Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,299 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot (894 Views)

Are The Yoruba Movies 'arelu' & 'yapon Yanrin' Available On Vcd/dvd? / 'Girls Cot' Movie: Genevieve Nnaji Is Back! / Osoufia in London: Nigerian Home Video/VCD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by MsBS(f): 10:46am On Mar 10, 2007
I've been wondering, why are all these films on VCD's? Do nigerians not use DVD's at all? I mean are any of the films on DVD?

I was thinking it is becase of cost, but I would imagine it would be cheaper to just use one dvd rather than breaking the films into half and using 2 VCD's,  that is really annoying.

Another question: What does COT mean?

I am wondering this after watching Girl's COT. The ideas I had were Court, or Cult. I couldn't think of anything else, so someone,  please,  enlighten me,

, Oh and one more question, When you buy an original VCD film in Nigeria, how much do they cost in Naira?
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by Raymand(m): 3:29am On Mar 11, 2007
COT: i guess it means a carriage for something precious like a baby cot!
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by MsBS(f): 9:44am On Mar 11, 2007
Hmmm, that doesnt sound right,
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by bigbumper(f): 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2007
VCD's are cheaper than DVD's.

I usually buy films on VCD for between 200 to 300 naira, which is the equivalent of £1.

Regarding the word "cot", you need to be a bit more specific, is it the word film directors use as in "cut it's a wrap
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by MsBS(f): 11:24am On Mar 13, 2007
I mean like in the films like "Girls Cot" and "Women's Cot"
Re: The Vcd Debate And Use Of The Word Cot by bigbumper(f): 2:45am On Mar 19, 2007
sorry can't help on that one,can't even
stand watching hollywood films talk less of nollywood.

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother 8 (usa) - What Would Jameka Do? / Let's Beef / Cisco Film Making Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.