Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,319 members, 7,957,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:59 PM

5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life (29189 Views)

Buhari: We Are Making Progress On Fight Against Bandits / Don't Tell People These 4 Things About You As It Can Delay Your Progress In Life / Five Reasons Why You’re Not Getting Pregnant! #4 Is A Major Cause (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by allanphash7(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2018
Mark zukerberg is an Atheist even Seun the owner of this forum
maestroferddi:
Without God on your side, you will not go far...
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 10:50am On Mar 20, 2018
Yinxies:
In this country, even with all these attributes you may still not progress... Our leaders have eaten all PROGRESS... The environment is not enabling

blame blame blame. Keep it up buddy.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by WebSurfer(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2018
toye440:
Guy d only reason y ppl r not progressing is because we exist in this SHITHOLE. Put me in a country like Norway and in 2 yrs am a billionaire while u keep begging for Npower stipend.

THere are thousands of billionaires in Nigeria..

Do you know that ?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 10:52am On Mar 20, 2018
toye440:
Guy d only reason y ppl r not progressing is because we exist in this SHITHOLE. Put me in a country like Norway and in 2 yrs am a billionaire while u keep begging for Npower stipend.

Blame Blame Blame. The best place to make money is in Nigeria.

The idea you have to make money in Norway, have you implemented it here in Nigeria?

Someone once said "imperfections in a system leads to opportunities."

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2018
WebSurfer:

THere are thousands of billionaires in Nigeria..

Do you know that ?

Please help me tell them. Make I go finish my work.

Thanks Sir.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by lahify(m): 11:03am On Mar 20, 2018
interesting piece. op this is an eye-opener
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by erimmy(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2018
dheilaw1:
Rubbish. what of Nigeria factor? even if you have all it takes to be successful, Nigeria as a country will strangle d hell of those success traits out of you
Bros be optimistic as the OP admonished.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by BIXYBABE: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2018
For the first time
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by opribo(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2018
Ok seen, but how does all these things OP has listed concern bubu's son or the billionaire daughters or the children of the richest men.

I read somewhere in my Bible that 'the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.'

So I concluded that if you like read all the books in the world, or work 24/7. Once baba God does not approve your hustle na lie be all.

I remember one of my friends that applied for visa lottery back then for almost 5 years but he did not win but his brother who didn't even do anything instead my friend just applied for him only once won the lottery. Today he is a happy pharmacist in Yankee and my guy is still here with bubu poo.

All I know is that we must keep hopes alive, everything be is in the hands of Baba God, once he picks our call everything becomes smooth.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by Queenserah26(f): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2018
Well said OP
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by delzbaba(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
And also add the Nigerian factor, because this country is a destiny killer.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by revontuli(f): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Blame Blame Blame. The best place to make money is in Nigeria.

The idea you have to make money in Norway, have you implemented it here in Nigeria?

Someone once said "imperfections in a system leads to opportunities."

So true. You have software developers and web designers who are living in Nigeria and making tons of money by doing jobs for foreign clients.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by Krafty006: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
Op you try.....I train professional footwear makers , check my profile...https://www.nairaland.com/4405075/new-designs
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by dheilaw1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
erimmy:
Bros be optimistic as the OP admonished.
issokay
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by Kennyfancy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
ok
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by BiafranBushBoy: 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
revontuli:

So true. You have software developers and web designers who are living in Nigeria and making tons of money by doing jobs for foreign clients.

Yet he won't pay taxes. But abroad, you pay tax even for doing online jobs.

Aside from the difference in currency value, Nigeria is home to several opportunities.

Thanks for contributing.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by IgedeBushBoy(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2018
Ouch! This op is a 'winch'. He got everything on this article correct, including his choice of words. Thumbs up mate
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by rodneyash(m): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2018
I have problem with optimism cry
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by raymond0123: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
Nice one bro.......alot need to be done to strive harder
Re: 5 Reasons Why You’re Not Making Progress In Life by OShepherd: 6:27am On Sep 29, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Do you feel stagnated in life? Or you feel you aren’t moving at the speed you should move, I will show you some possible reasons why you aren’t making progress in life the way you should.

If you believe that life is in stages, then you should also know that there are strategies and principles that should be applied. Making progress in life is a function of determination, zeal, and the right attitude. They should all function at the right amount, which triggers success.

The purpose of this post is to allow you search inwards for what might be a hindrance in making progress in life.

Before you blame the country, president, senators and governors as one of the reasons you aren’t making progress in life, you should take out time to examine inwards what might be the cause aside external forces.

Making progress doesn’t boil down to financials alone, it might be your career, relationship or any other place you expect growth.

What might be some of the reasons you are making progress in life yet?

Laziness

This is the foundation of all the possible cause why you aren’t making progress yet in life. This is the biggest enemy you would ever have in life. It will be the reason others are striving hard and working hard to achieve a lot, and you sit in the corner of your room daydreaming.

It is the bedrock of other progress killers like procrastination, excuse making, and etc.

The issue with laziness is that it makes you believe that you aren’t lazy, while it eats deep into your life and affects your progress in life.

There are other products of laziness, and it would be used as other points to explain the possible reasons why you aren’t making progress in life.

Lack of Discipline

To discipline ones-self is one of the recipes for success. Many successful people have attributed the secret of their success to self-discipline. It can never be overemphasized. This is one life skill that helps you become focused, active, and get things done.

This is one factor that others judge you with. Talent alone isn’t enough, discipline is the watchword. It extends to your personal life, work, career, lifestyle and finances.

Once discipline is gone, you are gonna watch how scattered you become in life. In the long-run, you might just implode and tip the f*ck off – which is the worst you’d ever want to experience.

No Self-Improvement

Self-improvement is all about adding value to yourself. Two years should not pass you by without you improving your self-worth.

In some other thread, I wrote about the top skills that would give you a job and also enhance your career. Most people viewed it and just left. You have to continually add value to yourself, and the outcomes are very great.

When you prefer the latest fashion trends or latest technology gadgets to skills that would open doors for you, how do you intend to start making progress in life?

No Clear Cut Goals

90% of people wake up every morning without any plan of what to achieve for that day. They spend time on time killers (Social Media, Gossips, and TV). You need to set goals every night before the next day. It helps you achieve so much.

These are the Goal setting exercise you should consider

Make a list of 10 goals to achieve
Select the most important
Set a deadline
Talk about it all day till you achieve it
Focus on it (Excellence orientation)

Lack of Optimism

Optimistic people are happy people. They believe that things would be alright and they work hard towards it. They talk about what they want, how they want it, and how they are going to get it.

Non-optimistic people are very unhappy. They are not happy with themselves, their life, the country, everything around them. Their unhappiness prevents them from looking at the brighter side of life. They only talk about what they don’t want and blame other people for their own misfortunes.

Lack of optimism could be one of the reasons why you aren’t making progress in life yet This is because it makes you miss opportunities when they present themselves – because you assume nothing good would come out of it.

How to become an optimist

Think about what you want to achieve and how to get it
Look out for good in every situation
Seek the valuable lesson in every situation
Feed your mind with good kinds of stuff
Try more things; even if you fail, keep trying
Keep being persistent

Other Reason might involve the following;

Procrastination
No Plans
Blame Game
Giving Excuses, etc.
When you work on the above points in your life, you become more productive and happy with yourself. But above all, cultivate discipline and work hard towards achieving your goals, and success would chase you down your pants.

I hope to write more of this next time. If you really love this post, do well to click the link below and subscribe for more posts like this to your mailbox.

source: http://topwritersden.com/making-progress-in-life/
Wow! Great talk but How about environmental factors like Naija wahala or Village people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shows Up At His Own Funeral / Stupid Questions To Avoid As A Bachelor Or Spinster / Safety Tips To Use Around Nigerian Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.