Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,639 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:51 AM

The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot (919 Views)

Are The Yoruba Movies 'arelu' & 'yapon Yanrin' Available On Vcd/dvd? / 'Girls Cot' Movie: Genevieve Nnaji Is Back! / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by MsBS(f): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2007
I've been wondering, why are all these films on VCD's? Do nigerians not use DVD's at all? I mean are any of the films on DVD?

I was thinking it is becase of cost, but I would imagine it would be cheaper to just use one dvd rather than breaking the films into half and using 2 VCD's,  that is really annoying.

Another question: What does COT mean?

I am wondering this after watching Girl's COT. The ideas I had were Court, or Cult. I couldn't think of anything else, so someone,  please,  enlighten me,

, Oh and one more question, When you buy an original VCD film in Nigeria, how much do they cost in Naira?
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by Raymand(m): 3:29am On Mar 11, 2007
COT: i guess it means a carriage for something precious like a baby cot!
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by MsBS(f): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2007
Hmmm, that doesnt sound right,
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by bigbumper(f): 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2007
VCD's are cheaper than DVD's.

I usually buy films on VCD for between 200 to 300 naira, which is the equivalent of £1.

Regarding the word "cot", you need to be a bit more specific, is it the word film directors use as in "cut it's a wrap
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by MsBS(f): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2007
I mean like in the films like "Girls Cot" and "Women's Cot"
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by bigbumper(f): 2:45am On Mar 19, 2007
sorry can't help on that one,can't even
stand watching hollywood films talk less of nollywood.

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Make Money With Good Movie Stories / Free Barclays Premiership Viewing! / Where's Your Movie Seun?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.