Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? (3134 Views)

In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / Why Does God Refer To Himself In The Plural In Genesis 1:26 And 3:22? / Was There A World Before Genesis 1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by mantraa: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
In the beginning of the genesis story when God says "Let there be light" who is he talking to? and how can he talk in the vacuum of space?

At genesis 1.26 God says ""Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Again i ask, "Who is God talking to?
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 30, 2010
mantraa:

In the beginning of the genesis story when God says "Let there be light" who is he talking to? and how can he talk in the vacuum of space?

At genesis 1.26 God says ""Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Again i ask, "Who is God talking to?

Him jesus and angels. lol

Seriously him self and jesus i think
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by mantraa: 6:49pm On Apr 30, 2010
^^^^
Do you really believe that? 
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by bindex(m): 2:12am On May 01, 2010
toba:

Him jesus and angels. lol

Seriously him self and jesus i think

I thought jesus is god? I just realized that the jews that wrote down the fable actually do not beleieve it the way the christians do, the jews mostly regard it as an allegorical tale. The christians here are busy beating their heads against the wall lying to themselves and trying to put things into the jewish creation story that were never intended by the jews that wrote them. Jesus has no part or role in the genesis fable. Jesus is a christian fable and has no role in the jewish fable.

1 Like

Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by jagunlabi(m): 5:40am On May 01, 2010
He was talking to himself. The bible god(s) was a schizophrenic deity. tongue wink
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by bee444: 6:33am On May 01, 2010
HE was talking to HIS angels, though my fellow Christian brothers and sisters would argue otherwise.

Moses knew God so well that he became God's friend. If Jesus was present as of that time, he would have pointed it out when writing Genesis.

New generation Pastors tend to convince their flocks that Jesus was present during creation but have so far failed to admit that Jesus is God.

Christians have for generations been so naive and confused about Jesus and God. If Jesus was present when God was creating the earth, then that means there is Jesus and there is God, hello people! Except if I'm now told that Jesus was the one making the creation, thereby elimination whom we believe to be our God.

I've seen pastors apologising for calling Jesus God. Pls for goodness sake, lets stick to one. Afterall, there is one mediator between God and man, Jesus. A mediator is a representative and not a true figure of the representator.

God was talking to His angels
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Mudley313: 6:59am On May 01, 2010
bee444:

n u got dat from what bible? abi u dey there the time

jagunlabi:

He was talking to himself. The bible god(s) was a schizophrenic deity. tongue wink

lmao
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by bee444: 7:16am On May 01, 2010
Mudley313:

n u got dat from what bible? abi u dey there the time

lmao

More reason why you should study harder, or should I say further! Most events and occurrence (s) in the history of the Church are not recorded in the Bible alone.

Go to your Christian library and ask for Church History textbooks and events, The Apostles personal journal and so on.
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Mudley313: 7:34am On May 01, 2010
bee444:

More reason why you should study harder, or should I say further! Most events and occurrence (s) in the history of the Church are not recorded in the Bible alone.

Go to your Christian library and ask for Church History textbooks and events, The Apostles personal journal and so on.

n u my friend should do the same as well. why are u pretending to be wat u're not?
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by mantraa: 12:18pm On May 01, 2010

I see, so god created his angels before he created light, the universe, galaxies, stars, planets and the earth. How could he see them with no light? You seem to be making this up as you go along.

Can you not see that the whole story was made up by ancient bronze age people who knew nothing about soundwaves for speech and the speed of sound. The speed of light makes it impossible for all the stars and galaxies to have been created in one day. It takes 4 years for the light from alpha centauri to reach the earth. a lot of the stars and galaxies we see in the sky predate the earth by millions of years and their light is just reaching us now.

Anyone who still believes that genesis is a factual account of our history is not thinking rationally.

respects
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by manmustwac(m): 12:56pm On May 01, 2010
Very good question. Whoi was god talking to in Genisis 1? And also who was the person who witnessed and wrote down what god said in Genisis 1?
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Smi1(m): 2:38pm On May 01, 2010
lolx for you christians bible biggot below is the errors i found on your so called "literature, holy bible " you guys are truely confused and even your God is ( if truely he exist ) lipsrsealed grin grin

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light
and darkness. GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day)
wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 1:28 God encourages reproduction.
LE 12:1-8 God requires purification rites following childbirth which,
in effect, makes childbirth a sin. (Note: The period for purification
following the birth of a daughter is twice that for a son.)

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience.)
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:47pm On May 01, 2010
[size=13pt]Now. . . .some christians would say you didn't post any proof that there's error in their bible but here comes out a fellow satanist to give his proof about the errors and contradictions in the bible.

Christians. . . . .what do you still have tp say? cheesy cheesy
[/size]
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Smi1(m): 3:03pm On May 01, 2010
@Ogaga , Comment tu vais mon frere wink
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2010
[size=13pt]je vais tres bien mon frere san. . . .et chez toi? ? wink[/size]
S@mi:

@Ogaga , Comment tu vais mon frere wink
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Smi1(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2010
Where are the arrogant christians?? I want you guys to come out and defend yourselves, as a particular quote of mine says "Hey, let's get serious, God knows what he's doin' He wrote this book here And the book says: 'He made us all to be just like Him', So, If we're dumb, Then God is dumb, (And maybe even a little ugly on the side)"  lolxx  grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Smi1(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2010
@Ogaga, je vais trés bien aussi et merci, franchement je te chercher sur facebook depuis deux jour maintenant mais jai penser que tu est tellement occupeé, sinon quoi de neuf ?? cool wink
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:18pm On May 01, 2010
[size=13pt]When the Christians know some people stronger than them is on here they would never come and respond , only when we are offline they drop their bad mouth comments on us--- grin grin . arrogant and ignorant Christians everywhere looking for whom to brainwash but they can never suceed.

Satan is in total Control. . . . .  wink
[/size]
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:33pm On May 01, 2010
[size=13pt]Ouais je savais que vous devez avoir été me manquent beaucoup, mais ce n'est pas tout. Facebook n'a pas été trop bonne pour moi depuis quelques semaines maintenant. Je fais amende frère . . . . . seulement attendais pour enfin vrai avec mon albulm la musique dans le studio . . . . . audition est presque fini avec et ne peut pas attendre de vous voir danser avec moi si vite. grin wink[/size]
S@mi:

@Ogaga, je vais trés bien aussi et merci, franchement je te chercher sur facebook depuis deux jour maintenant mais jai penser que tu est tellement occupeé, sinon quoi de neuf ?? cool wink
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Smi1(m): 3:37pm On May 01, 2010
@Ogaga chui trés heureux pour avoir connu un mec comme vous, voila je part a londre dans 3 semain alor je te ferrais sign qu'an je serais a london comme sa je peux venir a Paris. je suis a Milano en ce moment, tinkient ton album serais trés cool parceque tu est un bon garçon.
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 01, 2010
Ogaga parle a sa amis/frere in francais. hahaha.
je parle petit francais.
ogaga ton frere est dan italy.
A bientot
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by bee444: 5:47pm On May 01, 2010
manmustwac:

Very good question. Whoi was god talking to in Genisis 1? And also who was the person who witnessed and wrote down what god said in Genisis 1?

No one witnessed what God said In Genesis 1 (except ofcourse the angels), but God visited Moses and told him how HE made and created the heavens, earth and everything in it.

Before the death of Moses, he wrote the first five books of the Bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The books are later called the books of Moses

Hope you get the gist now!
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by mantraa: 7:15pm On May 01, 2010
No one witnessed what God said In Genesis 1 (except ofcourse the angels), but God visited Abraham and told him how HE made and created the heavens, earth and everything in it.

Before the death of Abraham, he wrote the first five books of the Bible; Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Hope you get the gist now!

Yes i get your gist now and it sounds like nonsense to me.

According to you, one man (Abraham) wrote the first five books of the bible after having it dictated to him by God. Anyone can write something down and say it was dictated to him by God. Judging by the knowledge and understanding of the world at the time it was written suggests that it was made up and written by men of the time. An omnipotent and omniscient god would not be so ignorant of the facts of his own creation.

Respects
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by bee444: 12:48am On May 02, 2010
mantraa:

Yes i get your gist now and it sounds like nonsense to me.

According to you, one man (Moses) wrote the first five books of the bible after having it dictated to him by God. Anyone can write something down and say it was dictated to him by God. Judging by the knowledge and understanding of the world at the time it was written suggests that it was made up and written by men of the time. An omnipotent and omniscient god would not be so ignorant of the facts of his own creation.

Respects

You're getting it wrong here buddy. God only showed Moses how HE created everything in Genesis 1 &2.

Moses then grew up to witness Exodus, Levitus, Numbers and Deuteronomy, thereby writing the first five books of the Bible including genesis.

From Genesis 2 to 11 before Moses's birth, man had already filled the earth and  were therefore living witnesses to what happened after creation.

Moses grew to know what only happened after creation through his father, greatgrand father and so on, but came to know what happened during creation and how God created everything when God showed him HIS back (the past, the creation).
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Smi1(m): 2:10am On May 02, 2010
lolx christians are totally brainwashed infact i don't know what else to say , they are truely confused !!
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by abes(m): 11:07am On May 02, 2010
wait! i'm confused here, you mean Abraham wrote the first 5 books including the story of moses, ten commandments and all? Then Abraham must know much about the future, did he write about the child molestation that is happening these days? may be he ran out of ink.
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by bee444: 6:23pm On May 02, 2010
abes:

wait! i'm confused here, you mean Abraham wrote the first 5 books including the story of moses, ten commandments and all? Then Abraham must know much about the future, did he write about the child molestation that is happening these days? may be he ran out of ink.

It was Moses not Abraham, sorry for the mistake. They're called the five books of Moses
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by bee444: 3:20am On May 03, 2010
bee444:

It was Moses not Abraham, sorry for the mistake. They're called the five books of Moses
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by harlems02: 7:11am On May 03, 2010
Guyz,guyz see the Bible said in the book of Saint John 1:1-5, it said that Jesus who came as the Son of God to die for our sins was in the begining as God's word. He was in the beginning with God and everything were made by him. He is the word of God made Flesh.

Papa God himself always recognizes the presence of His Spirit and his word as power which ought not to be taken likely, God the Father sends his word and his spirit implements it, i think that is how it works, smiley
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by harlems02: 7:25am On May 03, 2010
Those of you making mockery of Christians and the God we serve you wouldn't be posting all that. We serve a living God and there is nothing anybody can do about it, not even satan himself okay, Bring it on i want to hear more from you guyz, Hear from you guys soon, smiley
Re: Who Is God Talking To In Genesis 1? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:02am On Jun 08, 2010
[size=13pt]I am one of them. . . we mock God and he deserve more than that. i don't know why you're ready to die for God sake. . .! , Satan is ruling the world and you know it , stop all these your pretending SATAN is doing something . hope you should hear more from me and my colleagues soon. . . . grin grin wink[/size]

harlems02:

Those of you making mockery of Christians and the God we serve you wouldn't be posting all that. We serve a living God and there is nothing anybody can do about it, not even satan himself okay, Bring it on i want to hear more from you guyz, Hear from you guys soon, smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is So Special About The Blood Of Jesus / Normal Christian Dressing (picture) / Evidence Of A Culture Of Sexual Abuse At TB Joshua's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.