Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres (3212 Views)

Walter Carrington Cres / Coronavirus: US Consulate In Nigeria Cancels All Visa Applications / My Experience At A Restaurant In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by don4real18(m): 12:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
I awoke to the sound of my alarms ringing simultaneously from my two phones. I had set it to 4:30am and I was still feeling sleepy (Thanks to the Barcelona vs Chelsea match)
I freshened up and boom, I was out of the house by 5:10am. The road was particularly free on this day though some trucks and trailers caused a little hiccup.
I got to the venue by 6:03 and was welcomed by the bystanders looking for customers (bros, you want passport, bros you want this bla blah blah) but I bone face carry go
A lady approached me and said she wanted to help me out and that was when I got to know that my passport size wasn't the required one so I had to take a new one (2k burn just like that) and she helped me staple my docs together
I got to the queue and bla blah blah, our passports was crosschecked and we were ushered into the waiting room where the interview will take place.
I wasn't scared... And so, after scanning and fingerprints, I met my interviewer and our conversation went as thus (she rejected two ppl in front of me even with travel history)
Consular- Good morning
Me- Good morning (I smiled)
Consular- What are you going to the US for
Me- My uncle has a wedding and tic tac toe
Consular- Tell me bout your job
Me- I am a _______ manager and I do this and that and angry (I stopped when she was looking like she didn't need the info)
Consular- How long have you been married
Me- I am not married but have a partner that lives in with me (me wey dey single since early last year)
Consular- Okay, this is your passport and this slip will tell you why we rejected you, I'm sorry
Me- It's okay (but inside my mind, I want burst...)

Mehn, please advise me on what to do next cos I was rejected on not having strong ties... I have a good job, a good account statement, and my peeps have houses in Nigeria but none of this was requested by the officer. I believe she was unjust or just having a bad day.
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by krisinfo: 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
Bros, did you settle those elders in your village with Schnapps and Kolanut before the interview?
Just asking o
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by don4real18(m): 12:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
krisinfo:
Bros, did you settle those elders in your village with Schnapps and Kolanut before the interview?
Just asking o

I no settle oo... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by chikaladgr: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
I had an interview more or less today but it was for my 5 year old as I already have a visa and travelled with it just once (for 3 weeks) before it expired and I have also renewed.

BACK TO THE INTERVIEW.

My daughter and I: Good morning
Consular Officer: Good Morning
Consular Officer: Is she your Mum (to my daughter)
Me: Yes she is
Consular Officer: why are you processing for only ur daughter, do u have a visa?
Me: Yes
Consular Officer: do you have ur passport?
Me Yes
Consular Officer: Can I see it
Me: Ok, dips hand in envelope and passes it to her
Consular Officer: (she went thru my passport and visa information) she now starts asking me questions i answered in my own interview in 2015 to know whether any story will change. (Obviously looking for a reason to deny me.
Consular Officer: where are your other kids?
Me: I only have one
Consular Officer: Are you married?
Consular Officer: Is your husband travelling too?
Me: No
Consular Officer: Who is funding this trip?
Me: I am
Consular Officer: What do u do?
Me: I work with .....
Consular Officer: what do you do for them?
Me: I work in ..... department as a .....officer
Consular Officer: ok. your visa will be ready in 3 working days (hands over white paper to me) and says have a good day.
Me: Thank you very much

Na so my own be today.

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by don4real18(m): 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
chikaladgr:
I had an interview more or less today but it was for my 5 year old as I already have a visa and travelled with it just once (for 3 weeks) before it expired and I have also renewed.

BACK TO THE INTERVIEW.

My daughter and I: Good morning
Consular Officer: Good Morning
Consular Officer: Is she your Mum (to my daughter)
Me: Yes she is
Consular Officer: why are you processing for only ur daughter, do u have a visa?
Consular Officer: do you have ur passport?
Me Yes
Consular Officer: Can I see it
Me: Ok, dips hand in envelope and passes it to her
Consular Officer: (she went thru my passport and visa information) she now starts asking me questions i answered in my own interview in 2015 to know whether any story will change. (Obviously looking for a reason to deny me.
Consular Officer: where are your other kids?
Me: I only have one
Consular Officer: Are you married?
Consular Officer: Is your husband travelling too?
Me: No
Consular Officer: Who is funding this trip?
Me: I am
Consular Officer: What do u do?
Me: I work with .....
Consular Officer: what do you do for them?
Me: I work in ..... department as a .....officer
Consular Officer: ok. your visa will be ready in 3 working days (hands over white paper to me) and says have a good day.
Me: Thank you very much

Na so my own be today.

Congratulations dear... I wish you and your kid a good stay

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by obo389(m): 4:27am On Mar 16, 2018
krisinfo:
Just asking o

Lmao angry angry grin
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by AJJ17(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2018
My own 13th March.
Stayed in an hotel Overnight from 12th around Adeola Odeku because I traveled from Ijebu and I don't want to have issues of traffic and late coming.
I got there around 8am 13th March from my hotel room , my interview was scheduled for 9.30 am.
Fast forward to waiting room security check where I have to remove my belt and wristwatch and put them on again after checks from one unfriendly fat lady.
Got in another queue for finger prints an all ,observing everything going on around me.
Eventually I was behind just one person and I became nervous because the way was lady VO was drilling the man and daughter before me going on for about 15 min was crazy but were eventually denied , the man was like why why why?

My Turn,

Me. Good morning ma.

VO.. Good morning. Your passport pls.

Me.. Here it is.

VO.. Where are you going in the US ?

Me..Atlanta Georgia

VO.. for what?

Me ..for a conference sponsored by my company.The conference name is .......

Vo..oH..mentions the name

VO .how long have you been working in the company?

Me..altogether 6 years because its an organisation with different sector ,one in steel the other one paper , I was with steel for 2 years and transferred to paper 4 years.

VO..you are in charge of so so and so?

Me ..yes ma

VO. are you married?

Me.Yes.

VO..for aw long ?

Me..1 year 3months

Vo ..how many kids,

Me..None yet but my wife is heavily pregnant dd may

VO...after some few min of doing what I don't know on her PC said Unfortunately you don't qualify to travel to the US this time and she gave me the Blue card,

Me ..I was like wow ..thank you.
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by don4real18(m): 5:12am On Mar 18, 2018
AJJ17:
My own 13th March.
Stayed in an hotel Overnight from 12th around Adeola Odeku because I traveled from Ijebu and I don't want to have issues of traffic and late coming.
I got there around 8am 13th March from my hotel room , my interview was scheduled for 9.30 am.
Fast forward to waiting room security check where I have to remove my belt and wristwatch and put them on again after checks from one unfriendly fat lady.
Got in another queue for finger prints an all ,observing everything going on around me.
Eventually I was behind just one person and I became nervous because the way was lady VO was drilling the man and daughter before me going on for about 15 min was crazy but were eventually denied , the man was like why why why?

My Turn,

Me. Good morning ma.

Me.. Here it is.

Me..Atlanta Georgia

VO.. for what?

Me..altogether 6 years because its an organisation with different sector ,one in steel the other one paper , I was with steel for 2 years and transferred to paper 4 years.

Me ..yes ma

VO. are you married?

Me.Yes.

VO..for aw long ?

Me..1 year 3months

Vo ..how many kids,

VO...after some few min of doing what I don't know on her PC said Unfortunately you don't qualify to travel to the US this time and she gave me the Blue card,

Crazy ppl... Maybe the interviewer is a republican. White or black?
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by AJJ17(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2018
don4real18:

Crazy ppl... Maybe the interviewer is a republican. White or black?
Na white o.. Lol
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by don4real18(m): 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
AJJ17:
Na white o.. Lol
Maybe the white no like ppl of color... Will you try again?
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by AJJ17(m): 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2018
don4real18:

Maybe the white no like ppl of color... Will you try again?
Sure I Will but not immediate. I dey think of another country sef. E bi like US yanga don too much.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by danielchidozie: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
AJJ17:
Sure I Will but not immediate. I dey think of another country sef. E bi like US yanga don too much.

oh, u wan run abi. this people dy read mind lol

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by Ralphlauren(m): 12:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
AJJ17:
My own 13th March.

Vo ..how many kids,

this is what killed you.

so you want to leave your 'heavily pregnant' wife to travel to the US for conference.

Even if the conference is planned for after her delivery, your wife and child will still need you around.

the fact is you should not have mentioned that your wife is pregnant, neither should you have said whether she is 'light or heavily' pregnant and you should not have said when she is due.

the question she asked was very simple : HOW MANY KIDS?

your answer should have been simple: NO, I DO NOT HAVE ANY KIDS AT THE MOMENT. no need for unnecessary story.

14 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by KaladaGreen(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
Hmm very strange Sha. I always wonder what they see to reject. I was granted a B1/B2 visa last week. Seriously I just couldn't believe it ! It was like a dream to me because i no go lie I have no travel history nor a fat account balance. What I had in my account was just 180k but I work with an energy firm. My salary is about 81k and I have worked for 4 years!

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by AJJ17(m): 5:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
Ralphlauren:

this is what killed you.

so you want to leave your 'heavily pregnant' wife to travel to the US for conference.

Even if the conference is planned for after her delivery, your wife and child will still need you around.

the fact is you should not have mentioned that your wife is pregnant, neither should you have said whether she is 'light or heavily' pregnant and you should not have said when she is due.

the question she asked was very simple : HOW MANY KIDS?

your answer should have been simple: NO, I DO NOT HAVE ANY KIDS AT THE MOMENT. no need for unnecessary story.

Thanks so much.
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by tabithababy(f): 1:22am On May 01, 2018
AJJ17:
My own 13th March.

My Turn,

Me. Good morning ma.

Me.. Here it is.

Me..Atlanta Georgia

VO.. for what?

Me ..yes ma

VO. are you married?

Me.Yes.

VO..for aw long ?

Me..1 year 3months

Vo ..how many kids,

You want to leave your heavily pregnant woman alone cheesy
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by Highter1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guy u just my brain ooo..just like DAT base on your testimony I don't think u last 2minutes.
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by Highter1(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Guy u just burst my brain ooo..just like DAT base on your testimony I don't think u last 2minutes.
Re: My Experience At The US Consulate Carrington Cres by seedord247(m): 4:48am On Apr 26, 2019
don4real18:
I awoke to the sound of my alarms ringing simultaneously from my two phones. I had set it to 4:30am and I was still feeling sleepy (Thanks to the Barcelona vs Chelsea match)
I freshened up and boom, I was out of the house by 5:10am. The road was particularly free on this day though some trucks and trailers caused a little hiccup.
I got to the venue by 6:03 and was welcomed by the bystanders looking for customers (bros, you want passport, bros you want this bla blah blah) but I bone face carry go
A lady approached me and said she wanted to help me out and that was when I got to know that my passport size wasn't the required one so I had to take a new one (2k burn just like that) and she helped me staple my docs together
I got to the queue and bla blah blah, our passports was crosschecked and we were ushered into the waiting room where the interview will take place.
I wasn't scared... And so, after scanning and fingerprints, I met my interviewer and our conversation went as thus (she rejected two ppl in front of me even with travel history)
Consular- Good morning
Me- Good morning (I smiled)
Consular- What are you going to the US for
Me- My uncle has a wedding and tic tac toe
Consular- Tell me bout your job
Me- I am a _______ manager and I do this and that and angry (I stopped when she was looking like she didn't need the info)
Consular- How long have you been married
Me- I am not married but have a partner that lives in with me (me wey dey single since early last year)
Consular- Okay, this is your passport and this slip will tell you why we rejected you, I'm sorry
Me- It's okay (but inside my mind, I want burst...)

Mehn, please advise me on what to do next cos I was rejected on not having strong ties... I have a good job, a good account statement, and my peeps have houses in Nigeria but none of this was requested by the officer. I believe she was unjust or just having a bad day.

You likely lied on your application you’re married and telling the VO a girl lives with you doesn’t sound reasonable!

(1) (Reply)

Brazilian Girls Show Me Salvador, Bahia, Brazil (pix) / Visiting Mexico As A Nigerian Passport Holder / My First Time Experience In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.