Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,873 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? (16353 Views)

Danfo Driver Who Took One-Way Fled & Abandoned His Bus When He Sighted Sanwo-Olu / Couple Seen Perching On The Bumper Of A Danfo Bus In Lagos. / Reckless Danfo Driver Collides With A Toyota Hiace Bus On Otedola Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:24am On Mar 16, 2018
phantonce:
Who needs prescription glass when you can prescribe yourself alomo,kerewa,gin and weed grin

Our fore fathers never used prescription glasses and lived fine. cool
did your fore father's ride okada or drive danfo filled with people on 3MB?

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by LaudableXX: 8:45am On Mar 16, 2018
xreal:
You have answered the question you asked.

If all the drivers and riders are mandated to conduct eye test, glasses will be recommended to a very large percentage.

Most of them hardly do lots of reading, hence they see no need for the test and no reason to get a glasses.

If I see okada wey dey use glasses...I no go climb am at allll.

Educate yourself. undecided Prescription glasses are not used only for reading. They are used primarily for vision. You are far safer with an Okada rider who is wearing a pair of prescription glasses, that improves his eyesight and enables him to see moving and static objects clearly, than hopping on to a bike driven by an Okada man who has bad eyesight (unknown to you), yet still refuses to wear recommended glasses to correct his vision. It is a disaster waiting to happen! shocked

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by LaudableXX: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2018
donwhizkid:
Until we change our ideology about glasses, the better for us..

I wish to correct an Impression here, USING PRESCRIBED GLASSES DOES NOT MEAN U R BLIND OR U CAN NOT SEE. The glasses are there to augument ur vision and not to deteriorate it..

A man with prescribed glasses, sees better than a man without glasses whose ocular conditions are same.

Exactly!! undecided
Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by LaudableXX: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2018
Sard:
I used to have this belief until recent. I was/am shortsighted, and thus, couldn't see from far but wasn't using glasses because I believed it would make my sight deteriorate. Besides, most young people using glasses often look like nerds.
I started using glasses a few months ago and it was such a great decision.
People should be educated on this point of yours.

Well said. I know people who have worn glasses for almost 40 years, and their vision actually improved! cheesy Opticians and ophthalmologists need to create more awareness, about this issue.
Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by xreal: 8:51am On Mar 16, 2018
LaudableXX:

Educate yourself. undecided Prescription glasses are not used only for reading. They are used primarily for vision. You are far safer with an Okada rider who is wearing a pair of prescription glasses, that improves his eyesight and enables him to see moving and static objects clearly, than hopping on to a bike driven by an Okada man who has bad eyesight (unknown to you), yet still refuses to wear recommended glasses to correct his vision. It is a disaster waiting to happen! shocked

Ok

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by TheAlchemist: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2018
Sard:

I used to have this belief until recent. I was/am shortsighted, and thus, couldn't see from far but wasn't using glasses because I believed it would make my sight deteriorate. Besides, most young people using glasses often look like nerds.
I started using glasses a few months ago and it was such a great decision.
People should be educated on this point of yours.

i am still struggling with the issue of using glasses, although i have one prescribed by the optician.
Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by Sard(m): 11:54am On Mar 16, 2018
TheAlchemist:

i am still struggling with the issue of using glasses, although i have one prescribed by the optician.

I struggled at the beginning too. I would only put it on once in a while at first, but now I use it almost every day. I even have strap for holding it around my neck when I'm not using it.
I suggest you use a fanciful frame to make the glasses look more awesome on you.
Re: Have You Seen A Danfo Driver Or Okada Rider Wearing Prescription Glasses? by ndcide(m): 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2018
Using glasses was one of the most difficult decisions I ever took.
People don't understand.
Even when I started using it, I couldn't believe I was on glasses. The question I kept asking the doctor was, will I stop using glasses soon? At some point, I felt the glasses were affecting my eyes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Is Life In Poland.. / Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? / Ethiopian Air Opens Condolence Registers In Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.