Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Gamble Doesn't Pay... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gamble Doesn't Pay... (608 Views)

Ifa Doesn't Pick Yoruba Kings, Only Governors Do - Oluwo Of Iwo / Meet The Koma Tribe That Doesn't Wear Clothes / The Oba Doesn't Go On Transfer, But Travels In A 2016 Rolls Royce Phantom (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gamble Doesn't Pay... by Frankizone(m): 3:26am On Mar 17, 2018
I want to write on a very important stuff that has rapidly and adversely eaten deep into the system of Nigerian youth today. I called this a cankerworm and destroyer of life. Few months back as I walked down the street, I saw a large crowd of people encircled among themselves, having decided to take a look for what is going on which I don't usually do but that day I decided to joined the crowd.

Laying on the ground was a young man I presumed should be in his late twenties been exhausted by the beating he had received by some persons, such a handsome and energetic guy what could have been his crime? Whispering were going on, for no one wants to be held responsible for what they said because you really don't know who is who among you. Finally, his crime was revealed.

The young man was given a hundred and thirty five thousand naira to go and pay into an account of a supplier who sold goods to his neighbour,(sender) the young boy after receiving the money to go and pay in as instructed, dash of the street and was never seen until after four days and the money wasn't paid. O boy wetin you carry the money do nah? Was the question been thrown at him randomly not until the guy who sent him the errand spoke up. He has been looking for this boy for three days but to no availed until he was given a tip that he should look for him in any of the "BET9JA" shop.

For those who don't know, bet9ja shop is a place where people place bet on gambling in a soccer match with the hope of doubling their money. Now there is an online game called VIRTUAL GAME, that one is been computerised and its results comes out every four minutes and that was the place this boy blew up #135,000 in a space of two days. He couldn't go home anymore for fear of the unknown, but his greatest fear soon become a reality. After searching for him on several bet shop, he was caught finally and that was the result that created the scene we all gathered to see.

Initially when I started, I called this gambling a cankerworm and destroyer that has eaten deep into the consciousness of the Nigerian youth, nobody wants to work hard to make money anymore rather they believe in the quick money they will win from gambling. Go to bet shop on daily bases and you will understand the scenario of what I am saying here, you will see lot of boys playing the virtual games as if there future depends on it, some have turn there into their home and business and I want to ask, what is the hope of the Nigerian youth? Yes some will come up with the excuse of no work and I ask again, does it mean if there is no work you should spend the little cash you have unnecessarily?

This addiction of gambling is so terrible and until you give it up, you will never amount to anything useful in life. It will make you poor and miserable, forget about the stories of people winning millions how many are they? Even at all, they are just few but the majority of the patroniser are been impoverished, it is a case of robbing "Peter to pay Paul" and whoever brought that game to Nigeria never had the progress of the youth at heart.

Are u a chronic addict in anything gambling? Take a look at your life now and before you started gambling and see the difference. An adage in my place said "whenever a man wakes up automatically becomes his morning". A word is enough for the wise. #copied

1 Like

Re: Gamble Doesn't Pay... by ameri9ja: 4:24am On Mar 17, 2018
Compulsive gambling is actually a very serious disease
Re: Gamble Doesn't Pay... by yormite20(m): 7:29am On Mar 17, 2018
Play the game, never let the game Play you.
There are rules in everything, especially gambling. Rule 1 Never make it your a job Rule 2 Stake what you can afford to lose (with your own extra cash) Rule 3 Remember is just for fun, never let in go into your head Rule 4 Remember you can never make it through gambling.
Re: Gamble Doesn't Pay... by chidekings(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2018
yormite20:
Play the game, never let the game Play you.

There are rules in everything, especially gambling.
Rule 1
Never make it your a job
Rule 2
Stake what you can afford to lose (with your own extra cash)
Rule 3
Remember is just for fun, never let in go into your head
Rule 4
Remember you can never make it through gambling.

How many gamblers fit keep this rules?
Re: Gamble Doesn't Pay... by yormite20(m): 5:06am On Mar 19, 2018
chidekings:

How many gamblers fit keep this rules?
it's left for them, some learn it in the hard way

(1) (Reply)

Akeredolu’s Wife Installed As “nneora Ndigbo” (mother Of Ndigbo) / Meet Maddie Kate,an American Who Loves To Dance To Afro Beats Songs / Shoe In Urhobo (isabato Evun Urhobo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.