths and diamonds from operating in tgeir country? Let our glo and co move into SA market too

They don't have the money to compete with South African banks in South Africa. As Ghanaian banks can't compete with Nigerian Banks in Nigeria
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by mfm04622: 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2018
drips8:
once the south African groups arrive, nigerians will forget about nigerian banks

Why would they? We already have South African banks and their market share is small. This one will come and join the queue
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by ClumsyFlimsy: 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
marvin906:
barclays in nigeria..
nigerian bank are about to see terrible things..
especially that stupid Eco bank how people use that crase man bank i dont know
I swear ecobank na horrible bank

I jejely left my 1000 naira which dey withheld as minimum deposit balance

Yet this bastards kept on debuting from the 1000 till e turn 300

now if I receive another money they idiots go still collect 1k from the money then give me 300

That bank is the worst bank ever cheesy

1 Like

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by skallion7(m): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
ofuonyebi:

we are waiting for you...SA...please don't even delay at all...

God has a way of paying back what one has lost to the devil..

we lost friends & families fighting your apartheid for your freedom...we also wasted millions or billions of dollars ..

to help you grow...so, there is nothing strange to have our pay day back!...bring you backlays banks...bring all the companies etc

the wise among us will only thank GOD for his divine intervention...
Funny!, are you looking for job cos this your this your prayer and desperation no be here oo
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by erico2k2(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2018
onatisi:

They can't offer beyond what cbn allows
Not if they permit offshore accounts like the way HSBC does for us UK/China .and I'm struggling to see how this is south African bank cos Barclays is UK .
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by vcente(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2018
mfm04622:

They left when the bank was nationalised in the 70s. Wetin concern Buhari with this?
Incase you don't Know, they withdrew their Investment bank in 2016
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by marvin906(m): 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

I swear ecobank na horrible bank

I jejely left my 1000 naira which dey withheld as minimum deposit balance

Yet this bastards kept on debuting from the 1000 till e turn 300

now if I receive another money they idiots go still collect 1k from the money then give me 300

That bank is the worst bank ever cheesy

hahahahahhahahhahhahha..
fidelity is still doing the same thing to me..
i left that account with 1k three years back..
na that 1k dere go add interest and still deduct
any time i see alert i dey laugh.
buh their customer service is better than eco..
i don't know why eco bank staffs always seem frustrated
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by mfm04622: 1:40pm On Mar 12, 2018
vcente:
Incase you don't Know, they withdrew their Investment bank in 2016

Never knew that. Did they their shares on the stock exchange or to another institutional investor?
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by sammy4life1(m): 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2018
ehardetola:

Which one your country produce that's better than what they have?

It may not be better but if we accept our own with time we would improve. Imagine their own products were rejected the way we are rejecting our own..... They won't be where they are today...... In essence charity begins at home let's learn to encourage and support our local products

1 Like

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by Gerrard59(m): 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2018
Majority of the posters except for a handful are cretinuous fvcktards!

Stewpid people. They forget about the jobs to be created, investments poured in, real estate acquired etc. Fvcktards that have no semblance of how investments are made.

That said, I thought Jes Staley agreed to sell their stake in the Africa division?
https://www.ft.com/content/75fccfd8-f8d6-11e6-9516-2d969e0d3b65

1 Like

Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by jobbers: 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
oh
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by alanka(f): 3:16pm On Mar 12, 2018
After GT liquidation and acquisition, pahaps I remember I need a bank account or banking business.

Until when GT is no more, then I can remember to open account.

The coming and the olds are all thieves.
Re: Barclays Africa Group To Acquire Nigerian Bank by vcente(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
mfm04622:

Never knew that. Did they their shares on the stock exchange or to another institutional investor?
they were not listed yet because of Iicenses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / BUA Group Signs Technology Deal With France's Axens For A Refinery In Akwa Ibom / IMF Proposes Devaluation Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.