Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. (11222 Views)

Prayer Points For Victory In The Month Of August. / The Meaning Of Chukwu Abiama / Meaning Of Ash Wednesday And Why Anglicans Celebrate It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. by philmimi1992(m): 7:13am On Mar 18, 2018
Of course, we welcome others at some point, just like we are welcomed by other people too. We all desire to be welcomed and accepted with respect wherever we leave our comfort zone to. There’s a belief that the way we welcome guests determines the kind of personality we possess.
Guests are welcomed in different ways, while some are treated with honor and respect, some others are treated the other way round. Have you ever wondered what the true meaning of August Visitor is? And how it ever came to existence? Or you’re like me that had always referred to unexpected guests as August visitors(either they are really welcomed or not) ? Or you’re one of those people that think it means visitors received at the month of August? Hahaha…if that’s the case, then I wonder why guests received at the other months couldn’t be referred to as “January, February Visitors ” and so on.
THE MEANING
August visitor means distinguished, highly regarded and respected visitors. You’ll agree with me that some visitors actually don’t fall under this category,we experience different things and come across different kind of people as well.
THE ORIGIN
The month, August was named for Augustus Caesar who was an important and regal person. In Europe, August is the peak of the summer season and is referred to as the most comfortable month of hospitality for them.
Okay, so my work here is done. I just wanted to share the simple meaning and origin of the term. I’m certain some are aware of the true meaning for a while now and I’m also some are just getting aware!
P.S: I still believe August visitors are unexpected (lol). Yeah. Unexpected in a good way though!
Re: The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. by Shedrack777: 7:30am On Mar 18, 2018
i just read
Re: The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. by DynasTee: 7:35am On Mar 18, 2018
ok
Re: The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. by Agadsman(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2018
I have always thought August visitors are visitors that visit once in a blue moon. As in, a rare visitor that visits after a very long while.
Re: The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. by sbm060(m): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2018
August visitors are d ones u see and open your mouth that 'akin rewu losan'
Re: The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. by orisa37: 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2018
May THS visit us all in TMN of JTB.
Re: The Origin And Meaning Of “august Visitor”. by bizmogl: 9:33pm On Aug 21, 2020
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For / Warnings From Jesus Christ To Churches in Nigeria - Linda Ngaujah / 3 Lessons To Learn From The Parable Of Wheat And Tares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.