Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa (2095 Views)

Who Do Yoruba People Have More In Common With Hausa Or Igbo? / Photos Of Yoruba Candomble Worshippers In Brazil. / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by ariesbull: 4:44am On Mar 18, 2018
I am beginning to look at things critically, when they say that Yoruba are looking at the North as the master I don't believe it but when they start over defending the north in something that should be condemned then the better South has no option to call them northern slaves

Look at ooni picture...the arewa insignia or logo is proudly displayed in the cushion or the footstool. I wonder why don't they have oduduwa insignia there but arewa...it is either they are perpetual allies or something ..

But one thing I love about the Yoruba are the accommodating nature...they have the ability to make you happy and feel good....I love them as my people and we are happy to

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by nero2face: 5:09am On Mar 18, 2018
We call them the ass leakers...
Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 18, 2018
YORUBAS ARE WONDERFUL ..
Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2018
ariesbull:
I am beginning to look at things critically, when they say that Yoruba are looking at the North as the master I don't believe it but when they start over defending the north in something that should be condemned then the better South has no option to call them northern slaves

But, I still don't believe it, I call that mischievous statement by Nairaland folks to deride the Yoruba...but as it stands now in every rumor there is some iota of truth and I studied this picture and came to conclusions that it might be true

Look at ooni picture...the arewa insignia or logo is proudly displayed in the cushion or the footstool. I wonder why don't they have oduduwa insignia there but arewa...it is either they are perpetual allies or something

But one thing I love about the Yoruba are the accommodating nature...they have the ability to make you happy and feel good....I love them as my people and we are happy to

Goat.

The Solomon’s knot is not Arewa’s ‘logo’. It has foreign origins and it has assumed a sort of global status in arts & design.

Ife has two lines of aborigines. They are the Oduduwa group & Obatala group. From time immemorial in the ancient past, these groups had their separate markers and identifiers.

For the Oduduwa group - it is that knot pn the foot stool.

For the Obatala group - it is a flower-like pattern with petals.

These are inscribed on their crowns/coronets, temples, pendants & body marks for identification & allegiance.

Speaking on its use in Nigeria, that logo was originally Nothern Christian Association’s logo, it was a central part of the Christians’ insignia until the ‘One North’ political philosophy took footing & ‘Arewa’ hijacked it.

——

Una nor go read, na so so spare parts & gala sales then cone on NL to make uneducated statements.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by BabaRamota1980: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2018
Y0ruba:

Goat.

The Solomon’s knot is not Arewa’s ‘logo’. It has foreign origins and it has assumed a sort of global status in arts & design.

Ife has two lines of aborigines. They are the Oduduwa group & Obatala group. From time immemorial in the ancient past, these groups had their separate markers and identifiers.

These are inscribed on their crowns/coronets, temples, pendants & body marks for identification & allegiance.

Speaking on its use in Nigeria, that logo was originally Nothern Christian Association’s logo, it was a central part of the Christians’ insignia until the ‘One North’ political philosophy took footing & ‘Arewa’ hijacked it.

——

Una nor go read, na so so spare parts & gala sales then cone on NL to make uneducated statements.

Good representation. Thank you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by scholes0(m): 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2018
Y0ruba:

Goat.

——

Hahahhahaha

Lawd have mercy.

I was just about to reply this thread, then I saw your befitting reply.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by nisai: 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2018
Y0ruba:

Goat.

——

Ajanaku kii y'ara omo ti eya ba bi eya na loma Jo. kare omo oko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Good representation. Thank you!

Yes boss!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2018
scholes0:

Hahahhahaha

Lawd have mercy.

I was just about to reply this thread, then I saw your befitting reply.

LOL, egbon mi, eran ni awon people yen.

Na to dey wait make them put their stupidity on display and we further escalate it for them for the whole internet to see.

We will take their own threads intended to spite us and put their ignorance in full glare of the public. This will force the to stop posting nonsense about the Yoruba because well researched post is out of the question for them, they don’t read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
nisai:
Ajanaku kii y'ara omo ti eya ba bi eya na loma Jo. kare omo oko.

Egbon mi, eyin naa la ntele. Esin waju ni teyin wo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by FisifunKododada: 2:06am On Mar 19, 2018
Y0ruba:

LOL, egbon mi, eran ni awon people yen.

Na to dey wait make them put their stupidity on display and we further escalate it for them for the whole internet to see.

We will take their own threads intended to spite us and put their ignorance in full glare of the public. This will force the to stop posting nonsense about the Yoruba because well researched post is out of the question for them, they don’t read.

He is lucky I did not see this thread before you did. I will not be half as nice.

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by FisifunKododada: 2:10am On Mar 19, 2018
Y0ruba:

Goat.

——

You must be a professor - because you just lectured that goat of an op. When we tell them to get an education they will instead be going around singing Biafla holy ghost...Biafla holy ghost...

1 Like

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by Jesuferanmi1993: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2018
Proudly Yoruba
Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by macof(m): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Y0ruba:

Goat.

——

I never knew of lineage insignia in Ife. Can you tell me more about this
Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by macof(m): 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2018
FisifunKododada:

He is lucky I did not see this thread before you did. I will not be half as nice.

i Love that meme grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by FisifunKododada: 12:36am On Mar 28, 2018
macof:
i Love that meme grin

Its a classic! grin
Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by JikanBaura(m): 2:15am On Mar 30, 2018
Yoruba are Hausa best friend ... We share culture, families, Islamic religion, we share political ideas with Yoruba , before and after Islamic caliphate to today's democratic government.
Re: The Relationship Of Yoruba With Hausa by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 31, 2018
Y0ruba:

Goat.

——

Everything you posted there is 100% correct. The poster is extremely ignorant.

But the bolded, do you care to elaborate?

(1) (Reply)

Itan Ile Yoruba / What Do You Call These Words In Your Native Language? / Remembering Daniel Olorunfemi Fagunwa (D. O Fagunwa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.