Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,199 members, 7,953,739 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Help! Problem Installing Linux - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Problem Installing Linux (1083 Views)

Updated Keyboard Shortcuts For Linux / My Experience Installing Windows 10 1809 Latest Build And How I Solved Them. / Help! Problem With Opening Excel Files (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! Problem Installing Linux by srrrr(m): 4:06pm On Mar 13, 2018
I tried installing Ubuntu on my system. I gave the Ubuntu 250gb space and installed it, Now my windows is nowhere to be found.
I can't see the remaining 500gb space. The only thing working is Ubuntu and dual booting will still lead to Ubuntu.
Pls this is my first system, I have files in the windows and I don't know where they are.
I tried factory reset through alt + f10 and power button, but it only factory reset my Ubuntu.
My system is acer travelmate 7750
Re: Help! Problem Installing Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 6:46am On Apr 11, 2018
srrrr:
I tried installing Ubuntu on my system. I gave the Ubuntu 250gb space and installed it, Now my windows is nowhere to be found.
I can't see the remaining 500gb space. The only thing working is Ubuntu and dual booting will still lead to Ubuntu.
Pls this is my first system, I have files in the windows and I don't know where they are.
I tried factory reset through alt + f10 and power button, but it only factory reset my Ubuntu.

I guess your laptop came with Windows and you partitioned and assigned 250GB to Ubuntu? How did you achieve this?

Join this forum on telegram "Nigeria Linux User Group" to ask to a wider audience and get help from more Linux users.
Re: Help! Problem Installing Linux by Gargoylesmiles(m): 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
srrrr:

Still having this issue?
Search and join Nigeria Linux User group on telegram to get help.

(1) (Reply)

1TB Transcend External Hard Drives Available / HP Laserjet Pro Standard Printer / Honor 7 Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.