Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

What's Next After Been Denied Admission? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's Next After Been Denied Admission? (8351 Views)

Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by rasputinn(m): 7:49am On Mar 18, 2018
@ Mod,

This is an education-related thread so bad English should not be projected by the mods

Kindly correct and re-write the thread topic as "After BEING denied admission........" and not BEEN denied which you wrongly wrote.

Thanks
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by ztarlord(m): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2018
make cool dollars daily with ease no conditions apply just sign up and start earning check my signature
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by tosyne2much(m): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2018
idealsico:
Study harder. Even your sentence construction is not good enough. You should rather admit that you failed your admission tests and not that you were denied adnission.
This comment doesn't make sense.. Don't add to the problem of people when you have nothing meaningful to say.

That is why this country will always remain backwards. Chinese are very worst when it comes to speaking good English yet they are leading in technology

2 Likes

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by eduevolutionnow(m): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2018
Better develop your programming skill and try to to do something Unique. Who University help.

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Ejyksneh(m): 7:53am On Mar 18, 2018
Thank you, someone who couldn't make a good comprehensive sentence is talking about distinction
idealsico:
Study harder. Even your sentence construction is not good enough. You should rather admit that you failed your admission tests and not that you were denied adnission.
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by santricedupas(m): 7:59am On Mar 18, 2018
guy abeg, go for hnd. computer science in university of ibadan is like waste of time. they teaches old programming languages that are not relevant anymore in this computer age, I rather advise you to continue with your hnd and obtain many certification online based on computer sciences. ict employers don't look at certificates but what skill you possessed.
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by ndat(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2018
idealsico:
..admission not adnission.....ITK

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by mankand(m): 8:00am On Mar 18, 2018
Come to my signature for abroad admission without entrance examination
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by HoodBillionaire: 8:21am On Mar 18, 2018
hustle
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:26am On Mar 18, 2018
Peacebeels:
How To Graduate With First Class In Any University

Graduating from the university with a first class degree has been one of the impossible attainments for so many graduates over the years. This is often caused by the way they took their academics at the start of their first year. First class students will attest to the fact that anyone can graduate with the first class if the person chooses to do so and is determined to get it.

READ MORE https://eduguidehub.com/how-to-graduate-with-first-class-in-any-university/
u bin get ist class ist class wer sadist lecturers don pocket finish....nonsense
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by cuteralph101(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2018
bammyww:
Hello everyone, i'v been denied admission by the University of Ibadan. I applied via direct entry, i'm a diploma holder in computer science(distinction). I was so confident about my result that i didnt obtain this year direct entry form from jamb. I gave people my result to help me get admitted but i guess they did not work on it.
I dont know what to do,i'm beggining to loose interest in education,cuz almost 2 years will be wasted if im too wait till next year and apply again and my parent cannot my afford private university.
I'v a programming skill,i developed sqrim.com : a social community and a pay as u go streaming platform for premium audios and free streaming for basic audios(currently in beta vs). I'll be 21 this year.
Pls advice.
a bro u don't need tha fucking school. U cud use those 2 years to improve on ur programming skills then venture into AI leave em bullshit schools, also register for Andela. Learn hacking 2 years is too small. But CS in Nigeria is dogshit if u don't improve urself.

Edx: CS50 goof luck

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Krafty006: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2018
learn a skill, don't stay idle

2 Likes

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 18, 2018
bammyww:
Hello everyone, i'v been denied admission by the University of Ibadan. I applied via direct entry, i'm a diploma holder in computer science(distinction). I was so confident about my result that i didnt obtain this year direct entry form from jamb. I gave people my result to help me get admitted but i guess they did not work on it.
I dont know what to do,i'm beggining to loose interest in education,cuz almost 2 years will be wasted if im too wait till next year and apply again and my parent cannot my afford private university.
I'v a programming skill,i developed sqrim.com : a social community and a pay as u go streaming platform for premium audios and free streaming for basic audios(currently in beta vs). I'll be 21 this year.
Pls advice.

You are great guy, I didn’t know about programming when I was your age. Develop you IT skills more and try UTME again. Wrote it four times and got multiple admissions in the last one I wrote

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by GLOBALINF: 8:43am On Mar 18, 2018
The next is to seek admissions outside Nigeria wher u get the best value for education
Ask me how; Whatsapp 080- 64- 93 -43 -53
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by dejavuh0007(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2018
so u applied for direct entry with an ordinary diploma? well in case u don't know, not many schools accept diploma for direct entry again. Not especially a school like UI. it's either u apply via ur NCE or HND. So brother I advice u get a UTME form against next year admission and not a DE form.
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by otswag(m): 9:00am On Mar 18, 2018
Lick your wounds, get up and try again. Failure only comes when you stop trying. Do not exclude UTME. Also, use the time you have to continue developing your IT skills. That might just be your ticket to a stable income.

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by daddycee91(m): 9:01am On Mar 18, 2018
MichaelSokoto:
Sniper 101, super pack!

Are you alright? Look at your kinda advice..Its all fun till someone close to you commits suicide.

2 Likes

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by idu1(m): 9:17am On Mar 18, 2018
bammyww:
Pls advice.

Apply next year little bro. You have done very well for yourself by gaining those skills. I ll still suggest you enhance your skills or learn new ones as it ll be an added advantage for your in future when you become degree holder.

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by afamaustin(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2018
Shinelle:

I don't think it's fair to shut someone down on the grounds of sentence construction. Your post isn't error free too and you're probably a graduate. So it is right to say you should have been denied yours then?

@OP, I advise you apply your skills to keep you busy for now, then reapply to other schools in the next direct entry or jamb application. There really isn't much you can do about this lost one.
he just gave the guy a good advise l don't knw y u ar claiming l too knw

2 Likes

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Mariopgomery(m): 10:17am On Mar 18, 2018
bammyww:
Pls advice.

Try out for uniben next time. Uniben admits alot of students unlike ui.

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by SAMBARRY: 10:17am On Mar 18, 2018
idealsico:
see talk for mouth.egboro buruku lenu eye.after you will say children of this generation are delinquent,there's cultism and violence everywhere.

If a child IS not admitted into school because you think he's not good in academics,is he bad in other areas? It's people like you that provoke these kids to do extraordinary things that will make them successful without going to school pelu enu buruku yin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by NigPatriot(m): 10:27am On Mar 18, 2018
Luukasz:
You have a programming skill and yet youre thinking about school if I had this programming skill some 13yrs ago I wouldn't have gone to school... i would have become an internet entrepreneur.
Bruhv school is overrated and a waste of time, you might not believe it but when you finally get there you wont doubt that belief.. take charge of your life now

inasmuch as you might have the right intentions in proffering your candid advice to the young man, the highlighted is very wrong! Schooling is never a waste of time. its true that ones skills makes a way for him, yet a society that cultivates the mindset that schooling is a waste of time will only produce incompetence. Amidst what schooling does for you is to provide you with good interpersonal skills, helps build your involvement in group activities (synergy), helps teach you patience (staying 5 years studying a course), the list is endless. Schooling is not a waste of time!

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by corperscorner: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2018
bammyww:
Pls advice.

Quote me back and drop your email. I just spoke to my manager about your platform. You apparently dont see the huge potential.

Let me have your mail and lets kick things off from there.

Between, ignore the negative comments, most of the people here can only spew much hatred with their 15mb data.

Be in touch....for your own good. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Mires: 10:56am On Mar 18, 2018
Your claim is pathetic. However, I can authoritatively assure you that the fault is not attributed to Ui. It is one of the institutions in Nigeria that you don't need to know anybody to be given admission at any level; undergraduate or postgraduate. The fact that you claim to have obtained Distinction at ND level is not sufficient to be given admission at Ui. I wish you have also informed the general public your O Level grade and the Polytechnic you obtained Distinction.
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Teeboi56: 10:57am On Mar 18, 2018
Shey na by force ni can't u find another thing to do anyway sha by d time u clock 30years u we no wat to do
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 18, 2018
bammyww:
Pls advice.
If you had good grades but didn't get admission, that means you probably caused it. Let me tell you how.

1. Do you have have a JAMB number against the admission you gained on your ND, NCE, IJMB or whatever program you did?. If no, did you do JAMB regularisation? Waited for the JAMB number or applied under "other diploma"?.

2. Did you upload your scanned school certificate and OL result while registering or you applied under "awaiting result"?.

Answer my questions and we shall discuss further.
Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Luukasz(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2018
NigPatriot:

inasmuch as you might have the right intentions in proffering your candid advice to the young man, the highlighted is very wrong! Schooling is never a waste of time. its true that ones skills makes a way for him, yet a society that cultivates the mindset that schooling is a waste of time will only produce incompetence. Amidst what schooling does for you is to provide you with good interpersonal skills, helps build your involvement in group activities (synergy), helps teach you patience (staying 5 years studying a course), the list is endless. Schooling is not a waste of time!
Chap... youre talking to a 2.1 graduate and all what you listed above you can gain far much more outta school.. ask Seun, Bill Gate, Zuck et al.
School always has a way of limiting the potential of talented minds... the time wasted in school could be used in developing yourself into great minds.
Despite Nigeria producing a whole lotta graduates tell me why Nigeria is still struggling

3 Likes

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:38am On Mar 18, 2018
daddycee91:

Are you alright? Look at your kinda advice..Its all fun till someone close to you commits suicide.
Chai! wat am I goin to do to dis one now?
If I mould his big head near where dey use to drop juju food at d junction now, dey wee say ayam wicket!

ayayayayaaa!

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2018
Luukasz:
Chap... youre talking to a 2.1 graduate and all what you listed above you can gain far much more outta school.. ask Seun Bill Gate, Zuck et al.
School always has a way of limiting the potential of talented minds... the time wasted in school could be used in developing yourself into great minds.
Despite Nigeria producing a whole lotta graduates tell me why Nigeria is still struggling

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by rookiy(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2018
baba ..same issue with me ,applied via direct entry, unical denied me admission also ..just go for part time ,and use ur skills to mk some money ,life goes on bro ..I was down at first but Encouraged myself.

1 Like

Re: What's Next After Been Denied Admission? by Robynwelo1(f): 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2018
You are a very brilliant person. Unibadan is a very competitive school. Here's my advice. Start making money with this little knowledge you have but keep expanding your knowledge. Apply in a state university, it's easier to go into. Goodluck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Waec 2015/2016 Economic Answer Objective / N.d.u 2nd Choice Admission List Is Out! / 2011 Utme Admission Status: How To Check Your 2011 Utme Admission Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.