Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,106 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture (11542 Views)

GUO Charges Youths To Embrace Agriculture / Emir Of Gaya Urges Youths To Embrace Agriculture / Nigeria Should Embrace Agriculture With Open Hands - Governor Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Opinionated: 2:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
By Yakubu Jimoh

Recently, I was given a task by my boss to find out some certain things on agriculture. As I was doing the research, I learnt many things and discovered a lot. I started with Rwanda, because I am going to the eastern part of Africa. I discovered 2 sisters, Fidelis Karangwa and Consolata Nakure who have been doing great in agriculture. When they finished from university, they saved some money for creating jobs themselves while still having paid employment.

They had the dream to become farmers, they went to Kigali Farms to recieve training on cultivating mushroom. They tried in the first instance, they failed but they kepy trying till they were successful. They have made a name for themselves in Kigali and are training youths and local farmers on mushroom farming. Presently, they have empowered and employed 10 people.

I look forward to visiting them in Kigali.

They succeeded due to 3 reasons:

1. Determination: They were determined to become farmers, some family and friends tried to discourage them. Luckily for them, their dad was supportive of thier dream. Papa was supporting them with finance and advice, they were determined.

2. Commitment: These 2 sisters were committed and serious in becoming latest agricpreneur in Rwanda, they were never discouraged by thier gender status. They never saw themselves as slay queens or big ladies, they knew what they want to achieve.

3. Patience: Thier mushroom failed in the first instance, they didn’t give up, They went to another training and their patience and persistence later paid off for them.

I want to commend President Paul Kagame of Rwanda for keying into agriculture, 75% Of Rwandans are farmers. This is what they are using to build thier nation and economy after the 1994 Genocide. They are doing great in mushroom, tea and coffee.

To my Nigerian sisters, stop pursuing white collar jobs, go for agriculture. Start something and do something, stop blaming the government or lack of funds.

Instead of buying Brazilian hair, fixing nails, buying big phones and costly dresses, minimize your spending, go into farming.

Take action today and see how supports will roll in.

www.opinions.ng/nigerian-slay-queens-embrace-agriculture/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by BeingFrank(m): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
Some Of Them Are So Used To Begging, Demanding And Feeling Every Guy In The World Owe Them. Such Girls, Even If You Give Them A Decent Job, They'll Prefer Waiting And Demanding For Free And Sharp Cash. Unfortunately, They Fail To Ask Themselves This Question, " For How Long Will This Slaying Business Last?" As The Younger Girls Keep Growing Fast To Kick Them Out Of Their Current Positions. To The Reasonable Ones Out There, Your Actions Determine Your Worth, Your Worth Determines The Type Of Guys That Come Into Your Life.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 12, 2018
Okay o. That one dey.
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by chinawapz(m): 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2018
A word is enough for the wise

If you need a good writer for a unique content just check my signature for my contact

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Coldfeets: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2018
Easier said than done.
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by engrpheleeks(m): 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
I have nothing to say
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Emotionss: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
Na today
When they are busy with bb naijab and Telemundo
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Donopsiano(m): 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
Preach it sir..
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by salbis(m): 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
Nothing beats earning a living through decent ways. Sure way to go slay queens!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by sammy4life1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
Nigerian Slayqueens are too busy slaying to notice there exist anything like agriculture and besides slaying pays them better(faster) off than Agriculture where they would have to wait for months to get the products from the farm to the market forgetting that quick money disappears quickly also

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by visionex: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
BeingFrank:
Some Of Them Are So Used To Begging, Demanding And Feeling Every Guy In The World Owe Them. Such Girls, Even If You Give Them A Decent Job, They'll Prefer Waiting And Demanding For Free And Sharp Cash. Unfortunately, They Fail To Ask Themselves This Question, " For How Long Will This Slaying Business Last?" As The Younger Girls Keep Growing Fast To Kick Them Out Of Their Current Positions. To The Reasonable Ones Out There, Your Actions Determine Your Worth, Your Worth Determines The Type Of Guys That Come Into Your Life.
Bro u took d words off my mouth, nothing more to add

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by CYBERWEAVER(m): 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
BeingFrank:

guy i like ur comment

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by marvin906(m): 4:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
which slay queen is he talking about naija girls..
the only thing dey know how to do is spread their legs
like devil inviting you to hell..
all for the highest bidder..
later na dem go dey shout gender equality

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Angelawhite(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
grin
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Acidosis(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
Please and please, if you're not doing agriculture on a large scale, it is not worth the time and effort.

If what you have in that plate is all you harvested, then I'm SORRY, it is not worth your time.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by musa234(m): 4:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
Fulani herdsmen will not let you harvest your crops in peace.. Nigeria is not Rwanda

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by petkoffdrake2(m): 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
Which one is the writer?

Why not she join them and quit her job?
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by tokrizy: 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2018
9ja slay queens are not ready to even cook their indomie self..dem go go meet aboki to do mishy...how dem wan take farm?
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by maestroferddi: 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2018
You wicked o...

Nigerian girls that are waiting Tom Cruise na im you dey ask to go farm...

Witch kain talk be that...
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Aden777(m): 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
Nice one here
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Bjergtrolde: 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2018
Opinionated:
By Yakubu Jimoh

Recently, I was given a task by my boss to find out some certain things on agriculture. As I was doing the research, I learnt many things and discovered a lot. I started with Rwanda, because I am going to the eastern part of Africa. I discovered 2 sisters, Fidelis Karangwa and Consolata Nakure who have been doing great in agriculture. When they finished from university, they saved some money for creating jobs themselves while still having paid employment.

They had the dream to become farmers, they went to Kigali Farms to recieve training on cultivating mushroom. They tried in the first instance, they failed but they kepy trying till they were successful. They have made a name for themselves in Kigali and are training youths and local farmers on mushroom farming. Presently, they have empowered and employed 10 people.

I look forward to visiting them in Kigali.

They succeeded due to 3 reasons:

1. Determination: They were determined to become farmers, some family and friends tried to discourage them. Luckily for them, their dad was supportive of thier dream. Papa was supporting them with finance and advice, they were determined.

2. Commitment: These 2 sisters were committed and serious in becoming latest agricpreneur in Rwanda, they were never discouraged by thier gender status. They never saw themselves as slay queens or big ladies, they knew what they want to achieve.

3. Patience: Thier mushroom failed in the first instance, they didn’t give up, They went to another training and their patience and persistence later paid off for them.

I want to commend President Paul Kagame of Rwanda for keying into agriculture, 75% Of Rwandans are farmers. This is what they are using to build thier nation and economy after the 1994 Genocide. They are doing great in mushroom, tea and coffee.

To my Nigerian sisters, stop pursuing white collar jobs, go for agriculture. Start something and do something, stop blaming the government or lack of funds.

Instead of buying Brazilian hair, fixing nails, buying big phones and costly dresses, minimize your spending, go into farming.

Take action today and see how supports will roll in.

www.opinions.ng/nigerian-slay-queens-embrace-agriculture/

They are already cultivating and harvesting from guys grin
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2018
let them continue slaying na, even oloshos retire some day
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Nymeria247(m): 4:34pm On Mar 12, 2018
So we should all venture into agriculture so that Fulani Cattle can feed fat on our painfully cultivated crops abi?
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by AZeD1(m): 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2018
The author of this post will feel he's written something sensible.

If "slay queens" want to "slay", let them "slay".

Live and let live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by BedLam: 4:39pm On Mar 12, 2018
They had the dream to become farmers, they went to Kigali Farms to recieve training on cultivating mushroom.

Did you miss this part or you think we don't have zealous people who are ready to work ? Assistance is the key here. Determination is zero if you can't get your hands on the right things needed.

Have you even heard how poor farmers in Edo state lost all of there farmlands to mayhem caused by Fulani herdsmen? Add security to your list.

Who do you think would labor and have it lost the next morning ?
Please talk of government support and security first.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Pavore9: 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
We all have a right to live as we want to live. One can not excel in where passion does not lie.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by sharpwriter(m): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
musa234:
Fulani herdsmen will not let you harvest your crops in peace.. Nigeria is not Rwanda

Exactly...one of the problems. Agric is good, but better to think twice about farming in this Buhari herdsmen period.
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by pat077: 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2018
Good. I'm sure they don't have Buhari's brothers in their neighborhood grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2018
But this is obsession now, is their slaying disturbing you? if you dont have or dont want to give them money anymore leave them nah, haba
Re: Why Nigerian Slay Queens Should Embrace Agriculture by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2018
The mindset that agriculture (or creation of food products) is for some unsophisticated woman in the village is a societal issue, not just the women folk.

It stems from the colonial era, where those who worked with the Whites in an office setting saw themselves better off than the rest of the population, which at the time labored in the fields; the only real work available at the time.

Sadly today, graduates think they can only work an office job, that agriculture is for the undegreed folks. This way of thinking must stop. Our society is not advanced hence, no office jobs are available.

Governments should recruit people not to sit in offices and be unproductive. Some civil servants can work in plantation farms and, really, states should convert all unused lands into plantations so we can feed ourselves and create jobs. Imagine the millions of direct labor jobs that would be created if this is done. Governors should explore this.

Indeed, every capable Nigerian with access to land should use it to create food products. Farming is for all, not for women only.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am In Need Of Constant Supplier Of Eggs Either In Low Or High Quantity / Goat Business Booms: How To Start Goat Farming Business And Start Making Money / FG Plans To Review The Concession Of Silos In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.