Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

The Praying Winniebell. New Story. Her Mother's Reply To Her Worries Is Epic! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Praying Winniebell. New Story. Her Mother's Reply To Her Worries Is Epic! (334 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass / Chimamanda Adichie Mourns Her Mother's Death (Pictures) / New Story: TOCHI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Praying Winniebell. New Story. Her Mother's Reply To Her Worries Is Epic! by EgbechoFaith2: 10:55am On Mar 18, 2018
Sad.
So sad.
So sad and angry.
So sad and angry and bitter and disappointed.
Winniebell threw her little Bible.

“Winnie. Are you mad? That’s your Bible.”

“No Chime I’m not mad. The Bible is mad”
“What? God please forgive her. Angels come take over. Stop it. That’s blasphemy! Trust God no matter what. Are you trying to curse God because you came second? Why don’t you ask yourself who gave you the grace to come second.”

“I’m so sorry Chime.”
Chime handed her the bible.
“I’m so sorry bible.” Winnibell cried and continued her journey home with Chime her friend.

The community Anglican church was built in a vast terrain surrounded by a large green field. Winnibell loved running from the church door, through the field and down the road but she wouldn’t do anything that day.

She kept kicking the dwarf grasses and weeping silently. She watched Chime who walked before her smile as she touched some of the grasses.
‘Chime didn’t do the competition neither did she fail nor pass. She wouldn’t know how it feels. My mother will break my bones she doesn’t like second. No other position but first.’
She wept.

It was over unfortunate that two questions rendered her a loser during the church districts quiz.
Winnie stiffened and grumped.

She didn’t want to make it home yet her legs walked fast on the road leading home. Her mother, a young woman left with two girls to carter for displayed bitterness everyday. It was very difficult for her to catch any money to care for basic needs and when they fail, just even one.
Their buttocks, legs, hands, everywhere was dead. They feared her so they tried.

But that day…..

‘I am 14 and I am walking home to get beaten. So help me God.’
‘I prayed again. I always did but why didn’t He answer this time? I came second. Your daughter came second God and you are there?’

Chime hugged her and said goodbye.

Her home was the next garden.
More tears began to gather.

Her older sister was weeding grasses beside the old building. She noticed the sadness on her sister’s face. She knew what that meant.

Winnibell walked slowly into the room. When she looked back shortly, she saw her sister walking behind. Their mother mostly shared the aggression between them.
They will get beaten. Oh! That her koboko that they could faint for. They seemed never to outgrow it.

‘Mama I’m home!’ That came out cold.

“Heeeeh! Winnie my child.”
The weak and skinny woman stood from her knitting spot and embraced her daughter.

Winnibell sniffed.

“But mama. I only got five heavy plates as gifts. I came second”
She tightened. She was expecting her mother to push her away and throw a tantrum but she,

“Plates? Heavy plates? Let me see..”

The two girls were shocked at their mother’s excitement.

She carefully placed the bag on the table and unveiled the gift gently. She starred deeply at the five breakable dishes. Three flat. Two deep.

Winnibell exchanged shock with her sister.

“Mama. I’m sorry. The first position got a DVD and..and..sorry..”
Winnie was about to kneel as usual but her mother took her to herself.

She embraced her with all motherly warmth. She even signalled her first daughter to come and join them.

She held unto her beautiful daughters and wept.
She wept for many seconds before she spoke,...

continue:
http://egbechofaith.com/the-praying-winnibellwhat-do-you-do-when-your-mother-has-a-koboko-in-her-hand/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pro Tips To Opening An Acceptable Upwork Profile. / Whether Rich Or Poor / Father Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.