Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Here's a Guide to How Much RAM Your Laptop Needs... Must See - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Here's a Guide to How Much RAM Your Laptop Needs... Must See (1046 Views)

Need A Powerbank For Your Laptop, More Than 10hrs 80000mah Laptop Powerbank / Coders, How Long Do Your Laptop Batteries Last? / Semalt Shares A Guide To Blocking And Removing Google Analytics Spam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here's a Guide to How Much RAM Your Laptop Needs... Must See by CompovineTech: 11:06am On Mar 13, 2018
This answer is going to change per person. In short, you need as much RAM as required to run your programs. To find out how much RAM you need, simply open Task Manager (Open the Start Menu and search "View running processes with Task Manager"
Once it opens, navigate to the "Performance" tab and there you will see Memory (RAM) usage.

RAM stores all the stuff you're doing right now on your computer. It's your work area. The more RAM you have, the more your computer can do at once without straining. When your computer is low on RAM, it looks to the hard drive for help, which can cause problems, particularly with speed.

The various programs that make up Windows itself take up some of this space, as do the various other programs that are generally always running (like antivirus, and all those other inexplicable hieroglyphs next to your clock). The more RAM you have, the more of these will be stored in RAM for fast access, which is A Good Thing.

On RAM-wealthy computers, the always-on programs will fill up to between 2.0GB and 3.5GB on average. This does not mean the computer won't run without that much RAM; only that it will get used (in order to maximize performance) if it's available.
You'll need at least 8GB of RAM in order for Windows to place all of these in RAM. Above 8GB, RAM will not get used unless you're running enough programs manually to fill more space.

• You can run on 2GB, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• You can get reasonably smooth performance for common daily tasks on 4GB, such as internet browsing and MS Office.

• 8GB will give you a large enough RAM space to store all automatic background programs efficiently and a more than equal amount of space to run a sizable amount of manual software. You can adequately do complex Photoshop editing, or play a major 3D game, do 3D modelling, edit video, etc. Although perhaps not all at the same time.

• 16GB will give you enough to run multiple complex programs at once, even along with a small server or Virtual Machine (VM).

Lastly I want to say look for Compovine Technologies Limited who will give importance to their customer satisfaction on buying a New Personal Computer System.

Visit our website www.compovine.com

like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/CompovineOnline/

follow us on Twitter @compovinetech and Instagram @compovine

Head office: No 2, Olu Koleosho Street, Ikeja, Lagos.

Mobile and Whatsapp: 07030444481

(1) (Reply)

Pls Oh! How Do I Upload My Designed Website From My Computer To The Server / Frontend Software Developer Urgently Needed In Abuja / Tutor Needed To Teach Kids Coding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.