Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools (16272 Views)

Why Is There No Uniform Cut Of Marks For Unity Schools In Nigeria? / FG Confirms Closure Of FGC, Kwali, Security Beef-Up In Unity Colleges / The Rot In Unity Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by joudini(m): 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2018
This clown drawing parallels with FIFA world cup doesn't realise that despite representatives from all continents, merit is maintained and that is why you have UEFA having 13 countries outside the host and you have CONCACAF with 3 direct slots.

This clown...hahahahahaha.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by connkg(m): 2:50pm On Mar 13, 2018
0monnak0da:

The logical problem with your submission is this:

You should be argung that the schools should be scrapped.

Unity schools are not the mechanism for providing secondary school education for the majority of pupils as this also is not within the purview of the Federal governent.
Secondary school education is a state goverment function.

In our wisdom we decided decades ago to have Unity schools and the terms of engagementt were clear from the outset. To start bringing in emotive arguments like one child putting another dow is churlish.
The shools are set up fundamentally on a quota syste philosophy to foster unity. If we disagree with that premise then scrap them. They were never intended as centres of excellence for our brightest and best but as a means of National Integration.
The financial argument is that if the schools were scrapped the money would and should be shared equally to all the states. It is not by any means a meritocracy. The Unity schools have a small quota for National Merit and that quota woul from the figures I see entirely be taken by southern states.There is no cut off mark for the National Merit quota on a state by state basis.

The thing is National Merit as it is called exists but it is a minority percentage so people can debate what is the optimaal level for National Merit

Next is n environmental quota to provide for the Host state and neighbouring states and then the State quota.

So For example State quota may be 60 or 70 % . Environmental quota 20% and National Merit 10% .

The total slots of Unity school admissions is less than 0.01% of secondary school provision in Nigeria so there are many alternatives and at any rate these are the only National secondary schools. There is no oint for these schools to exist or Ohhanaeze states can opt out and ask for their share of the money to be given to them.

I am a full chamion of meritocracy and fights against destructive quotta systems but not for Unity schools.We should either scrrap them or allow uninterested states to opt out.

The reality is the Federal money that goes into these states cannot be appropriated for a few states no matter how clever the kids are. That simply is not the role of the FG.

In summary, is merit exclusive of Quota System?
Can Quota System be practised after equal performance tests? Does a cultural interchange only occur when performance levels are different? I do not think the current practice was the original idea.
Everything you wrote DOES NOT negate merit. QS and merit are not mutually exclusive.
Do not confuse QS with low performance.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by 0monnak0da: 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2018
connkg:

In summary, is merit exclusive of Quota System?
Can Quota System be practised after equal performance tests? Does a cultural interchange only occur when performance levels are different? I do not think the current practice was the original idea.
Everything you wrote DOES NOT negate merit. QS and merit are not mutually exclusive.
Do not confuse QS with low performance.

First of all I don't now what you mean by merit.

How many countries do "entrance examinations"? There is nothing like that in the UK state schools at all.

Still their education system is way ahead of ours.

The Nigerian system is that we are very corrupt by nature and so called entrance examinations have been corruted by cheating but even if that were not the case should an exam be used to deterine who goes in ? I don't think so. I donot think suc exams should exist at the level of secondary school.
They are not present in many countries.

In the system that we currently operate there is a place for Merit it is called National Merit

So people are admitted via the following streams

1. National Merit ( those with the Highest score No quota)
2. Environmental Quota( Those with the highest scores from the HOST STATE and neighbouring states( there is a list of neighbours for each school)
3. State quota( Every state has a quota and again this is filled with those with the highest scores)

No 3 has the highest proportion followed by 2 and 1.
One can debate what the proportion of 3 2 and 1 should be .
That is a political debate

This debate has taken place in many countries where the opulation is homogenous and so it becomes a CLASS debate rather than an ethnic one. The children of rich people ,academics, docttos ,lawyers etc benefit. Many have argued that all schools funded by the governmment should be the same quality and entrance exams eliminated. Still some schools end up being better.Generaly those in areas where the wealthy live. I am sure to some degree that is part fo the issue in Nigeria too. Eventually many countrries like the UK scrapped entrance exams completely.
Still you would find quotas even for disabled and such like.So it all depends on wwhat kind of society we want to build but the idea that your performance in an entrance exam at age 10 should deterine the rest of your life is abhorrent to many.
Personally if a paarent is particularly concerned about merit in today's Nigeria then the last place they would send their wards to is a Unity school
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by NafeesaAA(f): 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
Let me break it down; Some call the system "Quota System" others call it "Affirmative Action" (you may search for that). It's primarily designed "to encourage" participation in an activity, usually when a particular group of persons or people have been found out not to partake in that activity as much as other persons or people. Everyone knows Northern Nigeria is the least literate part of Nigeria. So how can literacy be encouraged? Simply by increasing the number of participants by LOWERING their cut off marks which by the way doesn't infringe on any other region's "share".

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by NafeesaAA(f): 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2018
Firstpage:

Scumbag! you are not even bold enough to quote me. So you don't know that in Unity schools, Students from Anambra are more than students from Zamfara? the joke is on your dumb ass. 'Unity' schools are founded on the basis of unity just like 'world' cup, diversity is the aim. If not, teams like saudi arabia, iran, new Zealand would never qualify for world cup.

Why is it that only Igbos wail about the inequal cut off mark for admission into Unity Schools? Are they the only tribe in Nigeria. Is it by force to send your Children to Unity Schools?

There are only 104 federal unity schools in Nigeria.

Meanwhile there are tens of thousands of secondary schools in Nigeria - State and public owned, why not send your highly intelligent kids there. Better still why not lobby your governors to set up dis-unity schools in your region, and set up whatever criteria you like for admission.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by NafeesaAA(f): 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2018
I repeat, the unity school is not a school for the academically gifted.

You obviously do not know that a high cut off is a function of high scores by candidates from their respective states.

I'll try to simplify the process of determining cut off marks to you. I'm not saying it is word perfect, but it suffices.

If Anambra has a slot for 25 and the least score of the 1st 25 is 60, then cut-off becomes 60 for Anambra to fill its own quota.
If Sokoto has a slot for 25 and the least score of the 1st 25 is 15, then the cut-off becomes 15 for Sokoto to fill its own quota.

Pleease, please and please, how has Sokoto cheated Anambra when Anambra fixed its own high scores by internal competition between fellow Anambrarians for their state slot, and by virtue of its academic superiority to Sokoto?
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Firstpage: 3:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
joudini:
This clown drawing parallels with FIFA world cup doesn't realise that despite representatives from all continents, merit is maintained and that is why you have UEFA having 13 countries outside the host and you have CONCACAF with 3 direct slots.

This clown...hahahahahaha.

This fool does not know that some states have more 'quotas' in Unity schools despite representatives from all states of the federation. Anambra have more students than Zamfara and Yobe.

To you igbos, all the schools should be filled with only igbos to satisfy your greed. If you don't see the analogy, then your supposed education is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Firstpage: 3:51pm On Mar 13, 2018
NafeesaAA:

Why is it that only Igbos wail about the inequal cut off mark for admission into Unity Schools? Are they the only tribe in Nigeria. Is it by force to send your Children to Unity Schools?

There are only 104 federal unity schools in Nigeria.

Meanwhile there are tens of thousands of secondary schools in Nigeria - State and public owned, why not send your highly intelligent kids there. Better still why not lobby your governors to set up dis-unity schools in your region, and set up whatever criteria you like for admission.

they are too intolerant and greedy to live with others peacefully. to them everything must go their way. merit to them is when it favours ibos. when it favors other, it is favoritism.

They based Amina's achievement on QS, but failed to know that The newly appointed ICC president and the world bank vps are also based on Nigerian and African quotas in the international organisations. If the whites wants to use merit, no African would achieve those positions.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by kernel504(m): 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
QuotaSystem:

A remarkable majority of quotasystem products are a lot better than half-baked, barely literate products of state and LG owned institutions; this is a fact and the proof is right here on nairaland.

You see why the South keep producing scholars of international standard and repute, while you keep producing Almajiris and terrorists.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Alexk2(m): 4:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
Chukazu:

In that case, it will be just to increase the slot allotted the states with the highest cut-off.

There are better things we can do to increase overall access and interest for education...not the way FG is going about it

If some people don't want to go to school, you don't force it.
you still don't get it. states with highest cut-offs are still well ahead in terms of the number of students that qualifies. The high cut-off mark is only not to overblow the capacity of those unity schools and not to shortchange any state or region...
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by luvinhubby(m): 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2018
maasoap:

A judge recalled him, pure and simple. If the police refused to comply with with judgement that included promotion and payment of backlog of arrears, the man would still go back to court. Police authorities have got no options than to comply.
Now, go back to the case and judge's verdicts, you will understand what went wrong with the case that led to the acquittal of that policeman. It was unfortunate that he was freed, the judge had no choice.

Which judgement recalled Maina and ordered for his promotion? Did the same judgement also order for his redeployment?

Go back again and read, the judge struck out Danjuma's for lack dilligent prosecution, and did the same judge order his re-instatement and promotion also?
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by engrchykae(m): 6:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
joudini:

Do you have any sense at all? What are they supposed to do on this case that they haven't been doing as a cultural organization?

What is the correlation between the demands for an equitable educational justice with the political drivel you have up there?

Pathetic filth.
the north have used their mouth to confess that the south are their advantaged lords and saviors educationally so i suggest we let them remain in their self induced backseat.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by engrchykae(m): 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2018
joudini:

The problem is that you are shortsighted, and so are your kind. By willingly allowing yourself to play fairly in an unjust system, you provide conditions for your continued repression by the system.
for the past years,we have been in the front seat despite their imaginary repression.
My coursemate is in the states doing fine in the polymer industry.
We have the emeagwalis and iwealas,Bath nnagis and Maurice iwus in the diaspora because of this their imaginary repression.
ITS ALL TO OUR GAIN
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
Throwback:

Hahaha!

You have come back to be disgraced, and I will disgrace you today.

The first African Judge at ICJ/World Court was Isaac Forster of Senegal. Even your fellow clansmen revealed that information themselves while trying to disprove me.

Secondly, the thread was about an Igbo being president of the ICC and not just a judge. So I countered with a Yoruba who was also President of a superior ICJ/World Court, and he was the first African to hold such an esteemed judicial position.

At no time did I ever say Taslim Olawale Elias was the first African or Nigerian Judge at ICJ. No he was not.

What is my business discussing judges when your clansmen were gloating about their own President. Did anyone gloat when the same Chile Osuji was just a judge at ICC as I suppose he was before he became president?
So why would I want to boast about Elias being a judge at ICJ when I could boast as I did about him being the first African President of such a superior World Court.

It was too sorrowful to accept as the clansmen's joy turned into agony.

At thr end of the day, you don't have a point.
An Igbo man was the first Nigerian to represent the nation at the Hague and you are here typing trash.
Choke on that.

The war is the only thing that made Yorubas try to see Igbos bark, so, fold those your UI and Unilag story too and keep it in the dustbin where it belongs cos you haven't convinced anyone since you started peddling that crap
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Throwback: 8:30pm On Mar 13, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

At thr end of the day, you don't have a point.
An Igbo man was the first Nigerian to represent the nation at the Hague and you are here typing trash.
Choke on that.

The war is the only thing that made Yorubas try to see Igbos bark, so, fold those your UI and Unilag story too and keep it in the dustbin where it belongs cos you haven't convinced anyone since you started peddling that crap

At the end of the day, I made a factual point that turned their joy to sorrow. While you are gloating about an Igbo ICC president in 2018 that is inferior, we Yorubas already had a superior World Court/ICJ President in 1982 without making noise.

No proud Igbo has been able to meet up to the challenge I gave when your fellow clansman made an outlandish claim that while Igbos were receiving education, Yorubas were illiterate farmers.

I first reminded the clown that Igbos did not even have a secondary school until 1925, many decades after many towns had secondary schools.

Then came my challenge that he-she clown should name 10 Igbo Lawyers and 10 Igbo Doctors contributing to the growth of Igboland before 1900, while I will name 20 of each discipline for the Yorubas before 1900.

I was forced to reduce it to 5each, and then later just 3 university graduates in Igboland as at 1900, just so that the clown can save face and redeem some pride.

Till today, no single boastful Igbo has been able to meet up to a challenge that is mission impossible. Considering that there were many Yoruba Lawyers, Doctors, Engineers and even a Mathematics university graduate before same 1900, who I reckon were the illiterate farmers at a time the Igbos were already advancing in an imaginary education.

I hereby throw you the very same challenge but to mention just 2 Igbo university graduates in Igboland as at 1900, seeing you are also a proud, boastful and delusional Igbo.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
Throwback:

At the end of the day, I made a factual point that turned their joy to sorrow. While you are gloating about an Igbo ICC president in 2018 that is inferior, we Yorubas already had a superior World Court/ICJ President in 1982 without making noise.

No proud Igbo has been able to meet up to the challenge I gave when your fellow clansman made an outlandish claim that while Igbos were receiving education, Yorubas were illiterate farmers.

I first reminded the clown that Igbos did not even have a secondary school until 1925, many decades after many towns had secondary schools.

Then came my challenge that he-she clown should name 10 Igbo Lawyers and 10 Igbo Doctors contributing to the growth of Igboland before 1900, while I will name 20 of each discipline for the Yorubas before 1900.

I was forced to reduce it to 5each, and then later just 3 university graduates in Igboland as at 1900, just so that the clown can save face and redeem some pride.

Till today, no single boastful Igbo has been able to meet up to a challenge that is mission impossible. Considering that there were many Yoruba Lawyers, Doctors, Engineers and even a Mathematics university graduate before same 1900, who I reckon were the illiterate farmers at a time the Igbos were already advancing in an imaginary education.

I hereby throw you the very same challenge but to mention just 2 Igbo university graduates in Igboland as at 1900, seeing you are also a proud, boastful and delusional Igbo.

No Igbo felt sorrowful in that thread and rightly so.

Yes, no secondary school here before 1925 but they were going elsewhere
By the time they had, they were atop of every one. Every one.

Shame no dey catch una.
Go and read statistics of the 60s in terms of student population and workforce in the white collar sector.
I wonder what would have been if Awolowo didn't bail some of you out
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by QuotaSystem: 3:19am On Mar 14, 2018
You should be ashamed of the bolded, blind generalizations and bigoted stereotypes are the hallmarks of the unlearned, so you're unwittingly defeating your own point by suggesting you're intellectually superior to every northerner on earth. Apparently this psychotic delusion of grandeur is not limited to the east.

With regard to Sanusi's achievement, I'm sure you're capable of basic research into the revolutionary banking reforms he oversaw, although I'll not make the mistake of holding my breath waiting for you to acknowledge his strides, considering you have established your prejudice and limited exposure by alleging his awards and honours from TIME, Forbes and The Banker as "procured and bogus".

0monnak0da:

The day has not yet come when an Aboki would lecture me you do not have the range or depth. Whatever you might think you have achieved academically you would be a poor ersatz by my side so do not go there.

What you said is still there. Clear as mud.

If we accept that people are not intrinsially inferior then ultimately it all ust come down to culture.
We are educationally backward in Nigeriia, you asserted earlier. That must be relative to somewhere else. .
I argue that that too is down to culture.
That international differencee though is no where near the intranational difference that we have in Nigeria( i.e. North/South). Yet for decades the chief Justice of Nigeria has been from the Nortth. Does this reflect the graduation data from our law school or quality?.

Even such discriminatory practice as well as quota systems etc are all part of CULTURE ,if you don't know.

The cultural issues that produce backwardness educationally for Nigeria are quite different from those in the North though they act synergistically to produce the profound backwardness that we see in the North.
The academic mindset in the south is competitive from day one. If you see a southerner in a British University 9 times out of 10 he is hustling whereas a Northerner is there on scholarship or because he has rich parents.
A northerner who achieves a PhD is celebrated and a celebrity not so down south.
Fury and bluster will not change this and the quota system only makes you lazy. I have been to school with Southerners and Northerners and yes there are 1 or two from the North who I have met outside Nigeria,again one or two, in academia but also I have met hundreds of Ibos and Yorubas etc. And even when I do meet such Northerners usually they are Kwara,Kogi and such like.Yes there are a few from further up north but none of them has excelled more than southerners and this again ,I believe, is cultural.

This is what Ohanaeze are bitter about and using the Unity school issue as a proxy battleground for.

I believe Unity schools should be sequestrated from the quota system debate but the reality is if we ran a genuine meritocracy over 80%of Northerners in FG elmpoyent cannot be there

To that extent the North is holding the country back

I do not need to Google Sanusi and his procured award

Telll me any other banker from the US Germany etc who has such reputation.

Bankers are conservative by nature ,They do not do OSCARS

so in the case of Sanusi rather than focus on his bogus award.

Tell us in a very short sentence

ONE THING SANUSI ACHIEVED

JUST ONE

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by 0monnak0da: 7:58am On Mar 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:
You should be ashamed of the bolded, blind generalizations and bigoted stereotypes are the hallmarks of the unlearned, so you're unwittingly defeating your own point by suggesting you're intellectually superior to every northerner on earth. Apparently this psychotic delusion of grandeur is not limited to the east.

With regard to Sanusi's achievement, I'm sure you're capable of basic research into the revolutionary banking reforms he oversaw, although I'll not make the mistake of holding my breath waiting for you to acknowledge his strides, considering you have established your prejudice and limited exposure by alleging his awards and honours from TIME, Forbes and The Banker as "procured and bogus". [/b]

Yes my academic background is indeed way above average.I am proud of that and to that extent I can beat my chest and repeat "the day has not come when an Aboki would lecture me." That is the bitter truth. Maybe if I wanted to study Hausa Arabic or Islamic Studies which won't happen
The standards we have are very different.

If you were a thinking person you would not focus on the proxy Time Award but ask what did he do to achieve the award.

I can tell you for free: Propaganda. He bought cheap publicity and made a lot of noise. Thaat is the simple truth.
Many of the things Time Magazine credited him with had either happened before he got into officce or quite simply were beyond the purview of the CBN governor

You see exactly what I am talking about Mr Aboki.

It should be " EMBOLDENED" not the BOLDED.

That is just an unpardonable solecism. If anyone was to do a lecture it would be me.

Like I said tell us what Sanusi achieved ,(One thing) and you have come up with a procured award founded on LIES.

Are you afraid to articulate it yourself. Why quoting TIME .

Tell us one thing he did

Did Sanusi have the power to order mergers of banks?

Tell us which banks merged under Sanusi

All the mergers are happened under Soludo. That was when the consolidation took place so save that lie for Time Magazine or CNN .

The CBN governor does not have the powers you credited to him. Those are political government functions and the proper credit for consolidation in the industry should go to Obasanjo's government because that is when they happened

The truth is Sanusi was disgraced out of office. He went to court and then quietly withdrew the case.

He is the only CBN governor to be so disgraaced in our history
The truth is Sanusi started DONATING money to his kin in Kano an unprecedented action for a CBN governor
The CBN governor ,not just in Nigera but all over the world is not a role for achieving awards .
The CBN governor does not have control over fiscal policy and so the credit gven to Sanusi is just fraudulent.

The truth is the man was an attention seeking egotistic politician who used propaganda to procure a dubious award.
All of them Okonjo-Iweala, Soludo and so on have been winning awards all over the place. That does not fool anybody.

Rather than point at the award tell us . WHAT DID DE DO . Keep it simple List only ONE THNG please

How can you with a straight face claim Sanusi ordered bank mergers. Can forced bank mergers occur without legislation. Who made the legislation and when? How can credit for that be given to any CBN governor? Have you ever lived anywhere outside Nigeria?
How often do you hear the names of the CBN governors anywhere the way we heard Sanusi's name?
The guy obviously wanted to use the office as a political platform but the reality is he did not have the authority to do the things now attributed to him or to donate money to his Kano people as he did and he was suspended and disgraced out of office.

The primary function of the CBN is a collegiate one not a function of the governor personally i.e Monetary policy.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by QuotaSystem: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2018
Olodo...bolded is now the simple past participle of the word "bold" and is acknowledged globally. Do your homework.

You see, pride always comes before a fall. This your misplaced delusion of intellectual superiority is what has ensured you've been outsmarted politically since the days of Afonja in the hands of Aboki, let that sink in. You're just a noisy empty barrel which is why you've been shouting about your mediocre education that will pale to nothingness beside my British honours degrees. I'm not a braggart but you need to be put in your place.

Like I said regarding Emir Sanusi, if I were to hold my breath waiting for you to agree with TIME + Forbes and acknowledge his exploits, I'd be stone dead by now because your inherent bias and established prejudice renders you incapable of objective judgement.

Goodbye, you will be ignored henceforth unless you plan to start paying me tuition.

0monnak0da:

Yes my academic background is indeed way above average.I am proud of that and to that extent I can beat my chest and repeat "the day has not come when an Aboki would lecture me." That is the bitter truth. Maybe if I wanted to study Hausa Arabic or Islamic Studies which won't happen

If you were a thinking person you would not focus on the proxy Time Award but ask what did he do to achieve the award.

I can tell you for free: Propaganda. He bought cheap publicity and made a lot of noise. Thaat is the simple truth.
Many of the things Time Magazine credited him with had either happened before he got into officce or quite simply were beyond the purview of the CBN governor

That is just an unpardonable solecism. If anyone was to do a lecture it would be me.

Like I said tell us what Sanusi achieved ,(One thing) and you have come up with a procured award founded on LIES.

Tell us one thing he did

All the mergers are happened under Soludo. That was when the consolidation took place so save that lie for Time Magazine or CNN .

The CBN governor does not have the powers you credited to him. Those are political government functions and the proper credit for consolidation in the industry should go to Obasanjo's government because that is when they happened

The truth is Sanusi was disgraced out of office. He went to court and then quietly withdrew the case.

The truth is Sanusi started DONATING money to his kin in Kano an unprecedented action for a CBN governor
The CBN governor ,not just in Nigera but all over the world is not a role for achieving awards .
The CBN governor does not have control over fiscal policy and so the credit gven to Sanusi is just fraudulent.

The truth is the man was an attention seeking egotistic politician who used propaganda to procure a dubious award.
All of them Okonjo-Iweala, Soludo and so on have been winning awards all over the place. That does not fool anybody.

Rather than point at the award tell us . WHAT DID DE DO . Keep it simple List only ONE THNG please

How can you with a straight face claim Sanusi ordered bank mergers. Can forced bank mergers occur without legislation. Who made the legislation and when? How can credit for that be given to any CBN governor? Have you ever lived anywhere outside Nigeria?
How often do you hear the names of the CBN governors anywhere the way we heard Sanusi's name?
The guy obviously wanted to use the office as a political platform but the reality is he did not have the authority to do the things now attributed to him or to donate money to his Kano people as he did and he was suspended and disgraced out of office.

The primary function of the CBN is a collegiate one not a function of the governor personally i.e Monetary policy.

1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by 0monnak0da: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Olodo...bolded is now the simple past participle of the word "bold" and is acknowledged globally. Do your homework.

You see, pride always comes before a fall. This your misplaced delusion of intellectual superiority is what has ensured you've been outsmarted politically since the days of Afonja in the hands of Aboki. You're just a noisy empty barrel which is why you've been shouting about your mediocre education that will pale to nothingness beside my British honours degrees. I'm not a braggart but you need to be put in your place.

Like I said regarding Emir Sanusi, if I were to hold my breath waiting for you to agree with TIME + Forbes and acknowledge his exploits, I'd be stone dead by now because your inherent bias and established prejudice renders you incapable of objective judgement.

Goodbye, you will be ignored henceforth unless you plan to start paying me tuition.

I think I am going to have fun lecturing you ,Aboki.

The lecturer becomes the lectured

THE BOLDED or THE EMBOLDENED whichever is correct(It is emboldened) is an adjective that described the text. eg
The text was Green
The Text was illegible
The text was italicized etc

BOLDED however is wrong you will not find it in any standard dictionary at all but in fringe publications.Stop bluffing
"BOLD" IS NOT A VERB SO IT CANNOT HAVE A PAST PARTICIPLE.
It does not have any tenses

British Honours degrees? don't be ridiculous .

That is entry level and exactly what I am talking about. In the North that would be a big deal. Where I come from the number of PhDs I have supervised is what people boast about . We are miles , miles apart. Shame your English remains egregious after your BritishHonoursDegree. LWKMD

Past participle? WTF

Aboki, Haba!!
Yes a verb can be used as an adjective but in that case it is NOT A VERB it is an adjective

blackened face
darkened screen
Bleached skin
Uneducated Aboki
etc

In such cases we no longer talk about the tenses of the "verbs" but rather the words are adjectives? OK?

The corrrect usage is EMBOLDENED text not Bolded text .
Remember where you learnt that

Regarding Sanusi

Please tell us one thing he achieved beyond donating money illegaly in Kano?

Regarding the issue of Outsmarting Afonja that is just clutching at straws in desperation. What I would call a frustrated Tantrum with the sole objective of soothing a wounded Ego.
I am more than willing to debate that with you but not on this thread. Clearly you have lost the argument on Sanusi and want to widen the discussion tout style.

I challenge you to create a thread on that and invite me . The only comment I would make about outsmarting anyone politically is; look at the lives of your people, their consciousness and level of civilization.
Is it outsmarting when you go to Benue to butcher women and children ?That is the level of your development as a people .Your world view is nihilistic and deterministic. Now that you have outsmarted Nigerians politically for more than 50years why have you failed to outsmart them educationally or developmentally. Why do you not contribute anything to our commonwealth?
Create the thread let us go there

Please do not talk of Sanusi's exploits there are NONE.

The consolidation in the banking industry took place under Soludo. It was a political decision and if anyone deserves credit it is Obasanjo and PDP .

I have never heard anywhere of the "exploits" of a CBN governor. His terms of reference and rules of engagement do not permit that. In this case we had a one off egotistical attention seeker who may have bamboozled your likes with propaganda but we see through it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Chukazu: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2018
Alexk2:

you still don't get it. states with highest cut-offs are still well ahead in terms of the number of students that qualifies. The high cut-off mark is only not to overblow the capacity of those unity schools and not to shortchange any state or region...

I got everything.

The question also is why don't the federal government use quota system to balance the appointment of service chiefs in the military and para- military?

Why do they always use it to favor the North and undermine the East?
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Chukazu: 11:31am On Mar 14, 2018
0monnak0da:

Tell us one thing he did

SANUSI came to CBN with a sinister agenda to change the balance of power in the Banking industry.

If not How does a "Bank of the North and Unity Bank" remain solvent and operational when the likes of Afribank , Oceanic and intercontinental with larger capital were declared insolvent by SANUSI?

If SANUSI was truly sincere ,the best he would have done is ask the shareholders of those Banks to increase their shares through private placement or public offer instead of creating unnecessary panic in the industry which led to financial crisis

I blamed Jonathan's Administration that allowed him to get drunk for so long
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Throwback: 12:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
NafeesaAA:
I repeat, the unity school is not a school for the academically gifted.

You obviously do not know that a high cut off is a function of high scores by candidates from their respective states.

I'll try to simplify the process of determining cut off marks to you. I'm not saying it is word perfect, but it suffices.

If Anambra has a slot for 25 and the least score of the 1st 25 is 60, then cut-off becomes 60 for Anambra to fill its own quota.
If Sokoto has a slot for 25 and the least score of the 1st 25 is 15, then the cut-off becomes 15 for Sokoto to fill its own quota.

Pleease, please and please, how has Sokoto cheated Anambra when Anambra fixed its own high scores by internal competition between fellow Anambrarians for their state slot, and by virtue of its academic superiority to Sokoto?

I am sure this is about my 8th thread over the last 5years were this issue has been debated.

The Igbos do not understand the purpose of the unity school project by the federal government, because their greed would not allow them. Yet they will still gloat that they are doing better academically, as though the quota system was deliberately designed to keep the Igbos out of school when all states already have their quota in just this unity school system.

An outsider hearing their lamentation would believe that the quota system is applicable to the totality of secondary education in Nigeria.

The useless Ohaneze will still lament next year again, and the clansmen will be sure to chorus it everywhere like a hungry child. Those of us who are objective would also be ever alert to educate the unenlightened, so as to ensure no child is left behind.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Alexk2(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
Chukazu:

I got everything.

The question also is why don't the federal government use quota system to balance the appointment of service chiefs in the military and para- military?

Why do they always use it to favor the North and undermine the East?
now you're derailing from this primary issue here..meanwhile, I'm equally worried about the inequalities in the appointments by the fg but stop being sentimental; SS, SW, NC and SE are all affected not just the east pls....even some states in NW where the president come from are bitterly complaining over maginalization.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Chukazu: 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2018
Alexk2:

now you're derailing from this primary issue here..meanwhile, I'm equally worried about the inequalities in the appointments by the fg but stop being sentimental; SS, SW, NC and SE are all affected not just the east pls....even some states in NW where the president come from are bitterly complaining over maginalization.

No. It's just the East that is affected the most , check your fact .
I didn't just mention service Chiefs, I also talked about para- military . every other region is represented apart South East
I don't know what sentiment got to do with demand for fairness and equity ?

Do you really think the North would accept a president of Igbo extraction or Southerner appointing service Chiefs without a Northern content?
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Alexk2(m): 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2018
Chukazu:

No. It's just the East that is affected the most , check your fact .
I didn't just mention service Chiefs, I also talked about para- military . every other region is represented apart South East
I don't know what sentiment got to do with demand for fairness and equity ?

Do you really think the North would accept a president of Igbo extraction or Southerner appointing service Chiefs without a Northern content?

I'm excitedly replying you bumper to bumper cos of your matured response; thanks.
Meanwhile, I'm not sure if it's true that the SE are the most affect cos I don't have "all" the facts needed to arrive at such conclusion...nontheless, I know very well that buhari appointments accross board is way too biased and unfair in every sense but mind you, I'll personally won't care at all if his govt have been living to expectation and working to make Nigeria great.
About you first question, the north don't have to like or accept an igbo president as long as that is what the majority want (through the ballot)....same way some dislike/reject buhari but the majority spoke at the ballot.
What you should worry about is the nature of politics been played by an average SE politicians(I'll call it local champion politics if you permit me). You can play that type of politics and win all states in you domain but never can it win a presidential election. While other geopolitical zones are forming alliances with each other, SE seems to be sleeping and sometimes like it happen in 2015, they'll put their eggs in one basket. No matter what is been promised and whoever made the promise, an igbo president cannot happen in Nigeria until southeast politicians change the game and embras others/Nigeria sincerly. Politics is a game of wit my brother.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Chukazu: 9:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
Alexk2:

I'm excitedly replying you bumper to bumper cos of your matured response; thanks.
Meanwhile, I'm not sure if it's true that the SE are the most affect cos I don't have "all" the facts needed to arrive at such conclusion...nontheless, I know very well that buhari appointments accross board is way too biased and unfair in every sense but mind you, I'll personally won't care at all if his govt have been living to expectation and working to make Nigeria great.
About you first question, the north don't have to like or accept an igbo president as long as that is what the majority want (through the ballot)....same way some dislike/reject buhari but the majority spoke at the ballot.
What you should worry about is the nature of politics been played by an average SE politicians(I'll call it local champion politics if you permit me). You can play that type of politics and win all states in you domain but never can it win a presidential election. While other geopolitical zones are forming alliances with each other, SE seems to be sleeping and sometimes like it happen in 2015, they'll put their eggs in one basket. No matter what is been promised and whoever made the promise, an igbo president cannot happen in Nigeria until southeast politicians change the game and embras others/Nigeria sincerly. Politics is a game of wit my brother.

This is completely erroneous.i don't know how we make up this assumptions.

South East politics has always tilted towards the center, please check your facts.

And South East has always formed alliance more than you can imagine.even more so South East have had better partnership with the North more than any other southern region.

First and second republic government was between South East and North...in Leadership of TAFAWA BELEWA AND AZIKIWE; SHEHU SHAGARI AND ALEX EKWUEME.

Even in military we had Ebitu Ukaiwe and IBB.

This is the first time we are having an opposition party in government and South East duly voted for the ruling party PDP... Don't forget that ALEX EKWUEME was largely instrumental to the formation of PDP but he was schemed out of the party making way for OBASANJO and South West.

So nobody should use that"over flogged argument" of South East politics to deceive us.

The South East had their doubt about Buhari's Nepotism as a leader, that was why they never voted for him...and true to that concerns, Buhari has shown that the South East was right after all by not voting him and APC through his actions and utterances.

For a leader (supposed father of the nation ) to open his mouth and call and entire region "5% " shows how callous a person his is .
So we put our eggs in basket ,it was certainly the right basket.
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by Alexk2(m): 10:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Chukazu:

This is completely erroneous.i don't know how we make up this assumptions.

South East politics has always tilted towards the center, please check your facts.

And South East has always formed alliance more than you can imagine.even more so South East have had better partnership with the North more than any other southern region.

First and second republic government was between South East and North...in Leadership of TAFAWA BELEWA AND AZIKIWE; SHEHU SHAGARI AND ALEX EKWUEME.

Even in military we had Ebitu Ukaiwe and IBB.

This is the first time we are having an opposition party in government and South East duly voted for the ruling party PDP... Don't forget that ALEX EKWUEME was largely instrumental to the formation of PDP but he was schemed out of the party making way for OBASANJO and South West.

So nobody should use that"over flogged argument" of South East politics to deceive us.

The South East had their doubt about Buhari's Nepotism as a leader, that was why they never voted for him...and true to that concerns, Buhari has shown that the South East was right after all by not voting him and APC through his actions and utterances.

For a leader (supposed father of the nation ) to open his mouth and call and entire region "5% " shows how callous a person his is .
So we put our eggs in basket ,it was certainly the right basket.
ok
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Throwback:

You are running around in the same circle.
Yes, you started first due to geography and finished second. Who doesn't know that ?
Re: Ohanaeze Faults Fg’s Cut-off Mark Disparity In Unity Schools by tomifizi: 9:16am On Aug 20, 2018
Good morning house, please I need ur help really urgent. I funded my blocked account with Deutsche bank directly from my diamond bank account. They paid a sum of 8,640euros. After about 3weeks with no response from Deutsche bank, I contacted them. To my surprise, they insisted the money wasn’t complete but they wouldn’t say how much is left. Now my questions are1)Was I to pay 150euros for processing fee?
2) Can’t Deutsche bank state how much is my deficit to pay?
3) P.S their contact form isn’t that futile. How best does one contact them on issues?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s / Futa Cut-off Mark / IPPIS: ASUU Members Sneak To Register, Enrolment Hits 937,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.