Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! (34977 Views)

Facebook (Lite Version) Is Down / Top 10 Gruesome Murders Committed Because Of Facebook (photos) / Planning To Buy Gionee A1 Lite, Please Advise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by CSNg: 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Warning to Facebook Lite Users.

I want to post this to spoil the bad market of Scammers and Yahoo Fraudsters who hijack people's Facebook accounts

The screenshots were personally made by me from my account and it was what I experienced this morning.

There seems to be a Háck or bug going on right now and i felt you all should know.

While using your Facebook Lite app, and suddenly you see a popup message that suddenly appears over the app and says "Update your app" You are using an unsupported version of Facebook Lite and a blue button that says "Upgrade Now"....PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON IT OR TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY FILE THAT COMES FROM IT.

It looks so real because you'll see it clearly written that it comes from "Meta" from Facebook but It is a malware (virus) and downloading or trying to update using that prompt means you will lose total access and control of your account.

I saw it and simply used my intuition to rather go directly to the Google Playstore to update the Lite App and after doing that, it was still showing and wouldn't let me make use of Facebook.

What should you do when it happens?

Simply uninstall the Facebook Lite application from your device for the moment and switch to the main Facebook app.

It seems it is only Facebook Lite that the malware is targeting for now.

Don't fall victim!

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by CSNg: 3:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
Although I was suspicious of the fact that it should be an attachment I opened this morning on my Gmail about someone who claimed he wanted to post ads on a group which I am the sole admin but on the other hand, a Facebook friend of mine also said she experienced the same this afternoon too.

Here is the chat between the both of us

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by CSNg: 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2022
Seun, Lalasticlala

Please help inform people. Alot are losing their Facebook accounts to these scammers.

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by meobizy(f): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2022
I have never heard of Facebook Lite in my life. I know of Facebook, Facebook Mobile, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Web. I had never heard of GBWhatsapp if not for being a member here. You Nairalanders with una poverty mentality always use the cheapest and buggiest of options. This is the only place in my life I know of people patronizing Freebasics. Tufia!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by PapaCj: 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Scammer everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Alphasoar(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Any advice for Facebook Zero people wink grin

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2022
Man shut up

All these niggas acting like they got the bag and you tryna stop it up grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by BigDawsNet: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
What is silly about Mark Zuckerberg buying Instagram for a billion dollars? He could’ve got it on the App Store absolutely free!

12 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by officialfysh(m): 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Clap for your self
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2022
Diz guyz no dey rest
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
Thanks

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2022
Facebook don cast.

2 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by mbahdi(m): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2022
Werey
Same appeared today and already followed the upgrade instructions.and nothing happened to my Facebook.

26 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by virginboy1(m): 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2022
Zero wahala for we wey no get any business with Facebook lite.

Abeg make those hackers no near my dear Nairaland ooo

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Krak(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
CSNg:

I want to post this to spoil the bad market of Scammers and Yahoo Fraudsters who hijack people's Facebook accounts

The screenshots were personally made by me from my account and it was what I experienced this morning.

There seems to be a Háck or bug going on right now and i felt you all should know.

While using your Facebook Lite app, and suddenly you see a popup message that suddenly appears over the app and says "Update your app" You are using an unsupported version of Facebook Lite and a blue button that says "Upgrade Now"....PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON IT OR TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY FILE THAT COMES FROM IT.

It looks so real because you'll see it clearly written that it comes from "Meta" from Facebook but It is a malware (virus) and downloading or trying to update using that prompt means you will lose total access and control of your account.

I saw it and simply used my intuition to rather go directly to the Google Playstore to update the Lite App and after doing that, it was still showing and wouldn't let me make use of Facebook.

Simply uninstall the Facebook Lite application from your device for the moment and switch to the main Facebook app.

Don't fall victim!

It happened to me too and after I updated Facebook lite directly from playstore, I discovered it was still giving me the fake alert then I knew something was fishy, so I just ignored.

I just logged into Facebook lite now and everything seems to be back to normal.

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by LUAN1: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2022
Facebook lite too dey fvck up,
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by BadGenius(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2022
meobizy:
I have never heard of Facebook Lite in my life. I know of Facebook, Facebook Mobile, Facebook Messenger and Facebook Web. I had never heard of GBWhatsapp if not for being a member here. You Nairalanders with una poverty mentality always use the cheapest and buggiest of options. This is the only place in my life I know of people patronizing Freebasics. Tufia!

Oga shut the Bleep~up,You dey cap nonsense.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Nasri100(m): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2022
Android users diaries

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Pwettylinda(f): 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
grin

I don't think they can hack accounts with two steps verification like mine

20 Likes

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by HEBEI: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2022
Op, thank you for this information.

But na wetin them go gain if they hack my Facebook account

Unless them want use the account do runs, hacking my Facebook account, na waste of effort.

1 Like

Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Dkinz(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
TikTok is not exempted
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Bigi120: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
CSNg:

Don't fall victim!

I actually fell for this thing this afternoon and am just seeing this info..... damn! so my fb account is under attack
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Mandesz(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
My Facebook account deactivated for privacy concern a long time ago. Whenever I need some old pics uploaded, I login in download it again.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by Socrates05(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2022
I experienced it this morning around 10.30am but thank God I can be able to recovery account back.
Re: HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Apple Iphone 8 / Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18k-n25k? / HELP!!! Is There Anything I Can Sue MTN For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.