Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Barcelona Captain Iniesta Considering Move To China - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Captain Iniesta Considering Move To China (279 Views)

Messi Re-elected Barcelona Captain / BREAKING NEWS: Messi Named New Barcelona Captain / Mikel, Neymar, Ronaldo & Iniesta Welcome Teams To Russia (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Captain Iniesta Considering Move To China by Thejournalng046: 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2018
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta revealed he has an offer to move to China and will make a decision on his future before the end of April.
The 33-year-old came through the youth system at Barca, has made over 400 appearances for the club and signed a “lifetime contract” with the club in October.

But after a 3-0 win over Chelsea on Wednesday secured the team’s place in the Champions League quarter-finals, Iniesta admitted his future may lie elsewhere.

“Before April 30 I have to make the decision whether I’m still in Barcelona or I’m going to China. I have to assess what is best for me and for the club,” he said.

“It is a decision that I will communicate to the club first and then you will find out. I will make a decision before April 30.

“It will be the most honest for me and for the club.”

Iniesta has been linked with Tianjin Quanjian, although the Chinese Super League club declared the rumours “false” this week and threatened legal action to stamp them out.

Iniesta has won the Champions League four times and La Liga eight times during a period of sustained success for Barcelona.

Coach Ernesto Valverde said: “It’s a very personal decision, he has to decide.

“I’m not thinking of a Barcelona without Andres Iniesta because right now we have a Barcelona with Andres Iniesta.”

Source: journalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/03/15/barcelona-captain-iniesta-considering-move-china/

(1) (Reply)

Xabi Alonso Risks 5-year Jail Over Tax Fraud / Russia Vs Brazil - Preview And Possible Lineups / Russia 2018: FIFA Picks African Officials, Snubs Nigerian Referees, Assistants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.