Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... (1110 Views)

Mother Wants Her Daughter To Quit Marriage Because Of This / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... by z11111: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2018
Dear Jzhane,

I am a member of your facebook group and I have been tremendously blessed following you and reading your blog posts.

Please help me. My parents have refused to give their consent to my marriage simply because they think I am too young and my four older sisters are not yet married. I come from a family of six. Five girls and one boy. The girls are not yet married. But I met someone and we have been dating for two years. I met him in my 300 level,now I am doing my NYSC. The guy is my soul mate. He is 29 and loves me so much.

When I told my parents about him,they said that I cannot marry before my elder sisters. They also say that 23 is too young. I think they are being selfish and I want to go ahead and get married without their consent. Myself and my fiance want to go for court wedding next month if my parents still refuse. But I am unhappy about this,I would really love for my parents to agree and be a part of my next big step in life.

The sad thing is that none of my four sisters are......Complete story from

https://livelystones.com.ng/ask-jzhane-my-parents-will-not-approve-my-marriage-because/
Re: My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... by Zaronxpanol(f): 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2018
If u r d humble and respectful type and they know you won't rub your wedding rings on your elder sister face, they will approve ur wedding lolz..I am joking.....But on a serious note, ur wedding will indirectly draw negative attention, comments and put pressure on ur elder sisters and your parents will be forced to answer many naija aproko and tatafo questions like...What is happening to ur older daughters and why are they still unmarried when u d last is getting married?...The truth is dat ur wedding will make ur older sisters insecure and ur parents wont feel too happy and proud, because they would preferred ur elder sisters to get married before you.......If u want peace please wait till u are 25years...Tell ur parents you will give ur elder sister 2years space and if they refuse to get married, then your parents will understand dat u were abit considerate and sympathetic to ur sisters course. Even ur elder sister will know u wished them well by waiting for 2years and they won't hold grudges against you, if they weren't able to get a husband with the 2years u waited.....But if u go ahead with this marriage, I can belt u, you are on ur own..None of ur family members would wish u well from d bottom of their heart.....
Re: My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... by Water101(f): 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2018
No! she should wait till she is 30.u write dis trash and in ur mind u wrote something,they wont accept 4rm their heart bla!bla!bla.imagine! So her sisters should determine her destiny,wait! Are u alrite- 2 yrs 4 dem to get a husband, dem they sell husband 4 market,what are they doin all this while,any shame they want to feel bcause their younger sis got married let them feel it nw..true adult should own up to every decision they mk.dance to d music u play urself.c me c wahala o y? Should anoda person suffer 4 d decision u made.it is nt by force to give advice nxt time shut it.it is beta nt to post dan to post gabbarish gabbage.... [quote author=Zaronxpanol post=65913064] and tatafo questions o ur older daughters and why are they still unmarried when u d last is getting married?...The truth is dat ur wedding will make ur older sisters insecure and ur parents wont feel too happy and proud, because they would preferred ur elder sisters tIf u want peace please wait till u are 25years...Tell ur pand if
Re: My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:05am On Mar 18, 2018
Zaronxpanol:
If u r d humble and respectful type and they know you won't rub your wedding rings on your elder yet same parents will start panicking when the guy moves on and she no see husband againsister face, they will approve ur wedding lolz..I am joking.....But on a serious note, ur wedding will indirectly draw negative attention, comments and put pressure on ur elder sisters and your parents will be forced to answer many naija aproko and tatafo questions like...What is happening to ur older daughters and why are they still unmarried when u d last is getting married?...The truth is dat ur wedding will make ur older sisters insecure and ur parents wont feel too happy and proud, because they would preferred ur elder sisters to get married before you.......If u want peace please wait till u are 25years...Tell ur parents you will give ur elder sister 2years space and if they refuse to get married, then your parents will understand dat u were abit considerate and sympathetic to ur sisters course. Even ur elder sister will know u wished them well by waiting for 2years and they won't hold grudges against you, if they weren't able to get a husband with the 2years u waited.....But if u go ahead with this marriage, I can belt u, you are on ur own..None of ur family members would wish u well from d bottom of their heart.....
Re: My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:06am On Mar 18, 2018
Zaronxpanol:
If u r d humble and respectful type and they know you won't rub your wedding rings on your elder yet same parents will start panicking when the guy moves on and she no see husband againsister face, they will approve ur wedding lolz..I am joking.....But on a serious note, ur wedding will indirectly draw negative attention, comments and put pressure on ur elder sisters and your parents will be forced to answer many naija aproko and tatafo questions like...What is happening to ur older daughters and why are they still unmarried when u d last is getting married?...The truth is dat ur wedding will make ur older sisters insecure and ur parents wont feel too happy and proud, because they would preferred ur elder sisters to get married before you.......If u want peace please wait till u are 25years...Tell ur parents you will give ur elder sister 2years space and if they refuse to get married, then your parents will understand dat u were abit considerate and sympathetic to ur sisters course. Even ur elder sister will know u wished them well by waiting for 2years and they won't hold grudges against you, if they weren't able to get a husband with the 2years u waited.....But if u go ahead with this marriage, I can belt u, you are on ur own..None of ur family members would wish u well from d bottom of their heart.....
shey they have ready made husband for d girl when she reach 35 and the guy has married another woman that is ready
Re: My Parents Will Not Approve My Marriage Because... by z11111: 11:37am On May 20, 2018
Does that mean , as a younger sister , one should not marry when she gets the opportunity ??

[quote author=MIKOLOWISKA post=65930431][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

Man Gives Birth In Finland / Groom Decided To Divorce Bride 2 Days After Wedding. Justified? / Nigerian Man Celebrates 70th Birthday With 7 Sons And Their Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.