Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

What I Learnt When I Passed 3 Nights At Toby Nwazor's Apartment - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What I Learnt When I Passed 3 Nights At Toby Nwazor's Apartment (538 Views)

I Notice Strange Marks On My Body When I Wake Up / What's The Greatest Lesson You Learnt In Life? / What Is The Biggest Life Lesson You Have Learnt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Learnt When I Passed 3 Nights At Toby Nwazor's Apartment by nonfab22: 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
The first question I probably have to answer is, “Who is Toby Nwazor?”

Toby is one of those silent leaders whose works have spoken volumes of him even in his absence. He’s a contemporary life coach, speaker, blogger and ‘writepreneur’ whose works have been featured on leading blogs such as Huffington Post, Good Men Project, The Entrepreneur, Addicted2Success and a host of others. If you call him a formidable authority in the ‘writosphere’, you won’t be wrong.

I’ve known him for a while, but got closer to him only about a year ago. I was privileged to spend three nights in his apartment. That was for sure three of my most enlightening nights ever. This article is based on what I learnt from him within a period of one year and precisely during the three precious nights at his abode.

1. Success Is A Decision

Success doesn’t just happen to you. It’s not magic, neither does it obey the principles of coincidence. It’s basically “preparation meets opportunity.” He made it very clear from his lifestyle that every second we live is a choice. And the actions thereof can determine whether we’ll be successful or not.

2. Remain Where You Are Celebrated And You’ll Remain A Local Champion

I had always been a writer in various spheres. Not professionally though, but I’ve always been expressing myself in good flow of words. I was always on Facebook writing poems and articles for birthday celebrations. It was quite great, stressful but lovely.

I needed to explore a wider sphere but didn’t know how to start. I never really saw myself as a professional writer either. I was caught within the borders of a mediocre local champion. My situation changed immediately I placed a call across to him about a year ago. The result was that I started Notemast Blog.

He taught me that I can never win new territories if I decide to build a castle in my comfort zone.

Explore, stumble, rise and dominate.

3. It’s More Blessed To Give Than To Receive

While I underwent a 3-day mentorship class in his apartment, I was able to catch a glimpse of his giving culture. Toby has a percentage of his income that is devoted to others. He gives to those in need and those he looks up to — God inclusive.

To him, there is no influence without giving; and it transcends beyond finances. Time, knowledge and other resources can be sown too.

4. Always Make Out Time To Mentor Others

I had to do a little secretive survey of the number of people around me that are being directly and indirectly mentored by Toby. The result was a shocker.

Don’t get too busy that you have no time for others. Always learn to give back to the society. It is one of the surest way to expand your sphere of influence.

5. “The Market Is Not Saturated”

Those were the exact words he told me the night he asked me to start a blog. According to him, “as long as you have value to offer, you’ll always have an audience to listen.

If you can locate a suitable niche, settle there, solve a need, offer something irresistible and innovative, you’ll discover that the market is not saturated.”

6. Consistency Challenge

The writer’s block is an issue that every writer can identify with. Whenever it happens, writers lose all forms of motivation to write. Well, Toby taught me that you can break every jinx and remain consistent in whatever you do. You must create a strategy and escape route for yourself.

He writes at least an article on Facebook every day and still has time to meet up with other writing requests. The consistency challenge is one that every success-minded person was take. Locate that inconsistency bug in your life, chart a plan around it and ensure you beat it at it own game.

Click link to read more: https://notemast.com/15-things-toby-nwazor-taught/

(1) (Reply)

Where Is His Moral (photo) / Watch African Movies Here / Which Social Media Account Is The Most Interesting To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.