Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work (425 Views)

These Ads On My Phone Are Making Me Sick And Tired / HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! / My Boss At Work Gave Me Iphone X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work by Kalapizim(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
We can all agree—smartphones are awesome. They connect the world in ways we never thought possible. But sometimes they take over your attention and it’s hard to snap back to reality. In the workplace, it’s increasingly hard and especially important to be mindful of how you use your smartphone.

Here are a few ways you might be missing the mark when it comes to smartphone use in the office:

1.You’re using Wizkid's “MANYA” as your ringtone.

Yes, this still happens. And your coworkers hate it. While you’re at it, just turn your ringer off. Leave your phone on silent in the office to avoid making the people around you listen to every text message you receive. And maybe this is just personal , but we can all hear your phone on vibrate buzzing and jumping around on your desk. Don’t just put your phone on vibrate. Mute.

2.You’re checking email during a business meeting.

Bringing your phone into a meeting seems harmless enough. You leave it on the table next to you, just in case someone texts or calls (because you’re that important). You end up checking your email or texting someone sitting across the table from you. Then a social media alerts pops up, “Nancy and Philip got engaged.” Before you know it, you have no idea what’s being said in the meeting. I challenge you to NOT bring your cell phone into meetings at all. You will glean a lot more from the material being presented. And unless you are an executive, responding to your emails can most likely wait.

3.You’re on the phone at networking events

It’s easy to clam up at networking events and shut the world out by keeping busy on your phone. The impression you are giving others is ‘I don’t have time for you,’ or ‘I have more important things to do. This is a missed opportunity.
You’re yelling into your phone.

Not only does your ringtone volume need to be turned down, but phone conversations, personal or work-related, need to be held at a courteous volume. You don’t have to scream.

4. You take personal calls in your cubicle.

It’s one thing to take a quick call from your spouse about your dinner reservation that night. It’s another to take a call during which you’re going to ramble, get emotional, or argue with someone—especially if you’re yelling about it (see previous point). If you must answer, find a private place, like a conference room or break room if it’s empty.

5. You have your phone on the table during a business meal

You are surrounded by people who want to have a conversation with you. Look up from your phone; the people sitting with you at your table should be your priority. Most likely, the entire reason they are taking you out to lunch is because they want to converse. This isn’t the time to check your texts, emails, or social media feeds. When relevant, it’s ok to pull out your phone to show a picture or a video, but then put it away again.

6. You don’t want to give that impression. Also, if your phone is sitting out on your desk and someone texts you, it’s tempting to pick it up to read it. Suddenly, you realize you have no idea what the person across from you is saying. When someone walks up to your desk, stash your phone in a drawer or your purse. Give the person your full attention.
You have your phone out when someone is at your desk.

7. Having your phone out is a sign that something is more important than the person in your office.

http://www.infinix.club/forum/196/263873
Re: Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work by sheypian(m): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
Thanks very informative.
Re: Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work by Sunkyphil(m): 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2018
So true,many are guilty of this
Re: Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work by directonpc(m): 1:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
Not for the market woman
Re: Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work by Kalapizim(m): 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2018
Sunkyphil:
So true,many are guilty of this
Even yours truely too grin grin
Re: Common Smart Phone Mistakes You Are Making At Work by Kalapizim(m): 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2018
directonpc:
Not for the market woman
hmmm i love your angle wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Wow!! Google Instant Play Now Allows You Play Games Without Downloading Them / Facebook Spies On Our Calls And Sms Data Heres How To Check Yours And Download / Become A Data Bundles Dealer And Start Making Good Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.