Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? (2077 Views)

Infinix Hot S3 Official Discussion Thread / Unveiling The New Infinix Hot S3 / Infinix Hot S3 Update Releases Face Unlock Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2018
[img]https://3.bp..com/-wDQeSDLVkPo/Wqv_O8bBK8I/AAAAAAAAAtA/KGC55-gfLY8i-MAk6oQwG5MwueWKatlggCLcBGAs/s1600/img1521220107883-01.jpeg[/img]

Tecno Mobile has been the leading smartphone brand in Nigeria. They've set the standards and shown other brands the marketability of smartphones in Nigeria.

Tecno Mobile produces top quality and mid-range devices, no doubt, but another has taken over - INFINIX MOBILITY. The Infinix Hot 2 was the manufacturer's breakthrough flagship which adhered smartphone lovers to the brand. In Nigeria today, they're the go-to guys for quality smartphone with good battery capacity.

Forget about Tecno Mobile, Infinix Mobility is arguably the leading smartphone brand in Nigeria. It's been an healthy battle between these two and it's like the "Messi and Ronaldo comparison."

With all that being said, let's take a look at the latest flagships from these two brand - Tecno Camon CM and Infinix Hot S3. We'll review the specs and show you which is better.

TECNO CAMON CM AND INFINIX HOT S3 were released on February 2018 but Infinix Hot S3 still isn't available in Nigeria at the time of writing this piece.

Let's take a look at what these flagships have to offer:

TECNO CAMON CM KEY FEATURES

[img]https://3.bp..com/-jXCitnoWYA0/Wqv2peYdybI/AAAAAAAAAso/CzfuKFJq_jcyku3IjhDbWNrYNDyJR1dDgCLcBGAs/s1600/tecno-camon-cm-featured-image-1.jpg[/img]
Tecno Camon CM

Tecno Camon CM parades a slim and an elegant body design. It's a 4G enabled device which has dual sim functionality and runs Android 7.0 Nougat. It comes with a 5.7" display and a 720 x 1440 pixels screen resolution.

Tecno Camon CM houses a 3000mAh capacity battery which is non-removable. A 2GB RAM, internal storage of 16GB with expandable memory upto 128GB via microSD. It houses a Quadcore processor with MT6757 chipset with clocks at 1.2GHz.

Tecno Camon CM boasts an astounding 13MP front and rear camera with LED Flash for high quality photos. The Tecno Camon CM promises a better audio quality with its 3.5mm jack.

The Infinix Hot S3 will definitely blow your mind with its features.

INFINIX HOT S3 - WHAT DOES THIS FLAGSHIP OFFER?
[img]https://1.bp..com/-2iU63C4a7hM/Wqv2syg-S4I/AAAAAAAAAss/ZQD0Isc-0AYgXjSRczN5_NstgoPL_NGYgCEwYBhgL/s1600/Infinix-Hot-S3-1.png[/img]
Infinix Hot S3

This is the latest of the Infinix S series. It also has the 4G functionality which offers a top browsing experience. The Infinix Hot S3 is the first Infinix phone to run Android 8.0 Oreo (with updates to be available on selected flagships very soon).

The Infinix Hot S3 comes with a 5.65" Full HD display and 720 x 1440 pixels screen resolution.

Here comes the deal breaker, the Infinix Hot S3 boasts of an Octacore 1.4GHz processor running on the QUALCOMM SNAPDRAGON 430 chipset (first of its kind for Infinix phones). I'm critical about it though.

The Infinix Hot S3 gives you a whole new selfie experience with its adorable 20MP front camera; and quality photoshooting experience with its 13MP back camera both which has dual LED Flash features.

Infinix is well known for its long lasting battery capacity and the Infinix Hot S3 is no exception with its impressive 4000mAh battery capacity.

Now to the topic: TECNO CAMON CM and INFINIX HOT S3 - Which Is Better?

Tecno Camon CM and Infinix Hot S3

DISPLAY

Both the Tecno Camon CM and Infinix Hot S3 both parades full screen dispay with the 18:9 spect ratio. Infinix Hot S3 does better with its Full HD display compared to Tecno Camon CM's HD display. Tecno 5.7" display surpasses infinix 5.65" with a slight 0.05". Both android devices uses the 720 x 1440 pixels resolution. There ain't any significant difference in terms of design and display between these two.

CAMERA

Tecno Camon series are famed for their impressive camera and Tecno Camon CM is no different with its 13MP front and rear camera. The Infinix Hot S3 also boasts a 13MP rear camera. It offers a better selfie experience than the Camon CM with its remarkable 20MP front camera. Infinix does better this time in this regard.

SOFTWARE AND PROCESSOR

There are major differences between these two devices in terms of software and processor, and rightly so. The Tecno Camon CM runs Android 7.0 Nougat, 1.25GHz Quadcore processor and MT6737 chipset.

Infinix did really great by introducing the Android 8.0 Oreo OS and Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset, which for me, is the deal breaker and a welcome development, but the question is, why use a 2015 chipset in a 2018 smartphone? I'm not downplaying the fact it's a far more better chipset than the Tecno's MT6737. Infinix also does way better with its Octacore 1.4GHz processor. For a lag-free and maximum performance, I'd go for Infinix Hot S3 'cause it's way better.

MEMORY AND BATTERY

Infinix Hot S3 3GB RAM beats Tecno Camon CM's 2GB RAM. Infinix does better again with an Internal storage of 32GB compared to Tecno's 16GB internal storage.

Speaking of battery. In a country like ours where power supply is epileptic, battery capacity is an important factor considered by smartphone users; and I really don't know why Tecno doesn't think of that. Infinix has been the pacesetter in regarding to battery capacity. Infinix Hot S3 houses a 4000mAh battery compared to Tecno's 3000mAh battery.

PRICE

Tecno Camon CM costs NGN45,000 while Infinix Hot S3 costs NGN55,000.

Conclusion

I've got a problem with these two brands; Tecno and Infinix are just reproducing old phones with new design. It's more like changing the oil of a generator set or pouring old wine in new bottles.

Tecno Camon CM is definitely no upgrade to Camon CX. In fact, it's a rehashed Camon CX air with reduced qualities.

The Infinix Hot S3 might not be the best Infinix Phones but absolutely better than other infinix phone with its latest technology.

In regard to this topic - Tecno Camon CM And Infinix Hot S3: Which is better? Which should you buy? Which offers value for money? The INFINIX HOT S3.

It's my opinion though, share with us your opinion. Which one is better?

https://www.favshub.com/2018/03/infinix-hot-s3-tecno-camon-cm.html

Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 8:34pm On Mar 16, 2018
Cc: Lalasticlala
Cc: Mynd44
Cc: Dominique
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by princemillla(m): 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
My honest submission

I dont know why techno keep repackaging old features into new devices. Just imagine the overhyped camon cm with 2gig ram and 1.25Ghz just trying to figure out the stability of the 4g on that
I will rather buy a core chinese phone than buy the camon cm.

Infinix did a good job with the new snapdragon atleast dem try even if na old snapdragon. Half bread with small butter is better than garri covered with fried egg(cm).

I give it to Infinix.....kudos guys

1 Like

Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
princemillla:
My honest submission

I dont know why techno keep repackaging old features into new devices. Just imagine the overhyped camon cm with 2gig ram and 1.25Ghz just trying to figure out the stability of the 4g on that
I will rather buy a core chinese phone than buy the camon cm.

Infinix did a good job with the new snapdragon atleast dem try even if na old snapdragon. Half bread with small butter is better than garri covered with fried egg(cm).

I give it to Infinix.....kudos guys

Well said bro
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2018
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2018

Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by ikbnice(m): 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
Infinix... Snapdragon... Wow. That's superb.

1 Like

Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 11:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
ikbnice:
Infinix... Snapdragon... Wow. That's superb.

I was more surprised
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 7:33am On Mar 17, 2018
Lalasticlala

This deserve FP
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2018
Lalasticlala
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by Samson1851(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by scarycuteface(m): 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2018
Tecno CM....hmmmm. almost perfect. Wanted more though.
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by omoalajah(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
The Canon to me is the better phone.
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by datyorubaboy: 11:26pm On Mar 19, 2018
Nice reviews

1 Like

Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by missslimzy(f): 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
In love with the phone
scarycuteface:
Tecno CM....hmmmm. almost perfect. Wanted more though.

1 Like

Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by kelvinjeremiah(m): 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2018
datyorubaboy:
Nice reviews
Thanks
Re: Review: Infinix Hot S3 Vs Tecno Camon Cm - Which Is Better? by scarycuteface(m): 8:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
missslimzy:
In love with the phone
you're not alone.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Sealed Locked Iphones 11 Pro-256gb And 11 Pro Max 256gb / Clean Used Gionee S11 Lite (64GB ROM) 32k. SOLD / Pls How Do I Hack My N96

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.