Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria (4403 Views)

Youtube Enables Users To Save Videos For Offline Use In Nigeria. / Full Meaning Of Some Common Slang's Use In Chatting / How Can I Use My Iphone 3gs For Internet Connection With A Glo Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by uscars2: 6:46pm On May 01, 2010
Hello Guys,

I am new on the forum and will like to ask a question on iPhone.

I currently reside in the US but will be coming back to live permanently in Nigeria next month and I am wondering if anybody in Nairaland can link to post already here or detail me on how I can unlock my iPhone 3Gs locked currently with AT&T.

Also I will like to inquire on the best Nigerian operator (MTN, GLO, Zain, Etisalat, etc)  that anyone will prefer me to use so that I can be connected on the net and still use all my apps while in Nigeria. I understand that there are ways one can get connected online in Naija without paying heavily for it. That's my interest.

Any ideas are welcome as I need to plan in advance for my move. Many thanks to you all. Regards.
Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by labiyemmy(m): 7:17pm On May 01, 2010
The iPhone 3gs is new - i have one, and i have not been able to unlock it in the UK.

You can connect to any of the networks - for MTN - its only 5k per month i.e. 33 dollars every month.
Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by omafones: 10:42am On May 05, 2010
Hi poster, the 3Gs can be unlocked but in very few places and this will be a 'software' unlock which means it is very likely to become locked again, if the battery ever drains or there is any upgrade. I suggest you buy a 'factory unlocked' 3Gs or use an ordinary 3G below 3.2.2 O/S.

A factory unlocked 3Gs will cost at least N130k.

You will be able to use your iPhone in Nigeria to it's full extent including downloading itunes and apps.

www.omafones.com
www.omagames.com

can supply factory unlocked phones as well as itune top up cards denominated in USD or £ sterling, you pay in Naira.
Network providers well it really is a toss up between all 4 GSM providers, I suggest you go in to their shops when in Nigeria and attempt to negotiate 'post paid' also known as 'contract' packages as you get your best prices here as opposed to 'pre-pay' or top-up cards.

hope this helps a bit.
Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by marcoambro: 8:28pm On Jul 26, 2010
hello everybody,

I'm an italian teacher. I normally use an iPhone 3G 16 MB bought in UK and unjailed for my country.
I'm going to spend a couple of months in Nigeria this year and up to six during next.
Can you suggest a company I could subscribe to ''on demand''? since I'm  not staying all
the time, the best to me would be to pay only the services I really use. Is that possible
with any of the Nigerian phone companies?
Thanks a lot

marco
Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by leuelliot(m): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2010
^^ Yes there are Mobile phone operators in Nigeria that offer pay as you go features
Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by marcoambro: 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
thank you leuelliot,

could you suggest the most interesting?
thanks again

marco
Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by DoubleN(m): 3:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
THe Operators i recommend because of their flexibility and affordability are Etisalat and Zain

Etisalat has the following packages:100MB for 30days at N,1000
500MB for 30days at N3,000

Zain has the following packages 100MB for 30days at N,1000
Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by lynxnoon(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
well if any1 is considering zain or etisalat; i would advice u to go for etisalat cos dia EDGE is beta dan any oda gsm coys' EDGE

1 Like

Re: Iphone 3gs Use In Nigeria by leuelliot(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
Summary of what those two are saying is: If you want 3g service (depends on your location) and much more expensive than EDGE go for MTN. If you want cheap data plans with EDGE service go for Etisalat. wink

(1) (Reply)

IOS Kills All Other OS Platforms, Never Going Back To Android. / The Most Powerful Android App Ever!!!! / Streaming Live Matches With Mobdro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.