Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

The 80/20 Rule: 11 Simple Ways To Boost Your Life In 24 Hours - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The 80/20 Rule: 11 Simple Ways To Boost Your Life In 24 Hours (319 Views)

Listening To Frank Edwards' Songs Saved My Life In A Fatal Accident - Lady Says / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? / 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 80/20 Rule: 11 Simple Ways To Boost Your Life In 24 Hours by nonfab22: 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2018
The resources available to man are very limited. We have only 24hours in a day, our knowledge bank isn’t filled up, that’s why we read books and our bank accounts are never going to be fat enough for us to stop making more money. As a matter of fact, the reason why we use the word, “dreams” to refer to aspirations is because they cannot be actualized now due to the unavailable resources. This is where the 80/20 rule comes in.

The 80/20 rule states that for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.
– Vilfredo Pareto

This rule otherwise known as the Pareto principle was coined by the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto and has been observed to be true in every works of life.

In simplest of words, it means that 80% of the results we achieve in life are often dependent on only 20% of our efforts; and 80% of the things that happen in life are caused by only a selected 20% of the world’s population. This means that to get maximum results in life, we must channel our limited resources to areas where there will be maximum productivity.

It’s noteworthy that the 80/20 is not rigid. At times, it can be 90/10 or 85/15 or something within that range. Nonetheless, the reality behind that rule holds true for every works of life. In this rule, the two dominant keywords are causes and effects referring to actions and results respectively.

These guidelines can be practically applied through the following ways:

1. Identify Your Productive Time And Maximize It

Everyone is different. The earlier you realized that, the better productive you’ll be. Some are night crawlers, while others do very well in the day time. Stop struggling to be like someone who always work into the night. I know it’s good to develop stature in all areas, but just stop it. Identify the hours of the day when you are most productive and maximize it. If it is 5am to 10am, then ensure nothing distracts you during those hours because 20% of your work time gives 80% of the results.

2. Devote More Time To Read A Few Important Books

There is no point wasting your time reading every book published by every author. Come on, I know you want to gather so much knowledge, but for the sake of maximum productivity, channel more time towards reading certain kinds of books that will make you a lord in your niche. Reread the most important ones of them all. You can allocate the remaining 80% of your reading time to other books in diverse categories.

3. Read Only The Important Parts Of A Book And Skip The Rest

As an author, I shouldn’t be telling you this, but it’s the truth. Your time is limited, know what you want in a book and go for it–our usage of dictionary taught us that. You obviously won’t have to read the entire dictionary, would you?

4. Devote More Time To Nurture Your Most Important Relationships

You might have a cycle of 1000 friends. Bravo! That’s a good figure, but how many of them are really productive? On Facebook, I basically interact with less than 5% of my over 4000 friends, because I get the best results from them. Build relationships, network properly, but nurture the most fruitful ones of them all because 20% of relationships give 80% of the value.

5. Focus More On Creating Memorable Moments In Your Relationships

Think about your most cherished relationship. How many memorable moments can you remember in it? Juxtapose those moments with the remaining moments shared in the relationship and you will realize that the beautiful moments were just a minute fraction of the entire moments. What you did to create those moments. Focus more on those things and build the quality of your relationships drastically.

Please follow the link to read more: http://notemast.com/8020-principle-11-ways-improve-life/

(1) (Reply)

Gov.wike Has No Good Plan For Rivers State Youths. / Your Event Jotter, Program At The Cheapest Price / Offset Car Accident Cops Wanna Know Why He Left Scene.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.