Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. (2495 Views)

Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? / Drake Trynna Diss J.Cole? / Between Wande Cole And 9ice Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by chiogo(f): 5:30pm On May 03, 2010
eldee:

Groupie (n):
Synonyms - Chiogo, fanatic, teeny-bopper, buff.

A young woman, involved in obsessive adoration of entertainers such as musicians, actors, athletes, and even political figures. Behaviors are juvenile and influenced oftentimes by crush-like emotions or lustful sentiments, and often infringe the rights of the figure experiencing the attentions of a frenzied fanatic.

Also ignores simple facts like the minor flaws of their favourite celebrities.

This is how people fail exams. You were asked to look up 'sarcasm' and you went looking up your word. FAIL!!
But wow! the dictionary has my name in it, how cool!!  cool

I wonder who I'm a groupie to. . . .I have a crush on Jay-Z?? **Dies** Or is it Drake? Who did I 'adore' on this thread? You stay making zero sense.
Well, I understand you making stuff up to save face after all it is a "teenybopper" who called you out on your BS. You'll get over it, though.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by hax: 7:12pm On May 03, 2010
eldee:

There are good rappers and then there are those that are out to steal your shine.
J. Cole is of em. . .
Isn't J. Cole a 'good rapper'? If he wasn't a good rapper would you be worried about him stealing your shine? This type of thinking doesn't help hip-hop. Around when Nas dropped Illmatic, EVERYONE wanted to collabo with him. Wu, Mobb Deep, Dr. Dre, etc. Yeah, avoid hungry rappers. Bullsh!t.

Help a lil' nigga from the Ville get some shine. Give the upcoming rappers a chance. Being with a real good rapper inspires you. You want to hold your own. You don't want to be brushed aside.
Jay wouldn't have spit fire on the Watcher 2 if he didn't feel threatened by Rakim. We heard the wack stuff he had on that same album. Neither would he have spit fire on Brooklyn's Finest or Black Republicans.

If you want a good rapper, get The Game or sumn, not this hungry upstart whose main objective in life is to outshine your arse like Eminem did back in the days. cheesy cheesy
Why did Talib Kweli feature Mos Def (good rapper) BOTH Jay Elect and J. Cole (hungry rappers)? He made a dope joint and was owned by at least TWO of them. Yeah, he should go and kill himself.

oh, and btw, so even hungry upstarts shouldn't feature themselves? Well thank God not everyone thinks like you, or else we wouldn't have had Mos/Talib or Life's a B!atch.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 8:45pm On May 03, 2010
@hax
You're making it sound like it's a crime to be trashed on a track.
I don't need a hiphop history lesson to tell me that being with a good rapper inspires you.
I did mention Rick Ross holding his ground against Nas didn't I??

Now if you're going to feature a rapper like Eminem on a track, you know it's going to make the song better, but you also know there's a chance that you'll get outshined on the song . . . some people are ready to take the risk, cool.

You yourself talked about J.Cole tearing Jay-Z apart on A Star is Born, isn't Blueprint III still the biggest rap album of last year??
Stop making a mountain out of a molehill abeg, people get murked on songs, it's talked about for ages, but it doesn't take anything away from anyone, but to say we need to stop discussing it is plain B.S.

Collabo battles are among the most heavily discussed topics in hiphop, it takes more than you to take it away.
Now if Drake does a collabo with J. Cole, he will most likely get trashed, and that might be the end of all the talk about who's better . . . and it will most definitely be discussed, there's nothing wrong with that.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by Mobinga: 8:52pm On May 03, 2010
PLAGIARISED FREAKS! especially eldee
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 8:54pm On May 03, 2010
chiogo:

This is how people fail exams. You were asked to look up 'sarcasm' and you went looking up your word. FAIL!!
But wow! the dictionary has my name in it, how cool!!  cool

I wonder who I'm a groupie to. . . .I have a crush on Jay-Z?? **Dies** Or is it Drake? Who did I 'adore' on this thread? You stay making zero sense.
Well, I understand you making stuff up to save face after all it is a "teenybopper" who called you out on your BS. You'll get over it, though.

Hehehe . . . you actually think I take you serious?? More deluded than I thought. grin grin
You, kay2900 and hax said share the same point of view, compare my replies to both of you

Anywayz . . . there are different traits of a groupie in my definition, pick the one that best suits you.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 8:55pm On May 03, 2010
Mobinga:

PLAGIARISED FREAKS! especially eldee

WOW!!! I'll take that as a compliment. grin grin
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by hax: 4:17am On May 04, 2010
eldee:

@hax
You're making it sound like it's a crime to be trashed on a track.
Yeah, I'M the one making it sound like a crime. Did you even read my post?
I'm saying you SHOULD feature good rappers even if they'll totally murder you. How does that make it sound like it's a crime?

I don't need a hiphop history lesson to tell me that being with a good rapper inspires you.
I did mention Rick Ross holding his ground against Nas didn't I??
Haven't listened to the song. And I don't see myself ever bothering to.

Now if you're going to feature a rapper like Eminem on a track, you know it's going to make the song better, but you also know there's a chance that you'll get outshined on the song . . . some people are ready to take the risk, cool.
And how is it a 'risk'? What happened to Jay-Z when he took the risk and got outshone? He got pwnd, and made a dope track. Isn't it win-win even when you get outshone when you give a good verse? Because the featured artiste/verse is VERY good. And when you feature washed up Game, who comes on and fxcks your track up with a wack verse, it isn't a bigger 'risk'?

You yourself talked about J.Cole tearing Jay-Z apart on A Star is Born, isn't Blueprint III still the biggest rap album of last year??
Yup. Because I wanted everyone to acknowledge J. Cole's talent, long before BP3 came out, and now after that verse, a few of my friends now know that J. Cole is the shiz. They wouldn't have admitted without him murking Hov. They DIDN'T acknowledge him before the verse. Give the young'uns a chance to shine and produce good music as well.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill abeg, people get murked on songs, it's talked about for ages, but it doesn't take anything away from anyone, but to say we need to stop discussing it is plain B.S.
Really.
Stop making a mountain out of a molehill. The molehill in this case is J. Cole having a better verse than Hov.
I never said you shouldn't discussing it. Don't make it such a big deal, because it led to good music. You're just missing the pointl. Would you be arguing about who murked who if their verses were really poor but one was slightly less sh-itty? You're comparing them because AT LEAST one was really good. That's the point. The focus should be on the fact that good music was created.

Collabo battles are among the most heavily discussed topics in hiphop, it takes more than you to take it away.
Now if Drake does a collabo with J. Cole, he will most likely get trashed, and that might be the end of all the talk about who's better . . . and it will most definitely be discussed, there's nothing wrong with that.
Collab =/= battle. Get it?

Oh, some people don't know J. Cole is approximately 194 times better than Drizzy?

Being better on a track makes you better? AZ is better than Nas then. cheesy
So if Drake is better on the track, and Thank Me Later turns out to be crap, you would think he's better than J. Cole if he drops a fxcking awesome album?
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by eldee(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2010
@hax

I'm not going to let this lead into one of those long topics where the basis of the whole debate is lost.

Some rappers don't like getting owned on tracks, J.Cole has publicly come out to say that he wouldn't let himself get murked, LL Cool J famously rewrote his verse in order not to get murked on a track, Nas used Renegade as his one of the few punchlines on Ether . . . people talk about them, I don't know what exactly you're getting at.
Even songs like Run This Town where all three verses were self-service, everyone came out to say Kanye killed it.

Most collaborations are friendly battles, I don't care if you don't see it like that, most rappers do, most fans do, most critics do too.
Nine times out of ten most rappers would rather they beat the Eminems and J. Coles on tracks, and nine times of of ten it turns out to be a better song, but that doesn't remove the fact that you got owned on that track.

Nigeria beating Brazil in 96 doesn't make us better than them, but does that mean it won't be discussed at length??
You're just making a big thing out of sumn you can't change . . .

You justifying the fact that you talked about A Star is Born is hilarious in itself, it's almost like you're sorry for doing it . . . I'm not pissed with you son.

If Drake kills J. Cole on that track, it will always be brought up anytime someone brings up the topic of who's better.
Each time Nas' compared to anyone, people always bring up The Firm.
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by sinistyle(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2010
Cole fixed Jay z on a star is born but thats no big deal. You know Jay z is so good now that if he features anybody he(jay z) will be killed. Cudi woulda have killed him had he rap on 'Already gone'. Cassidy killed him on 'cold as ice'. If he does a collabo with ruggedman he will also get murked. Its time we got used to Jay z getting killed on a track!
Re: Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. by DBR: 4:43pm On May 04, 2010
Drake wont dare.
It's a big game he playin'
Like he reachin out to the dude Cole.
They both kno there's a subliminal rivalry btw them,
and Drake is smart enuff not to allow Cold Cole ice up the present flamy fame he got.
The catch of wat Drake said there was "i hope they willin"
eventually d collabo wont go down,or maybe t'will have just the other dude,and the
conclusion will be that Coldcole wasnt available-which pple will read as he aint WILLING.

And yea J.cole Renegaded Jay Z on that track!

oNe

(1) (2) (Reply)

NotjustOk: Vote for who wins #1,500,000 Naira now! (Top 30) #YouNeedANewBank / Davido A Good Time Full Album [zip File] / Download MP3: Odumeje Ft. Flavour – Umu Jesus (prod. Masterkraft)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.