Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' (987 Views)

Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card / Walkie Talkie, Intercom And Handset Wireless Intercom / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by pweshboi(m): 7:26am On Mar 19, 2018
A Nigerian scientist, Engr. Michael Friday, has come up with an invention aimed at relieving subscribers of telecommunications services of the need to buy recharge cards.
Michael, who met the Director General, National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP), Engr. Danazumi Ibrahim, in Abuja, expressed readiness to patent his invention tagged, ‘Mobile Intercom.’

He explained that the quest to free the country from over-dependence on expensive imported telecom services informed the idea.

He said: “The source of Internet we depend on is in foreign hands. Even our telecommunications companies depend on them. If you want to manufacture a mobile phone, until you buy the operating system chips and insert it on your system, it can never access any of these technologies.

WIFI and Bluetooth are minute ICs embedded in the PCV that makes them work.

“Why don’t we have such a thing here? It is because there is no backing. Late last year, I came up with an application. I was at a function and the moment a bigwig came in, all mobile phones stopped working. And I said to myself, ‘If there is any security issue here, now, everybody is doomed.’

He added: “So, I coded an application that I can use to make calls, send SMS, do video calls and all of that without mobile spectrum, without Internet or network. We have completed it and it is working. Our chip sets can transmit up to 5000 metres, that is about 5 kilometres.”

Friday is a global award winner for developing the smallest storage micro chips in 2009, at a science competition in China. He emerged the overall best scientist in 2009. He is also a two-time award winner of the most outstanding youth in Nigeria in 2009 and 2011.

Cc: lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by DarkMagic(m): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2018
We av smart pple in this country..no doubt
If the government can jes invest into this pple undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by pweshboi(m): 7:30am On Mar 19, 2018
DarkMagic:
The problem is the government cares less about it's people...
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by DarkMagic(m): 7:32am On Mar 19, 2018
pweshboi:

The problem is the government cares less about it's people...
Yh...it is disheartening...
I mean..wat is the government without the pple? undecided
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 19, 2018
kudos
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by Angelparadise: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2018
imagine a confused analog ancient President will be busy looking for soon to be abandoned oil with billions , paying billions to terrorists in that foolish name of scoring political useless points or using billions to create cattle colonies for cow infested brains like him . In many wise Nigerians opinions 'God forbid he wins again'

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by austinereds(m): 7:51am On Mar 19, 2018
that's a nice discovery. I just hope private investors looks into it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by nwoke37: 7:56am On Mar 19, 2018
I hope he gets investors. I also hope he'll manufacture those chips in Nigeria..

Nigeria needs an industrial revolution
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by Crankshaft: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2018
Now when person don come up with better idea, them no go move am to FP.

If na artificial b grin grin bs, them rush am to FP

The guy may need to change his name to "mobile intercom goddess"

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by Justdare: 8:08am On Mar 19, 2018
Hnmmmmm
A device that can transmit across 5000 meters.
The transmitting power would be way too high and unsafe.
No be me go put am near my head.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by hitchowoyemi(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2018
Bros, I believe the guy is talking about the transmission range sir
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 19, 2018
Kudos to the young man. These are the brains we need as ministers and commissioners of science and technology,not some dumb fat fool who only produces pencils
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by Millz404(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
DarkMagic:

Everytime Government Government..... How many people in Silicon Valley waited for the government to invest in them
Re: Nigerian Scientist Invents ‘mobile Intercom' by IdeyFindWife: 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Justdare:
Hnmmmmm
A device that can transmit across 5000 meters.
The transmitting power would be way too high and unsafe.
No be me go put am near my head.
That's where more hands have to get on deck to ensure the best and brightest of us don't just leave their finest concepts at the crudest level, but does our structure support being that "supportive" of innovation?

(1) (Reply)

Newly Arrived USA Used Iphone 6 (64gb, Unlocked) Available At 60k / Any Good Android Phone For 10k? / Airtel Now Steals Airtime from Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.