Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,479 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Lets Talk About Belgium - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Belgium (1408 Views)

Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) / Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
Good evening fellow nairalanders I applied for a Short stay Visa @ Vfs Abuja Office last month for conference which is coming up by next 2weeks,
i submitted but I'd not receive any massage stating that my application have left the VFS office to the embassy. When I track on line I have response such as ur visa application is under processing @ Visa application centre kindly contact them for more details, I called the customer care line and the lady told me that my application have been submitted, that is with the embassy and that the response I got was an error. The 15 working days giving to me have elapsed, and to today Is the 24th day after submission. Pls for those of us who have gone through such process what should I do, because I have less than 10days to travel as my leave will be starting by next 2weeks as well.

Pls your candid advice is need as to the next step to take in other to get my documents before my departure date.
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by spartacus11(m): 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2018
U people should learn to apply early na, to avoid things like dis

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by queendoreez(f): 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
There's nothing you can do than to wait and zero your mind that the embassy have 2 months to give a response!

Listen up! Belgium Embassy is the most incompetent embassy in Nigeria!

Sometime in December 2016 (precisely on the 22nd), i submitted my visa request application to VFS Lagos, i didn't get a reply until the 8th of February, that's roughly 53days!

Uchmonia:
Good evening fellow nairalanders I applied for a Short stay Visa @ Vfs Abuja Office last month for conference which is coming up by next 2weeks,
i submitted but I'd not receive any massage stating that my application have left the VFS office to the embassy. When I track on line I have response such as ur visa application is under processing @ Visa application centre kindly contact them for more details, I called the customer care line and the lady told me that my application have been submitted, that is with the embassy and that the response I got was an error. The 15 working days giving to me have elapsed, and to today Is the 24th day after submission. Pls for those of us who have gone through such process what should I do, because I have less than 10days to travel as my leave will be starting by next 2weeks as well.

Pls your candid advice is need as to the next step to take in other to get my documents before my departure date.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 6:42am On Mar 20, 2018
queendoreez:
There's nothing you can do than to wait and zero your mind that the embassy have 2 months to give a response!

Sometime in December 2016 (precisely on the 22nd), i submitted my visa request application to VFS Lagos, i didn't get a reply until the 8th of February, that's roughly 53days!

that is not fair, they re the once tat stated that one have to apply 3weeks before the date of department, while are the not keeping to there words
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 6:43am On Mar 20, 2018
spartacus11:
U people should learn to apply early na, to avoid things like dis
I submitted as quickly as I got my invitation.
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by queendoreez(f): 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yes, its not fair but that's the reality. Apparently the schengen rules states that all member countries have 60days to process visa requests.

And even after wasting 53days, my visa request was denied!

Uchmonia:
that is not fair, they re the once tat stated that one have to apply 3weeks before the date of department, while are the not keeping to there words

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by spartacus11(m): 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2018
Uchmonia:
I submitted as quickly as I got my invitation.

Ok, i think all you have to do now is to patiently wait, from d experience of others here it seems applying 3 months to ones trip is best, since they have disappointed others too
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by spartacus11(m): 12:48pm On Mar 20, 2018
queendoreez:
Yes, its not fair but that's the reality. Apparently the schengen rules states that all member countries have 60days to process visa requests.

Just imagine this people
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
queendoreez:

your own that was responded to was it 54 days inclusive of weekends. Because what the told me is minimum of 15 working days
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
spartacus11:

Ok, i think all you have to do now is to patiently wait, from d experience of others here it seems applying 3 months to ones trip is best, since they have disappointed others too

That was what I had in mind to do, but my invitation came out very late. Though I am waiting patiently
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2018
spartacus11:

That was what I had in mind to do, but my invitation came out very late. Though I am waiting patiently
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by queendoreez(f): 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
Yes, weekends inclusive.

They also told me it was 15 working days when i made my application but no response until February 8th, 2017.

The reason for the delay? - They said the decision was made here in Abuja but they sent it to Home Office in Brussels for approval before they notify you to come pick up.

Uchmonia:
your own that was responded to was it 54 days inclusive of weekends. Because what the told me is minimum of 15 working days
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2018
queendoreez:
Yes, weekends inclusive.

They also told me it was 15 working days when i made my application but no response until February 8th, 2017.

The reason for the delay? - They said the decision was made here in Abuja but they sent it to Home Office in Brussels for approval before they notify you to come pick up.

what was the reason for the denial, and did u later appeal
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 8:38pm On Mar 20, 2018
So many people complains of there refusal of visa why are they like that. Even when u are not going there to stay yet they suspect every body that bad
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 8:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
queendoreez:

not through France and Germany is waithin 15- 20days
Re: Lets Talk About Belgium by Uchmonia(m): 5:21am On Apr 07, 2018
Pls I need help, I want to appeal my visa, but I don't have the email address of the body in charge please HV applied before, kindly direct me as I have a limited time to appeal

(1) (Reply)

All You Want To Know About The Britain , Just Ask Here ! / Lets Take You To Belize In Two Weeks / Xenophobia - South Africa . What Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.