Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Can God Hear My Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Hear My Prayers? (1292 Views)

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
People ask themselves this question all the time.

The real question is; is there any thought in your head that is hidden from God?

Why then, would you convince yourself, that it's hidden from God, when that thought happens to be a prayer? undecided

Food for thought ...
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
What is even the point of praying. Isnt God so awesome he knows exactly what you are thinking and want ? grin

I usually dont pray because God might tell me arghh dude I know all that am working on it !

1 Like

Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
TayserMahiri:
What is even the point of praying. Isnt God so awesome he knows exactly what you are thinking and want ? grin

I usually dont pray because God might tell me arghh dude I know all that am working on it !
grin
You are on point.

Prayer is necessitated by the fact that we have opposition . Three are powers of this world continually petitioning God against you. Just as in the case of Job ...
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 19, 2018
Muafrika2:

grin
You are on point.

Prayer is necessitated by the fact that we have opposition . Three are powers of this world continually petitioning God against you. Just as in the case of Job ...

No sis. There are no powers actively petitioning God. Thats only a belief. However, if you believe in such then you see everything in that sense. Even when you pray for the stain in your dress to go away and it doesnt after washing, you will see it as powers working against you. The truth is that prayer does not do ANYTHING. NOTHING. A prayer is as useless as nipples in men. Its only function is to be reassuring and give hope. Not bad, but I wish christians could understand that and stop asking foolish questions. No one listens to prayers. And we can test that. Thats why most people find themselves asking the question of your topic. An then they have to do with a response as bogus as you gave in the original post grin Your answer was just some meaningless point. Anyone who wanted a response to that question was left like whaaa? Hio nayo ni kusema nn?

1 Like

Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
TayserMahiri:

No sis. There are no powers actively petitioning God. Thats only a belief. However, if you believe in such then you see everything in that sense. Even when you pray for the stain in your dress to go away and it doesnt after washing, you will see it as powers working against you. The truth is that prayer does not do ANYTHING. NOTHING. A prayer is as useless as nipples in men. Its only function is to be reassuring and give hope. Not bad, but I wish christians could understand that and stop asking foolish questions. No one listens to prayers. And we can test that. Thats why most people find themselves asking the question of your topic. An then they have to do with a response as bogus as you gave in the original post grin Your answer was just some meaningless point. Anyone who wanted a response to that question was left like whaaa? Hio nayo ni kusema nn?
I don't think you believe what you wrote.

I don't believe in atheism. Its just a idealism that most atheists have decided to propagate for whatever reason. The need to hate God maybe.

Sure, some people are yet to encounter God and they are searching, but atheism? No.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
Muafrika2:

I don't think you believe what you wrote.

I don't believe in atheism. Its just a idealism that most atheists have decided to propagate for whatever reason. The need to hate God maybe.

Sure, some people are yet to encounter God and they are searching, but atheism? No.

Why dont you believe what I wrote? cus im not too militant? If so, Its just that I appreciate that many people need gods in their lives as has been the case for millenia. Not that I believe an iota of religion, except maybe love and a few other shyt, which I dont need religion to have anyway. For me it comes from a deeper sense than any god would demand. And I dont think anything surpasses that, even God, if he existed, would be awed by such a deep sense of good that comes from within, and not from some fake promise of heaven or punishment in hell.
You cant believe in atheism because you are a christian. In some sense its the same way an atheist does not understand how christians cant smell the bulsht in their religion. There is that cognitive dissonance.
A christian believes the existence of God is unquestionable/obvious while an atheist thinks thats nonsense, if the premise for it is just faith/belief. Like, a christian says there is God, then an atheist asks him, how do you know that? Then the christian says I believe it. Very bad !

Atheists dont hate God/ gods (at least thats the case for me). However, when God is used to propagate nonsense, like to attack science or to drive bigotry, then I usually (and most atheists do) get merciless on God and his fans! An example is Bishop Boniface Adoyo who led a futile campaign to have fossils not displayed at the national museum because evolution does not support God. Really, God in such a case has to be shown to be what he is, a creature fearful of being busted.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2006/sep/10/theobserver.kenya
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
TayserMahiri

Not militant? That's exactly what you exude. And why am convinced your atheism is driven by hate.

I don't really engage with the God is there/not there debates coz I think it's a waste of time.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
Muafrika2:
TayserMahiri

Not militant? That's exactly what you exude. And why am convinced your atheism is driven by hate.

I don't really engage with the God is there/not there debates coz I think it's a waste of time.

Well I had to be a little militant just in case you were doubting me grin

What hate are you talking about?
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
Muafrika2:
People ask themselves this question all the time.

The real question is; is there any thought in your head that is hidden from God?

Why then, would you convince yourself, that it's hidden from God, when that thought happens to be a prayer? undecided

Food for thought ...

God still hears and answers prayer... When you think and speak according to His good will in Christ. He will answer.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

God still hears and answers prayer... When you think and speak according to His good will in Christ. He will answer.

God then doesnt hear and answer prayers from anyone who is not in christ according to your narrow view. All the traditionalists, hindus, Budhists etc have no one to answer their prayers.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
TayserMahiri:

God then doesnt hear and answer prayers from anyone who is not in christ according to your narrow view. All the traditionalists, hindus, Budhists etc have no one to answer their prayers.

The prayer of a sinner is a "taboo" to the LORD.

Demonic spirits are there to answer now. "If there is no light, there must be darkness."
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

The prayer of a sinner is a "taboo" to the LORD.

Demonic spirits are there to answer now. "If there is no light, there must be darkness."

Any examples of those non-sinners whose prayers impress God? Are you one of them?
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by OtemAtum: 9:42am On Mar 21, 2018
Doctufos: Homo Sapiens III 15: 12-17

12. Sacrifices are useless and prayers are for
the weak. But he who wants to be great will use
his head to think deep, be his own god and do
good to his fellow human beings.

13. Let everyone know that demons are not
universally real, but they are created by the
minds of the fearful ones and they are tormented
alone by them.
14. Therefore let no one make you fear such that
you unconsciously create a demon of them in
your mind.
15. And you see that which you have created
appearing to you in your dreams daily, then you
say, this demon is my tormentor.
16. Meditate when solution seems not to be at
hand and refrain from the worship of the gods.
17. For no god answers prayers except by
coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Any examples of those non-sinners whose prayers impress God? Are you one of them?

Those who have receive the gift of righteousness through faith have gone from being sinners to being the righteousness of The Living God.

For we in Christ our prayer is a delight to God.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2018
OtemAtum:
True Christians don't worship gods. Only one, through his son. That's why we say prayers in the name of Jesus.

The gods are actually what we call the demons. You write about many of them in your stories ...
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by OtemAtum: 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2018
Muafrika2:

True Christians don't worship gods. Only one, through his son. That's why we say prayers in the name of Jesus.

The gods are actually what we call the demons. You write about many of them in your stories ...

The gods are not demons. Demons don't exist except in your heads and imaginations. For example, Yahweh, one of the gods and Allah, one of the gods are not demons. They are just mere creations of God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
OtemAtum:

The gods are not demons. Demons don't exist except in your heads and imaginations. For example, Yahweh, one of the gods and Allah, one of the gods are not demons. They are just mere creations of God Almighty.
Well, I'll put it this way ...

One man's gods is another man's demons.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Martinez19(m): 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
TayserMahiri:

I went to heaven and met Jesus. Jesus was sleeping and I tapped him saying "Sir, people are dying." grin and he turned to me, still drowsy "what? People are dying?," then he relapsed back to sleep and muttered "tell them I work in mysterious ways." Never depend on the man in the sky.

1 Like

Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 22, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Those who have receive the gift of righteousness through faith have gone from being sinners to being the righteousness of The Living God.

For we in Christ our prayer is a delight to God.

lol, classic 'garbage in garbage out'. You said nothing
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 22, 2018
Muafrika2:

The point is, God is one of the gods. Changing the g to uppercase G is like changing d to capital D in dog and believing its not one of the dogs
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2018
TayserMahiri:

lol, classic 'garbage in garbage out'. You said nothing
I did not expect you to understand spiritual realities and truth. sorry!
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

@Tayser

What he said, ^^
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

What reality and what truth?
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
Muafrika2:

@Tayser

What he said, ^^

Meaning?
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Meaning?
You're just a troll trying hard to convince us you are an atheist. If you feel the need to insult Christians and show obvious contempt toward God, you don't have to engage in a pretend discussion. Just open a thread and knock yourself out. Se.un won't mind.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 23, 2018
Muafrika2:

You're just a troll trying hard to convince us you are an atheist. If you feel the need to insult Christians and show obvious contempt toward God, you don't have to engage in a pretend discussion. Just open a thread and knock yourself out. Se.un won't mind.

lol, ok.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:32am On Mar 23, 2018
TayserMahiri:

What reality and what truth?
The truth about your need, my need our need for The Fountain of Life.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by shadeyinka(m): 10:11am On Mar 25, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Why dont you believe what I wrote? cus im not too militant? If so, Its just that I appreciate that many people need gods in their lives as has been the case for millenia. Not that I believe an iota of religion, except maybe love and a few other shyt, which I dont need religion to have anyway. For me it comes from a deeper sense than any god would demand. And I dont think anything surpasses that, even God, if he existed, would be awed by such a deep sense of good that comes from within, and not from some fake promise of heaven or punishment in hell.
You cant believe in atheism because you are a christian. In some sense its the same way an atheist does not understand how christians cant smell the bulsht in their religion. There is that cognitive dissonance.
A christian believes the existence of God is unquestionable/obvious while an atheist thinks thats nonsense, if the premise for it is just faith/belief. Like, a christian says there is God, then an atheist asks him, how do you know that? Then the christian says I believe it. Very bad !

Atheists dont hate God/ gods (at least thats the case for me). However, when God is used to propagate nonsense, like to attack science or to drive bigotry, then I usually (and most atheists do) get merciless on God and his fans! An example is Bishop Boniface Adoyo who led a futile campaign to have fossils not displayed at the national museum because evolution does not support God. Really, God in such a case has to be shown to be what he is, a creature fearful of being busted.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2006/sep/10/theobserver.kenya

1. Many Christians don't just "claim a believe" in God but they have personal subjective experiences to back it up.
2. Christians know that God isn't Physical in nature, that is why no one can bring Him into a laboratory to scrutinize Him
3. Prayers isn't just for Asking. Prayers is for Praise, Adoration, Confession, Thanksgivings etc
4. No Christian can force the hands of God either in prayers or from some other activity.

If we are to force scientific reasoning to the question of the existence of God, we would arrive that God does intact exist. The question then would be WHO is this God!

1. Our Universe has a beginning
2. The scientific Laws of nature originated after this Origin
3. Laws cannot create them self
4. Laws are useless without coordination of the laws into systems
5. If the Universe had a beginning, what initiated it?
6. The evidence of design is too great to be ignored. For life would be impossible without it
7. Instinct in animals show that they have been preprogrammed.
8 A program code can never write/assemble itself by chance. It takes intelligence to assemble a program code.
9. Whoever/Whatever initiated the Universe must not be subject to the laws he created.

If the answer can be proved as Yes to this 9 question, then God does exist.

The proper question should be Who is this God who created everything.

Atheism is first a personal choice just as Theism is a personal choice.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
shadeyinka:

1. Many Christians don't just "claim a believe" in God but they have personal subjective experiences to back it up.
2. Christians know that God isn't Physical in nature, that is why no one can bring Him into a laboratory to scrutinize Him
3. Prayers isn't just for Asking. Prayers is for Praise, Adoration, Confession, Thanksgivings etc
4. No Christian can force the hands of God either in prayers or from some other activity.

If we are to force scientific reasoning to the question of the existence of God, we would arrive that God does intact exist. The question then would be WHO is this God!

1. Our Universe has a beginning
2. The scientific Laws of nature originated after this Origin
3. Laws cannot create them self
4. Laws are useless without coordination of the laws into systems
5. If the Universe had a beginning, what initiated it?
6. The evidence of design is too great to be ignored. For life would be impossible without it
7. Instinct in animals show that they have been preprogrammed.
8 A program code can never write/assemble itself by chance. It takes intelligence to assemble a program code.
9. Whoever/Whatever initiated the Universe must not be subject to the laws he created.

If the answer can be proved as Yes to this 9 question, then God does exist.

The proper question should be Who is this God who created everything.

Atheism is first a personal choice just as Theism is a personal choice.

1. Same as everyone from other religions. They have those experiences to back it up, nothing special about yours.
2. Of course and thats the perfect excuse, though not very smart. The problem with this invisible (not physical) God is that he is claimed to do physical interventions, like answering prayers. These ones can be tested, not with frivolties but with tangible unambigous ones, like restoring an amputated leg. Conveniently though, God only answers the untestable/ ambigous ones like getting over a cold or finding a job or surviving an accident!
3. No problem. Its a free world.
4. Another one that makes it absolutely easy to never test the efficacy of prayer. When you pray for rain and it rains, God answered, if it doesnt rain, God cannot be forced to answer. You win either way with this sure bet.

Your 9 point plan works to some extent until we add a few more you left out like

10. This 'person' is God.
11. Who created him? What triggered him into existence? Isnt he more complex than your 9 point plan? Then he as well had a creator. (Your main argument is that any complex system must have a starter).
12. If he triggered himself, or if he always existed, or whatever, then we are also free to say the same for the universe, not to mention every god can fill that gap without being necessarily yours.

Point number 6 is very weak. Argument from design only appeals if you have a narrow mindset. Things might seem perfect for you but there is extreme imperfection in the systems of the world and universe. For example, our internal wiring is complete nonsense; a hangover from our fishy ancestors. The same with choking, every time you hear a friend/ enemy/ neigbor choking with food to death, remember it is a result of extremely bad design driven by a very haphazard process known as evolution.
Re: Can God Hear My Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Feb 21
■ People ask themselves this question all the time. The real question is; is there any thought in your head that is hidden from God? Why then, would you convince yourself, that it's hidden from God, when that thought happens to be a prayer? Food for thought ...
If you are referring to the God of Israel, then you should know what He said from all you think. Your asking does not reveal your need or want to Him as you said since he knows your thoughts. It is your obedience that He requires of you. That is the one and only mandate He gave to His people, Israel, and that is the same mandate is required even in Jesus Christ of those who are Lost of Israel . undecided

(1) (Reply)

When You Are Saying Satan I Rebuke you in Jesus name, the consequences. / Why Is It That Cars Belonging To Members Of Lord Chosen Church Always Spoil? / Allah Crucified Jesus In Quran 19:33, 3:55

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.