Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs (45826 Views)

Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image / Infinix Zero Ultra Pops Up With 200 MP Camera, 180W Fast Charging / Umar Usman Dagona Invents A Phone That Operates Without A Sim Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Gizmomachine: 8:34am On Jul 01, 2018
A German student by the name Philip Frenzel has developed a new phone casing which he called “Active Damping Case” (Adcase) for short that help to prevent your phone from damage. His new invention consists of an eight legged spider looking horns that spring out when you drop your phone. The young engineer at Aalen University in Germany has already won a top award from the German Society for Mechatronics for his idea.

The design, though still a prototype shows eight thin metal curls that normally lie flat inside the case. This metal curls pop out and curl up in opposite directions, protecting the edges of the phone from impact. This will help protect your phone screen from damage when it hits the floor, or any concrete surface. This spider looking legs can easily be folded back into their holsters when you pick up the phone.

See video here: https://www.gizmolad.com/2018/07/german-student-invents-phone-casing-with-pops-out-legs/

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Harryfrosh: 8:45am On Jul 01, 2018
Impressive.... Really impressive.... I hope other phone case manufacturers emulate dis.... But trust me...the price will skyrocket.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Adeoludt(m): 9:29am On Jul 01, 2018
Cool ..
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Gizmomachine: 9:32am On Jul 01, 2018
True talk but trust China, it will be followed by a cheaper Chinese version after the official launch.
Harryfrosh:
Impressive.... Really impressive.... I hope other phone case manufacturers emulate dis.... But trust me...the price will skyrocket.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by IeatPussy: 9:58am On Jul 01, 2018
This will help protect your phone screen from damage when it hits the floor, or any concrete surface.

Interesting, but i don't understand how the thing will secure my phone. They mean when the phone hit the ground before the leg will pop out. It's already useless since the phone has touch ground . tongue

27 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Advans(m): 10:17am On Jul 01, 2018
IeatPussy:

Interesting, but i don't understand how the thing will secure my phone. They mean when the phone hit the ground before the leg will pop out. It's already useless since the phone has touch ground . tongue

No, once d sensor detects dt ur fone is under free fall, d metal curls will spring out b4 it hits d ground. it can also be called phone airbag

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Lerio(m): 12:53pm On Jul 01, 2018
Cool
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Auladimeji1: 12:59pm On Jul 01, 2018
Advans:

No, once d sensor detects dt ur fone is under free fall, d metal curls will spring out b4 it hits d ground. it can also be called phone airbag
This thing will cripple when it gets to Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by efembaba(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2018
What if d phone falls into water? Even if d phone falls on d kind of hard ground in my compound both d phone and the legs will scatter

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
If you’re in bed and your phone falls on your face

Ti e ta niyen grin

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Moveonmax: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
The inventor needs a peep into Nairaland before the final design. This is where All the criticism and pessimism starts and ends grin

92 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by NaijaTechnician(m): 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2018
Gizmomachine:
A German student by the name Philip Frenzel has developed a new phone casing which he called “Active Damping Case” (Adcase) for short that help to prevent your phone from damage. His new invention consists of an eight legged spider looking horns that spring out when you drop your phone. The young engineer at Aalen University in Germany has already won a top award from the German Society for Mechatronics for his idea.

The design, though still a prototype shows eight thin metal curls that normally lie flat inside the case. This metal curls pop out and curl up in opposite directions, protecting the edges of the phone from impact. This will help protect your phone screen from damage when it hits the floor, or any concrete surface. This spider looking legs can easily be folded back into their holsters when you pick up the phone.

See video here: https://www.gizmolad.com/2018/07/german-student-invents-phone-casing-with-pops-out-legs/

Never worry about data again. Check my signature for unlimited data. I do activate it on all networks. A friend of mine Jime an agent with the network introduced me to the process and the code.

Check my signature you'll never have problem of data again becuz its unlimited.
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by lemonys(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2018
This is amazing
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by zaixain: 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Oluwamuyeewa:

Ti e ta niyen grin

LOLS.. THIS ONE WEAK ME.

23 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2018
While we are still nursing Herdsmen here embarassed

1 Like

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by perdollar(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2018
sth we can mek in aba here
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by pafo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2018
IeatPussy:

How you go understand, when na pussy you busy dey chop!

But this invention dey somehow o and I don't trust it.

11 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by deafeyez: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Wetin com b our own for this country sef.
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by thaw(m): 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
Way to go
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2018
innovative

1 Like

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
Advans:

How did u know all these ?

4 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by virgill: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
[b[color=#<>][/color]]OMG noooooooo![/b]<why?> "Iphone" and "Apple/Job's Legacy" capture the whole world? How can it be possible?
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Cletus77(m): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
German machine
I like those people but detest their racial inclination

3 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by kapelvej: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
Depends on the kind of fall, if na regular fall, no problem, if na village people cause the fall, both the phone and the german student go scatter

11 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by DoyenExchange: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2018
He is a genius!
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by asawanathegreat(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
Naija own na to dey invent blood everyday.

3 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by donprayer900(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
Oluwamuyeewa:

Ti e ta niyen grin
Guy, face don scatter b dat. Those of u lying flat on ur bed with ur phone upward. Hmmm

1 Like

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by Rebuke: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
Advans:

I like yhur explainations.....good one bro.

2 Likes

Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
Thumbs up man
Re: German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs by hemsquare(m): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2018
Don't let the chinese see this yet !

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night / WhatsApp Down, People's Reactions Around The Globe(Photos). / TECNO Spark 4 Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.